Sign in to follow this  
dazzling canary

next seasons answer....

Now that this sorry season is slowly coming to an end ive had a thought for next season,how about this for a team and it is financially possible,lets say we received £5.5million for Deano with the other 1.5million going to crewe and Deanos pay off, and lets say Greeno goes for £2million in the summer, thats £7.5million, take away the £2.75million we spent on Earnie leaves us with £4.75million to buy...Davenport £1.25million, Jerome £2.25million, Koumas £1million, A.Johnson (ex city now WBA) £250k, Ryan Taylor (Wigan) season long loan, and Scott Carson (Liverpool) season long loan.Total received £7.5million total spent £7.5million, team would look like this....Carson,Taylor,Drury,Doherty,Davenport,Koumas,Johnson,Safri,Huckerby,Earnshaw,Jerome,Subs from Mckenzie,Shackhell,Robinson,Fleming,Etuhu,Hughes,Mcveigh, how about that? and its not impossible? any views??  

[quote user="dazzling canary"]

Now that this sorry season is slowly coming to an end ive had a thought for next season,how about this for a team and it is financially possible,lets say we received £5.5million for Deano with the other 1.5million going to crewe and Deanos pay off, and lets say Greeno goes for £2million in the summer, thats £7.5million, take away the £2.75million we spent on Earnie leaves us with £4.75million to buy...Davenport £1.25million, Jerome £2.25million, Koumas £1million, A.Johnson (ex city now WBA) £250k, Ryan Taylor (Wigan) season long loan, and Scott Carson (Liverpool) season long loan.Total received £7.5million total spent £7.5million, team would look like this....Carson,Taylor,Drury,Doherty,Davenport,Koumas,Johnson,Safri,Huckerby,Earnshaw,Jerome,Subs from Mckenzie,Shackhell,Robinson,Fleming,Etuhu,Hughes,Mcveigh, how about that? and its not impossible? any views??  

[/quote]

Worthy wont sign Koumas.  Neil Doncaster has said as much when questioned about it :

"Jason Koumas is not the type of player Worthy wants to bring to the club" - Neil Doncaster in the fat cat to Paul Meek.

Yes, heaven forfend that Worthington would want a player like Koumas-bit of a maverick, skilful, does his own thing...he could be Pele, but, if his "head isn''t right", Worthington doesn''t want to know.

A variation on the joke from last season-if Worthington was offered Terry, Ferdinand, Woodgate, King & Carragher, he''d spend all his time thinking which one of them would play alongside Craig Fleming.

great idea dazzling, how are you going to pay them? Do you really think that they would get paid en mass the same wage as Greeno? Wake up.

Sorry. Just slipped into a parallel universe there. ''Neil Doncaster in the Fat Cat''?

[quote user="dazzling canary"]

Thats £7.5million, take away the £2.75million we spent on Earnie leaves us with £4.75million to buy...Davenport £1.25million, Jerome £2.25million, Koumas £1million, A.Johnson (ex city now WBA) £250k, Ryan Taylor (Wigan) season long loan, and Scott Carson (Liverpool) season long loan.Total received £7.5million total spent £7.5million.

[/quote] I agree we should have money to buy some decent players but I don''t agree with your suggestions for a variety of reasons I''m afraid:

Davenport - too expensive at £1.25 million and no better IMO than Rehman (yes he played badly on saturday but so did everyone - he has had some great games before)

Jerome - I''d love to see us sign him but I doubt he''d come to Norwich and we wouldn''t get him for £2.25 million - if we could, I think we would have signed him instead of Earnshaw!!

Koumas - would be a wonderful signing but it won''t happen unless Worthy isn''t in charge and even then I doubt it!

A Johnson - No thanks - ex city so never go back!

Ryan Taylor - would be a good loan signing but unlikely.

Scott Carson - on loan - no chance - he''s second choice at Anfield - why would they let him out on loan??

I would like us to sign - Chorley, Chambers, Sam Sodje, Danns, Halford, JJ2, Rehman and Commons.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[quote user="Kathy Blake"]Sorry. Just slipped into a parallel universe there. ''Neil Doncaster in the Fat Cat''?[/quote]

Pub in norwich, reguarly CAMRA pub of the year...  The landlord (posts on here as Fat Barman) is a city fan!!

[/quote]

I know exactly what and where the Fat Cat is.I just cannot for the life of me imagine ND going in there.