Sign in to follow this  
Hank shoots Skyler

How large a bid would you accept for the sale of Rashica?

How large a bid would you be happy to accept for the sale of Rashica?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. How large a bid would you be happy to accept for the sale of Rashica?

• No price - he is unsellable
    • £20 million or more
    • £15-20 million
    • £10-15 million
    • £7.5-10 million
    • £5-7.5 million
    • £2.5-5 million
    • £0-2.5 million
    • I'll drive him there myself

Interesting that the selling Rashica thread has pretty much devolved into full agreement that we'd be happy for him to move on if the price was right. Question is, what price is 'right' for you?

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler

He's a funny one - I maintain that any attempt at putting old-school wingers and Pukki together is almost bound to fail simply as an old-school winger will look for crosses or the odd drag-back, and Pukki's best running off the shoulder so prefers through balls. That's why I don't think we've seen the best of Rashica (one neat assist to Aarons aside) and Placheta, and indeed why Onel's final output can be infuriating to put it mildly. All of those are old-school wingers, but they're being tasked to supply a guy who's a wonderful finisher, but the polar opposite to Douglas Bader (great on the ground, lousy in the air).

If we can get within a million or two of what we paid for him I wouldn't moan though. There is a bit of me thinking "if Idah and Sargent suddenly become our main men, his style of play might suddenly look a better fit".

25 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

He's a funny one - I maintain that any attempt at putting old-school wingers and Pukki together is almost bound to fail simply as an old-school winger will look for crosses or the odd drag-back, and Pukki's best running off the shoulder so prefers through balls. That's why I don't think we've seen the best of Rashica (one neat assist to Aarons aside) and Placheta, and indeed why Onel's final output can be infuriating to put it mildly. All of those are old-school wingers, but they're being tasked to supply a guy who's a wonderful finisher, but the polar opposite to Douglas Bader (great on the ground, lousy in the air).

If we can get within a million or two of what we paid for him I wouldn't moan though. There is a bit of me thinking "if Idah and Sargent suddenly become our main men, his style of play might suddenly look a better fit".

I get what you are saying, but even Idah and Sargent benefit from a relatively early delivery - although both are obviously stronger in the air than Pukki neither are really dominant in a traditional British #9 (Andy Carroll / Duncan Ferguson) kind of way.  I wouldn't necessarily back either to win a header against Championship CBs on equal terms.  Sargent's heading ability is far more marked from deeper crosses against a back-pedalling defence where he can time his run / jump and attack the ball.  And for a player of his size and build I'm not convinced that Idah is actually that good in the air (as opposed to using his strength to shield the ball / hold it up.) 

I think this is why Sinani has looked more effective so far - in addition to early through balls he isn't averse to whipping in a cross without needing to beat a player or deliver from the by-line which allows defences to get a little more set to attack the ball.  I wonder if Rashica feels a pressure to justify his fee by performing like a traditional winger and beating his man when the occasional earlier ball could not only be more effective, but might actually make him a bit less predictable and earn him a bit more space to do his thing.

Oh - and £7m plus for me.

Edited by Barham Blitz
  • Like 1

Can't believe no-one would be happy if we got >£20m for him!

..Ok, I'm playing with words.. I couldn't resist! 🙂

Realistically:

£10m+ = Jorge Mendes level of salesmanship

£7.5m+ = Great deal

£5m+ = Good/fair deal

£3m+ = Not good but consider

< £3m = Poor

I can see a loan with option to buy type deal with a Bundesliga club.

• Like 3

Break him up and sell him by the pound. Those legs alone must be worth a few quid.

• Haha 1

I still think he is a good player, I saw some stats people referred to which suggested otherwise against Bournemouth - any idea where they came from?  I simply think he is a bad fit here, and some of the comments suggesting Springett and Rowe are better options seems optimistic to me.  The biggest reason I can see for selling is that he is behind Onel, Cantwell, and Sinani, plus if I was Smith I would be trying hard to get Idah, Pukki, and Sargent on the field at once.  

31 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

I still think he is a good player, I saw some stats people referred to which suggested otherwise against Bournemouth - any idea where they came from?  I simply think he is a bad fit here, and some of the comments suggesting Springett and Rowe are better options seems optimistic to me.  The biggest reason I can see for selling is that he is behind Onel, Cantwell, and Sinani, plus if I was Smith I would be trying hard to get Idah, Pukki, and Sargent on the field at once.  

Look on whoscored. There are stats for most things. 

5 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Just voted and i cannot believe there are posters thinking we will make a profit on him !

Me too... 5 to 7.5m will be our maximum...

Was excited to see him play for us. What an utter disappointment 

He may be a really good player, but he doesn’t seem to fit in the team here and now. If we get £5-6m plus a really good sell on percentage I would let him go and use the money elsewhere (rather than being tied up and wasted on a player sitting on the bench or not even in the squad).

He's under contract and should not be for sale at less than what we paid for him.

If he wants to leave Norwich then it's up to him to get his a4se in gear an gain some suitors. As far as I'm aware we haven't had a single enquiry for him.

16 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

He's under contract and should not be for sale at less than what we paid for him.

If he wants to leave Norwich then it's up to him to get his a4se in gear an gain some suitors. As far as I'm aware we haven't had a single enquiry for him.

I hate beating up on our own player, and I also think now we have started winning and there is competition for places he may improve.  Equally if he is really not going to improve we would save on his wages, which I assume are amongst the highest in the club.

Edited by Newtopia

It's a possibility the club will want to keep hold of him in the hope his performances will improve and his stock and price tag will rise.

Sell him off at a cheaper rate for a fast buck might not be the best bit of business.

Remember that Webber turned a £1m profit on Marley Watkins... anything is possible! Rashica's stock is probably still relatively high in Germany, he's got plenty of Bundesliga experience and is a good age.

I went for the £7.5-10m bracket, so basically seeking to recoup roughly what we paid for him... although realistically, anything above £5m would be acceptable.

• Like 1

Might get interest from a German 2nd Div club that remembers previous good games.  Noone in UK HAS seen him play well so no interest.  Fee will be fairly low much less than fee paid.  Best to send him on loan and hope he reignites any ability.  Webber to get £1m for Rashica.

8 hours ago, pete said:

Might get interest from a German 2nd Div club that remembers previous good games.  Noone in UK HAS seen him play well so no interest.  Fee will be fairly low much less than fee paid.  Best to send him on loan and hope he reignites any ability.  Webber to get £1m for Rashica.

He's considered probably the best player to ever come out of Kosovo, I mean that's no fine achievement but Kosovo have a decent squad probably equivelant to (maybe) Luxembourg. He had Premier league and other Interest from European heavyweights 2-3 seasons ago, I don't think that he'sfallen off to the point that he'd end up playing for E.G. Eintracht Braunschweig or Kaiserslautern.

At the moment Sinani looks much less showy but much more effective. We don't need Rashica, so IMO it's better to sell at a loss than have an unhappy player around (and he does look unhappy).

Why are our fans so quick to write players off? There is a decent player in there. Has the recent Sargent experience not shown us how quickly things can change if the team clicks?

Edited by Jim Smith
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

Why are our fans so quick to write players off? There is a decent player in there. Has the recent Sargent experience not shown us how quickly things can change if the team clicks?

I’ll mark you down in the £10-15 mil category Jim 🤣