Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Sunderland (L/A) *****

8 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Got papped with Pete Doherty at 4am in Camden during the week.

Being pushed along in a wheelbarrow by Boy George.

30 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Pukki clearly has to start next game...but then so does Sargent.

Conundrum for Smith to now find the best way of accomodating both.

Neith Dowell, Sinani or Hernandez can claim to be undroppable after today

I can only see one of Pukki / Sargent playing slightly off the other. It would be a shame to shove Sargent out wide

It's easy: 4-2-3-1 with McLean and Nunez in central midfield. Cantwell left, Dowell central and Pukki right with Sargent up top; or 4-4-2 with Cantwell left and Sinani right. 

3 minutes ago, percy varco said:

Smith out. 
smash and grab today. 
what is Smith’s style. Still can’t see it. 

I'm a Smith-outer, but this seems unfair to me. There were lots of games in the 20/21 season when we didn't look great but somehow snatched the win (often 2-1). Having said that, I felt this was our poorest performance so far except for Cardiff. Let's see what happens when we play teams who are less industrial than those we have come across so far.

48 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

Don't they say something about winning when not at your best?

34 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

First time Sunderland have lost at home since February 2019, according to Paddy Davitt.

No, Feb this year against MK Dons.

2 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

I'm a Smith-outer, but this seems unfair to me. There were lots of games in the 20/21 season when we didn't look great but somehow snatched the win (often 2-1). Having said that, I felt this was our poorest performance so far except for Cardiff. Let's see what happens when we play teams who are less industrial than those we have come across so far.

I think quite a lot of teams will come at us in an industrial fashion tbh, it's probably their best chance of an upset. We, despite what some would say, are still regarded as a footballing side. Few will match us if we play at our best, so they'll try to rough us up a bit . 

1 minute ago, Mr Angry said:

No, Feb this year against MK Dons.

Ah, thanks. Paddy must have been getting overexcited.

1 minute ago, canarybubbles said:

In the Cardiff game we deserved to draw as neither team did anything, today we gave away so much more and probably deserved to lose.

I'm glad that a majority of the fanbase are more optimistic than I am right now that's for sure.

If Hayden’s injury is more serious than first thought, we need to get another DM in. Rode our luck big time today.

Just now, KeiranShikari said:

In the Cardiff game we deserved to draw as neither team did anything, today we gave away so much more and probably deserved to lose.

I'm glad that a majority of the fanbase are more optimistic than I am right now that's for sure.

Is that the opposite of schadenfreude then? 

3 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Is that the opposite of schadenfreude then? 

Almost, although I'm not just happy because they're happy. I know the team jneed buy in from the fans and I'm glad most will be doing that whilst I'm yet to be won over....or something like that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Gibbs was a big miss when he went off

Yes, he was. But it makes you wonder why Sara didn't come on. For someone who was supposedly almost ready, he seems very unready at the moment.

EDIT: BTW, this is not meant to be a criticism of Byram in any way. I thought he did very well and lifted us on that side of the pitch for the rest of the game.

Edited by canarybubbles

Just now, canarybubbles said:

Yes, he was. But it makes you wonder why Sara didn't come on. For someone who was supposedly almost ready, he seems very unready at the moment.

He played his first 90mins on Tuesday... I think that pretty much says it all if you ask me. I expect that not having Byram on from the start was only due to his own recent return to fitness. 

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

Hanley MOTM by a country mile.

Point of order Fred,  its player of the match in these days of inclusion 

1 minute ago, chicken said:

He played his first 90mins on Tuesday... I think that pretty much says it all if you ask me. I expect that not having Byram on from the start was only due to his own recent return to fitness. 

Sorry, I was editing my original post while you posted this.

1 minute ago, CANARYKING said:

Cantwell has to play Tuesday, changed the game wh en he came on

Agree, Cantwell and Pukki brought rotation, this is what undid the opposition, regardless of who scored. 

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Oooh, away at Halifax. Tough trip.😉

And yet another! Doesn’t even know that Halifax are not in the Championship, which speaks volumes!

2 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

And yet another! Doesn’t even know that Halifax are not in the Championship, which speaks volumes!

Lighten up my friend. You've been around this forum long enough to know it's full of **** takers. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Michael Starr said:

Poor yet still 0-0. It's the result that counts. Time to claim a sneaky 1-0 ugly win.

Absolutely the result, a clean sheet and three points away from home is not to be sniffed at.

Room or improvement of course but you'd expect that less than a month into a new season after relegation. Fluency and consistency will come given time.

Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KeiranShikari said:

Pathetic performance ….

Our defending was definitely not pathetic. Sky gave MOTM to Hanley so they didn’t think he was pathetic either.

Sure we weren’t fluent going forward but stopping the other team scoring is as important as scoring yourselves. Two sides to the game

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

We're 2nd in the League

I bet @The Real Buh is crying into a mug of tea

I can support my team and not rate smith. I have the required brain cells to have nuanced thought.

You literally posted a thread saying you hope Ipswich get promoted, binner

6 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

Our defending was definitely not pathetic. Sky gave MOTM to Hanley so they didn’t think he was pathetic either.

Sure we weren’t fluent going forward but stopping the other team scoring is as important as scoring yourselves. Two sides to the game

There was some good last ditch defending caused by bad initial defending.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CANARYKING said:

If Hayden’s injury is more serious than first thought, we need to get another DM in. Rode our luck big time today.

But it's not is it. A bit of fluid on the knee to be drained in the same fashion Idah did. They always said 6/7 games before you see him. Hopefully that will be the end of Kenny in midfield with any luck.

26 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I can support my team and not rate smith. I have the required brain cells to have nuanced thought.

Looking a fool and using Binner as an insult is nuanced thought.? Err ok Stoopid. 

28 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Watching you wriggle and squeak is hilarious. What a poor poor Troll. 

• Like 1