Predictions on how many seasons it will be until they (win) buy the Premier League title!? It's like having a cheat code on Championship manager.

Edited by Satriales
  • Haha 1

They've spent loads of money and failed to win when 3-1 up at home against Man City, proper game management and some decent coaching and they could've hung on for theΒ win

They failed.

Β 

Whilst I don't agree with it, why the hatred for toon, just because they are the most recent club to go down this route. Plenty of others have before too.

I'm sure if we were in their position many on here would be loving it. Not all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

They've spent loads of money and failed to win when 3-1 up at home against Man City, proper game management and some decent coaching and they could've hung on for theΒ win

They failed.

Β 

Fighting relegation before the take over last season, getting a draw against the reining champions seems like progress to me.Β 

27 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

They failed.

Β 

Really?

Spent loads of money?

And a 3-3 with City is failure?

35 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Predictions on how many seasons it will be until they (win) buy the Premier League title!? It's like having a cheat code on Championship manager.

4 seasons.Β 

37 minutes ago, Satriales said:

They won'tΒ 

With the amount of money they have to spend they will be a top 8 club in the near future for sure, whether they'll ever win the league or even get into the CL is debatable. They along with Sunderland, Middlesborough, us and a few other clubs have a problem in that it's difficult to attract high quality players to live in that area. It's why wealthy owners flock towards London clubs, even the smaller ones because it's easy to attract playersΒ there. Teams like Newcastle have to over pay players to join them, the players could live elsewhere of course but it's difficult for them to develop any attachment to the fans and area and so are basically pure mercenaries who are just there for the money and it's difficult to motivate players like that.Β Β That's why Sunderland have always found it difficult to compete despite being aΒ big club, they have to pay over the odds and players are only there for the money when they're in the top flight.

It's different when you're buying lower quality players because they're just happy to be there, but if Newcastle areΒ competing with West Ham or Tottenham for a player they'll have to offer obscene wages to get them to choose Newcastle over them, that's why there's no guarantee they'll be as successful as some people are expecting. They'll end up with a lot of players only there for the payday and as a result may end up underperforming or having a team less than the sun of it's parts. It's going to be interesting to watch for sure though.Β 

13 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

With the amount of money they have to spend they will be a top 8 club in the near future for sure, whether they'll ever win the league or even get into the CL is debatable. They along with Sunderland, Middlesborough, us and a few other clubs have a problem in that it's difficult to attract high quality players to live in that area. It's why wealthy owners flock towards London clubs, even the smaller ones because it's easy to attract playersΒ there. Teams like Newcastle have to over pay players to join them, the players could live elsewhere of course but it's difficult for them to develop any attachment to the fans and area and so are basically pure mercenaries who are just there for the money and it's difficult to motivate players like that.Β Β That's why Sunderland have always found it difficult to compete despite being aΒ big club, they have to pay over the odds and players are only there for the money when they're in the top flight.

It's different when you're buying lower quality players because they're just happy to be there, but if Newcastle areΒ competing with West Ham or Tottenham for a player they'll have to offer obscene wages to get them to choose Newcastle over them, that's why there's no guarantee they'll be as successful as some people are expecting. They'll end up with a lot of players only there for the payday and as a result may end up underperforming or having a team less than the sun of it's parts. It's going to be interesting to watch for sure though.Β 

Will be rather bright though 🌞 

It's disgusting that they were allowed to buy the club in the first place but the entire Premier League is based around how much money a select few can make.

I try not to think about it as if you go to deep the honest reality becomes "what is the point in the Premier League" and I don't just mean us.

Brighton have done fantastically well and have a wealthy, fan owner who's backed them to the tune of hundreds of millions. They have a quality manager and improve the squad every single season. They have quality in every single position but still have to sell a Left Back they only signed a year or so ago to Chelsea, still have to watch their backs when it comes to relegation fights and might be lucky enough to get to a League Cup semi-final.

In reality, there's nothing to celebrate but our ambition is ultimately to get to that stage. I'm not sure how long it stays exciting for.

• Like 8

The battle to stay in the Premier League and gain mid table mediocrity is more exciting than that to win it. It's been a decent start to the season. I can't wait to get back.

Why can’t we just be Norwich. Play entertainingΒ football and one day stay up for more than one season once promoted to the league many pretend to hate.Β 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Whilst I don't agree with it, why the hatred for toon, just because they are the most recent club to go down this route. Plenty of others have before too.

I'm sure if we were in their position many on here would be loving it. Not all.

I think Newcastle deserve a special kind of hatred due to their hypocrisy. There were not many insults aimed at their former owner, about how he treated his employees in his business, his business in general and how he was tight and wasn't bankrolling their success like he should do (that despite spending a fair whack on players).

The Saudi's are literally ALL of the things they accused him of and much, much, much more. But that's fine, because whilst it gives them success it doesn't matter that they have taken money from the Saudi people and are spending it on their club. Nor that this is actually more of a PR performance to try and gain favour in the UK where they are largely disliked/hated for their human rights transgressions including capitol punishment of the LBTQ+ community...

So yeah, you know, I guess folks could hate them less, but I guess you would have to think their owners not to be people who partake in some incredibly sh!tty stuff (and I've barely touched the tip of the iceberg).

• Like 2

They took the knee before the Tranmere game....but wait, they're owned by Saudi Arabia? Hmmm. Such hypocrites. Football is polluted at the top level, especially at the top of that top level, such as Newcastle. I'd rather never be like them.

Edited by JB

I don't suppose our fanbase would be any less hypocritical given an equivalent 'windfall'.Β 

The issue for fans is not how the wealth was achieved but how the club is run thereafter. Man Utd fans will tell you that isn't always good. Early days for Newcastle as they are still transitioning to super rich in terms of their squad and management team.

Thank goodness we aren't, Newcastle fans are just a tinpot version of the Scousers. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ€£

Apples

The detestable Saudi owners are the latest outfit try to sportswash the regime whilst they continue to execute and assassinate their citizens.Β  Worth in the region of Β£400bn.Β  At that level I would have expected them to go after aging superstars Messi etc.Β  But they seem to have to date been trsrtved in their spending and have recruited an exciting squad based on Man C performance.Β  But this move for Isak the cash shacklrs are off.Β  FFP needs to look at Newcastle, also Man C but never do.

Β Β 

15 minutes ago, pete said:

The detestable Saudi owners are the latest outfit try to sportswash the regime

Do they need to? Anthony Joshua and Eddie Hearn seem happy to fly out there and do it for them, and the British pubic lap it up.

Of course, the UK has got no moral highground to take on this at all considering how many weapons and military equipment we sell to the Saudis, we are entirely 100% complicit and guilty by association. Perhaps Eddie Hearn and Anthony Joshua were actually out there to sportswash for the UK?

The reality is that we can't afford to f*ck off the Saudi's, because as has become apparent to us all, we are reliant on energy and fuel imports to keep UK PLC ticking, and we're f*cked without them, and the Saudi's can and do decide when we can or can't have their oil,Β we all know this is the real reason we let them buy Newcastle.

And we all stick Saudi oil in our cars, so what moral highground canΒ we take unless we go back to the horse and cart?

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

7 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Do they need to? Anthony Joshua and Eddie Hearn seem happy to fly out there and do it for them, and the British pubic lap it up.

Of course, the UK has got no moral highground to take on this at all considering how many weapons and military equipment we sell to the Saudis, we are entirely 100% complicit and guilty by association. Perhaps Eddie Hearn and Anthony Joshua were actually out there to sportswash for the UK?

The reality is that we can't afford to f*ck off the Saudi's, because as has become apparent to us all, we are reliant on energy and fuel imports to keep UK PLC ticking, and we're f*cked without them, and the Saudi's can and do decide when we can or can't have their oil,Β we all know this is the real reason we let them buy Newcastle.

And we all stick Saudi oil in our cars, so what moral highground canΒ we take unless we go back to the horse and cart?

I know someone who has taken the moral high ground by running his Range Rover on 80% vegetable oil,  20% agricultural diesel, thereby minimizing contributions to both the Saudi and UK governments. Only drawback is , everytime he parks, someone walks up and asks for One Cod two haddock, a battered sausage and four large chips. Wrapped.  What's a man to do 🀷

My oldest friend is Palace from our childhood together in south London. As we know they have had considerable success these last few years, possibly an β€˜above their weight’ football cliche. He textedΒ this week saying he’s lost friends to Dulwich Hamlet. This is happening across the board but it appears Football at pro level still remains somewhat the β€˜opiumΒ of the people’. But we now follow guiltily and are troubled by the thought we will wake up having lost the game for good.Β 

• Thanks 1

On 24/08/2022 at 13:57, Satriales said:

Their was a glitch on one of the old PES games where if the AI thought you were facing financial hardship after/during a transfer the AI would bung you half a billion. Also there was no proper way to make a profit without being dire and selling everyone every season so you'd go bust eventually anyway.

On 25/08/2022 at 17:21, wcorkcanary said:

I know someone who has taken the moral high ground by running his Range Rover on 80% vegetable oil,  20% agricultural diesel, thereby minimizing contributions to both the Saudi and UK governments. Only drawback is , everytime he parks, someone walks up and asks for One Cod two haddock, a battered sausage and four large chips. Wrapped.  What's a man to do 🀷

Tell him to get a Food Hygiene certificate grow a styled Beard and wear a Dandy Suit. To be fair if you support Dulwich Hamlet you probably have at least two of those things.

• Haha 1

On 25/08/2022 at 18:51, corbs said:

My oldest friend is Palace from our childhood together in south London. As we know they have had considerable success these last few years, possibly an β€˜above their weight’ football cliche. He textedΒ this week saying he’s lost friends to Dulwich Hamlet. This is happening across the board but it appears Football at pro level still remains somewhat the β€˜opiumΒ of the people’. But we now follow guiltily and are troubled by the thought we will wake up having lost the game for good.Β 

Isn't/wasn't Crouchy involved with Dulwich Hamlet?

The game in general is going. Notwithstanding Newcastle in what world is Watford selling a player for Β£16m then being allowed to loan him back for a season acceptable. Fraud in the highest order. The big wigs allow these teams to get away with it cos its all about the money. Eventually the real fan will be priced out of it and it will be corporate only. More people will go local to the likes of Wroxham where they can watch some decent footy and enjoy aΒ  cheaper pint

1 hour ago, CrankyCanary said:

Their was a glitch on one of the old PES games where if the AI thought you were facing financial hardship after/during a transfer the AI would bung you half a billion. Also there was no proper way to make a profit without being dire and selling everyone every season so you'd go bust eventually anyway.

Going back even further, sounds similar to the old Sensible Soccer game on the Amiga. You'd win the league (by winning every single game) and your top scorer would have over 50 goals but every single player would devalue to the point of only being worth a couple of hundred thousand pounds. Used to wind me up something rotten !