ricardo

Ricardo's report v Bournemouth

11 hours ago, Van wink said:

why can’t we beat the first man with a corner!!

We can when Sinani takes them!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kirku said:

Why do you credit Bournemouth with scoring 5 more, but us exactly the same?

Hugill could/should have done better when he tackled their keeper about 7 yards from his goal. Sara had a good chance with a header, Pukki nearly snuck one in right at the end, and Rashica conspired to royally screw up an interception on the edge of their box.

I agree that Bournemouth had the better overall chances, at least one sticks out in the first half that they should've scored, but neither of their goals were particularly high quality. 

I've not seen it yet. What did Xg say? 🙂 

11 hours ago, Jason Shackell’s Limp Tack said:

What did you reckon to Tony Springett? I felt he had a bit of a torrid time, certainly will know he's been in a game.

11 hours ago, ricardo said:

He's  not a left back and he a Ramsey were clearly the weakest links.

11 hours ago, kirku said:

Springett is clearly not a fullback and didn't look good there, at all. Rashica was pretty awful, hard to see what he adds at the moment.

Just posted in the match thread that I don't understand these kind of comments. I thought Springett looked good.

He didn't do too much wrong defensively, especially considering that's not his position, and he presented a decent threat going forward. He worked hard and competed well physically despite looking a bit undersized.

I'm not saying that he was man of the match but I think to say that he had a torrid time or that he was the weak link is incredibly harsh.

2 hours ago, kirku said:

Why do you credit Bournemouth with scoring 5 more, but us exactly the same?

Hugill could/should have done better when he tackled their keeper about 7 yards from his goal. Sara had a good chance with a header, Pukki nearly snuck one in right at the end, and Rashica conspired to royally screw up an interception on the edge of their box.

I agree that Bournemouth had the better overall chances, at least one sticks out in the first half that they should've scored, but neither of their goals were particularly high quality. 

There wasn't an awful lot of science put into it if I'm being completely honest. I have said elsewhere 7-5 to Bournemouth if Rashica could cross

First half, they hit the bar from practically inside the goal, and Saydee hammered a massive chance wide from 6 yards that if on target was in. Gunns big save from the deflected shot, then their terrible first goal- 4.

Second half I believe Gunn made two incredible stops (it was down the other end so I'll have to check the replays in this case) and then their 2nd goal- 7 

For me, a lot of their chances were 'how has that not gone in' where ours were more 'almost a real opportunity there'

• Like 1

I enjoyed the game last night. Gunny was definitely MOM making some wonderful saves. My favourite was the one immediately before Idah scored. He was the difference between 2-1 and 1-2 at that point.

But I don't see how a keeper making saves can become we were lucky not to be hammered. Similarly I would say the same if the striker scored three goals from a teams only three chances.

We have two top keepers this season. We are not lucky to have them. We have them by design. Similarly we have four goalscoring strikers. These are things we should consider when we bleat about recruitment or say we are not progressing.

I was a bit disappointed in Rashica and Cantwell last night. I doubt either will start on Saturday and I wouldn't be disappointed if Rashica was gone by the end of the month.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I was a bit disappointed in Rashica and Cantwell last night. I doubt either will start on Saturday and I wouldn't be disappointed if Rashica was gone by the end of the month.

I thought Cantwell played pretty well. He was positive and looking to get on the ball and commit players. He also got bundled over for what looked like an absolute stonewall penalty, at least from where I was sitting.

1 hour ago, Mackrel829 said:

Just posted in the match thread that I don't understand these kind of comments. I thought Springett looked good.

Springett looked like what he was - a young inexperienced winger playing out of position. It's not a knock on him to say he's clearly not a full-back, but he really did have a tough time and was out of position defensively on many occasions. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kirku said:

He also got bundled over for what looked like an absolute stonewall penalty, at least from where I was sitting

Forgot about that, I thought it was a definite pen 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kirku said:

I thought Cantwell played pretty well. He was positive and looking to get on the ball and commit players. He also got bundled over for what looked like an absolute stonewall penalty, at least from where I was sitting.

Yes Todd played ok, I was just disappointed. Promises so much but delivers little. No goals or assists for a long time now. As always he's one of our own and has my full support. I'd love him to come good again but with such a large squad he needs to do it soon. He played the full 90 so I doubt he'll start on Saturday.

I thought it was a pen too...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Yes Todd played ok, I was just disappointed. Promises so much but delivers little. No goals or assists for a long time now. As always he's one of our own and has my full support. I'd love him to come good again but with such a large squad he needs to do it soon. He played the full 90 so I doubt he'll start on Saturday.

I thought it was a pen too...

He's behind Sinani on current form, and I don't think there's room for both of them in the current system, they don't have enough pace to both play, but at least he's looking much better than last season.

Edited by kirku
  • Like 2

IMHO it was a very spiteful performance from B'****. I know Scott Parker was humiliatedthe last time he bought a side here but Ramsey  and Springett were fouled the first time they had the ball, not just professional ones but genuine studs down the back of the calf. Sitting in the Jarrold close to the line it was plainly intentional.  It did seem to me that the  pattern continued across the pitch, the ref, in the spirit of allowing the game flow let much to go unchecked early on. Hugill's goal then shifted the balance, so bad challenges were limited, we were the dominant team so could play more freely.

I feel we won the game twice but threw it away with wasteful possession after the last subs. A shame for Angus because he had an outstanding game.

1 hour ago, Red_Spartan said:

IMHO it was a very spiteful performance from B'****. I know Scott Parker was humiliatedthe last time he bought a side here but Ramsey  and Springett were fouled the first time they had the ball, not just professional ones but genuine studs down the back of the calf. Sitting in the Jarrold close to the line it was plainly intentional.  It did seem to me that the  pattern continued across the pitch, the ref, in the spirit of allowing the game flow let much to go unchecked early on. Hugill's goal then shifted the balance, so bad challenges were limited, we were the dominant team so could play more freely.

I feel we won the game twice but threw it away with wasteful possession after the last subs. A shame for Angus because he had an outstanding game.

No. 22 Ben Pearson was up to his usual antics, regular fouls but he wasn’t the only one

19 minutes ago, Red_Spartan said:

Agreed re Pearson; he also asked the ref for the  Gibbs Yellow & the ref obliged him!

Yeah, I’m not sure that was even a bookable tackle, and I don’t think he had given him a previous warning to then make it bookable either.