Sign in to follow this  
Feedthewolf

NCFC women's team

Thought it'd be worth having a separate thread for our women's team on here, which we can update as the season progresses.

I'll start by drawing people's attention to the fact that our first home game is this Sunday at The Nest, 2pm kick-off. We won our first game 4-1 away to Cambridge United last weekend with a hattrick from Natasha Stelling, putting us top of the table after the first round of fixtures.

On Sunday we're up against Actonians, who also won their first game of the season. They beat us 6-0 at their place last season, but we managed to beat them 2-1 at The Nest in the return fixture. We play in the National League Division One South East, which is the fourth tier of women's football in England.

You can view and download the match programme here: https://files.canaries.co.uk/womens/programmevactonians.pdf

I think I'm right in saying that tickets are £7 for adults and £1 for kids, and that on-the-day tickets are available to buy via card only.

If anyone knows of any other ways of finding out about the women's team, please let us know below – as far as I can see there's only a squad list and fixtures/results list on the official club website. There's an official Twitter account here, a Facebook page here, and an Instagram page here.

Can't find any publicity for Sunday's match anywhere, or any ticketing details, so let's use word of mouth to give our girls as much support as we can. Myself and Mrs Wolf are planning to attend on Sunday, so if anyone else thinks they might come along, feel free to post here or DM me if you'd like to meet up!

Edited by Feedthewolf
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 5

I'll definitely be taking my lot there for a match soon. Can't do Sunday as I'm off on holiday tomorrow but we'll be up there soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

I'll definitely be taking my lot there for a match soon. Can't do Sunday as I'm off on holiday tomorrow but we'll be up there soon.

Cool, have a great holiday mate!

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

Thought it'd be worth having a separate thread for our women's team on here, which we can update as the season progresses.

I'll start by drawing people's attention to the fact that our first home game is this Sunday at The Nest, 2pm kick-off. We won our first game 4-1 away to Cambridge United last weekend with a hattrick from Natasha Stelling, putting us top of the table after the first round of fixtures.

On Sunday we're up against Actonians, who also won their first game of the season. They beat us 6-0 at their place last season, but we managed to beat them 2-1 at The Nest in the return fixture. We play in the National League Division One South East, which is the fourth tier of women's football in England.

You can view and download the match programme here: https://files.canaries.co.uk/womens/programmevactonians.pdf

I think I'm right in saying that tickets are £7 for adults and £1 for kids, and that on-the-day tickets are available to buy via card only.

If anyone knows of any other ways of finding out about the women's team, please let us know below – as far as I can see there's only a squad list and fixtures/results list on the official club website. There's an official Twitter account here, a Facebook page here, and an Instagram page here.

Can't find any publicity for Sunday's match anywhere, or any ticketing details, so let's use word of mouth to give our girls as much support as we can. Myself and Mrs Wolf are planning to attend on Sunday, so if anyone else thinks they might come along, feel free to post here or DM me if you'd like to meet up!

Where abouts is the nest , I know it was our ground until we moved to carrow road.🤔

2 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

Where abouts is the nest , I know it was our ground until we moved to carrow road.🤔

Ah, the old Nest was on Rosary Road... the new Nest is out by the airport, off Holt Road:

https://g.page/TheNestCSF?share

£7 seems a lot, but I read somewhere that if you prepurchase rather than buy on the gate it’s £4.50 , can anyone confirm that

4 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

The old nest is long gone

14 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

Ok cool , how come Norwich ladies are in only the fourth tier , have we not bothered about a woman's team until recently?

There has been a Norwich women's team for a long time, but it's had very little support/backing from the club.

In February the club announced that it was bringing the women's team into the day-to-day operations of NCFC: https://www.canaries.co.uk/content/club-announce-full-integration-of-norwich-city-women

Then in June we appointed former professional player Flo Allen as the general manager: https://www.canaries.co.uk/content/flo-allen-appointed-as-norwich-city-women-general-manager

The club is really keen to develop the women's football teams from youth level upwards, but hasn't set any goals in terms of moving up the pyramid. It would be great to see us in the national leagues in time – the Championship is the second tier, under the WSL, so it'd be brilliant to get to that level. The women's game is growing so fast, especially after the Lionesses' success this summer, so it's a great time to be investing time and resources in our women's and girls' teams.

Edited by Feedthewolf
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, city4eva said:

£7 seems a lot, but I read somewhere that if you prepurchase rather than buy on the gate it’s £4.50 , can anyone confirm that

Hoping this link works for you? It does indeed enable you to buy tickets in advance for £4.50, but looks like we've missed the boat for Sunday's game as that's no longer on this page.

I've also found this page, which shows that you can buy a season ticket for £40 (concessionary prices also available), and confirms the on-the-gate prices.

We need to give serious investment to the Norwich City female team. Get in there early and really push for a regular place at the top tier. It's only going to grow and we need to be in there.

• Like 5

I really hope they can get the younger generation in both Male and Female (and other genders) because if your someone like me (Young and Poor) those Ticket prices are not to be sniffed at. I think £6-£8 is the average in WSL for a Match ticket. For the biggest Womans team in my region the season ticket is £60 which is cheaper than an Arsenal Mens Match Ticket. The kids season ticket is like £35 at that same Womans team. As opposed to the nearest Professional Mens Team to me who charge for my age range charge £180 for a season ticket, irrespective of whether you sit or stand (Cheeky B*st*rds).

1 hour ago, CrankyCanary said:

I really hope they can get the younger generation in both Male and Female (and other genders) because if your someone like me (Young and Poor) those Ticket prices are not to be sniffed at. I think £6-£8 is the average in WSL for a Match ticket. For the biggest Womans team in my region the season ticket is £60 which is cheaper than an Arsenal Mens Match Ticket. The kids season ticket is like £35 at that same Womans team. As opposed to the nearest Professional Mens Team to me who charge for my age range charge £180 for a season ticket, irrespective of whether you sit or stand (Cheeky B*st*rds).

I think it's fair to charge extra for on-the-gate tickets... it's £4.50 to buy adult tickets in advance, then £3.50 for U18s and £1 for U12s. I think that's pretty reasonable, about the price of a pint every two or three weeks for adults?

Cheers for the insight on other teams' prices... I'm guessing you're based in or near to London?

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I think it's fair to charge extra for on-the-gate tickets... it's £4.50 to buy adult tickets in advance, then £3.50 for U18s and £1 for U12s. I think that's pretty reasonable, about the price of a pint every two or three weeks for adults?

Cheers for the insight on other teams' prices... I'm guessing you're based in or near to London?

Not even close I'm not based in East Anglia or the home counties, and I'll leave it at that. I wish I could but don't think it's safe to say where I live anywhere online.

5 minutes ago, CrankyCanary said:

Not even close I'm not based in East Anglia or the home counties, and I'll leave it at that. I wish I could but don't think it's safe to say where I live anywhere online.

That's totally fair enough mate! Was just interested from a pricing point of view, obviously you'd expect London area to be more expensive than anywhere else.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

That's totally fair enough mate! Was just interested from a pricing point of view, obviously you'd expect London area to be more expensive than anywhere else.

I think in Male Ticket prices yeah (Though West Ham have the cheapest tickets this season of any Premier League club £330). (I think) in this case it's the exception and not the rule, different parameters, different rules and Finances effect Womans Football, and as I don't know the extent of those parameters I don't feel qualified to comment further.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CrankyCanary said:

I think in Male Ticket prices yeah (Though West Ham have the cheapest tickets this season of any Premier League club £330). (I think) in this case it's the exception and not the rule, different parameters, different rules and Finances effect Womans Football, and as I don't know the extent of those parameters I don't feel qualified to comment further.

Again, fair enough... I'm not sure either. It'd be interesting to know to what extent the 'bigger' clubs (think PSG, Barcelona, Man City) are bankrolled by their men's teams, and to what extent they have financial independence.

Same with Norwich, too, I guess... although the men's team are now officially supporting the women's team, who pays for the players' training, travel, match fees (assuming they get paid some sort of match fee, even though they're not professional)?

Edited by Feedthewolf

14 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Hoping this link works for you? It does indeed enable you to buy tickets in advance for £4.50, but looks like we've missed the boat for Sunday's game as that's no longer on this page.

I've also found this page, which shows that you can buy a season ticket for £40 (concessionary prices also available), and confirms the on-the-gate prices.

Thanks for that. I won’t be getting a season ticket but will try to get to a game or 2 for £4.50

16 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

There has been a Norwich women's team for a long time, but it's had very little support/backing from the club.

In February the club announced that it was bringing the women's team into the day-to-day operations of NCFC: https://www.canaries.co.uk/content/club-announce-full-integration-of-norwich-city-women

Then in June we appointed former professional player Flo Allen as the general manager: https://www.canaries.co.uk/content/flo-allen-appointed-as-norwich-city-women-general-manager

The club is really keen to develop the women's football teams from youth level upwards, but hasn't set any goals in terms of moving up the pyramid. It would be great to see us in the national leagues in time – the Championship is the second tier, under the WSL, so it'd be brilliant to get to that level. The women's game is growing so fast, especially after the Lionesses' success this summer, so it's a great time to be investing time and resources in our women's and girls' teams.

Just read in the Club archives that Norwich Ladies beat Doncaster Belles (then the best women's team in England) in the mid 80's to win the Women's FA Cup! I have to say that completely passed me by, so if others were similarly lacking in knowledge its so no wonder the women's game hasn't progressed that well in Norwich.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Think I remember somebody saying that a season ticket at Arsenal Ladies was £80

But of course, they are much much higher in the hierarchy than Norwich and a professional full-time team, so there is more than geography at play there.

Saw this on facebook of some of the other prices similar standard, Nest holds 1000, they averaged 100 last season so im reliably informed, obviously hoping for a bigger crowd this season after the Lionesses success

Screenshot_20220827-162749_Facebook.jpg

Edited by Diane
Spelling
  • Thanks 1

Game day!

Sun's shining, it's a bank holiday weekend, we're top of the league... anyone fancy some NCFC action?

2pm kick-off at The Nest, NR10 3AQ.

See you there?

19 hours ago, Diane said:

Saw this on facebook of some of the other prices similar standard, Nest holds 1000, they averaged 100 last season so im reliably informed, obviously hoping for a bigger crowd this season after the Lionesses success

Screenshot_20220827-162749_Facebook.jpg

Just to clarify, Wroxham women’s games are now £4, £30 for a season ticket. They have their first home game of the season today too.

Edited by FenwayFrank
  • Like 1

0-0 at half time, very evenly matched. A couple of lengthy injury stoppages, but everyone emerged unscathed. Steward reckons the attendance is around 350, which is a record for the women's team!

• Like 3

Final score: 1-0 to Norwich!

A 30-yard screamer from Becca Russell about 20 minutes from time.

Attendance was 389.

Full match report to follow.

They're at home again next Sunday at 2pm against London Seaward.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Final score: 1-0 to Norwich!

A 30-yard screamer from Becca Russell about 20 minutes from time.

Attendance was 389.

Full match report to follow.

They're at home again next Sunday at 2pm against London Seaward.

Love this and the record attendance too