cambridgeshire canary

All the talks of bringing in a fullback on loan..

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Pink un seems to think Bjørkan is on his way. Interesting to say the least, although I still thinking loaning out Mumba was a big mistake.

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/canaries-ncfc-transfer-fredrik-bjorkan-hertha-berlin-loan-9226450

The difference being that Bjorkan is a big, strong left back and Mumba is a small, speedy wing back.

Dean Smith, I thought, needs a left back not a wing back.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Pink un seems to think Bjørkan is on his way. Interesting to say the least, although I still thinking loaning out Mumba was a big mistake.

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/canaries-ncfc-transfer-fredrik-bjorkan-hertha-berlin-loan-9226450

Why would you limit the development of a young full-back and not let him go out on loan to play regularly if you have 3 players ahead of him, more experienced, capable of playing LB? What other club in the world has 4 viable first-team left backs keeping happy throughout a season?

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

When Mumba was loaned out, we had Giannoulis, and McCallum fully fit with Sorensen a capable third choice if required. I would say loaning an inconsistent mumba out at that point was bang on the right decision.

Hindsight is 20/20 vision as they say.

• Like 5

Mumba had to be loaned out. It only looks a mistake in hindsight when looking at a litany of injuries. Who the heck expected THREE left-backs to be out for prolonged periods?

• Like 2

Mumba couldn't get a Championship loan. Yeah massive mistake loaning him out when we probably had 4 ahead of him in the pecking order here.

Edited by KeiranShikari

Heck, Lungi won the Championship bailing out at left-back before Giannoulis came in. And he'd never played there in his life until that day at Brentford.

And he was the third if not indeed fourth choice this time around, depending on where you see Byram.

Just now, Olano said:

Yes , yes yes and yes.

Bjørkan is one of my favorit players

Tell us more. Why are you so keen? I know nothing about him!

He is working like crazy for 90 min.

He is fast, good link up play, he scores.

He is ok om the head.

Not the best defender, but prity good. 

He is son of the assistent manager in Bodø/Glimt. And if Knutsen one day is to leave Glimt, then its for a club he and his people truly trust

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Olano said:

He is ok om the head.

He is son of the assistent manager in Bodø/Glimt. And if Knutsen one day is to leave Glimt, then its for a club he and his people truly trust

Sounds good but what has Knutsen got to do with this? I know he used to play for Bodø/Glimt but think I might have missed the relevance to knutsen maybe. 

11 minutes ago, Olano said:

He is ok om the head.

"not the best defender" so he will fit in well then

4 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Sounds good but what has Knutsen got to do with this? I know he used to play for Bodø/Glimt but think I might have missed the relevance to knutsen maybe. 

On a serius note he is a superb signing for this leage.  He is a smart, string and good players. He is no Mathias Nordman

I'm draming aboute Knutsen for 2026. 😂😂 (So onely a bonus if Knutsen geth to learn aboute Norwich)

2 minutes ago, Olano said:

On a serius note he is a superb signing for this leage.  He is a smart, string and good players. He is no Mathias Nordman

I'm draming aboute Knutsen for 2026. 😂😂 (So onely a bonus if Knutsen geth to learn aboute Norwich)

Ahhh I see. Thanks for the insight. Let’s hope he can hit the ground running and do well for us. (If indeed there is even any truth in the report)

• Like 1

"Bjorkan's dad is the current sporting director of Bodo Glimt and Norwich recently sent a delegation of club officials, including assistant sporting director Neil Adams, to Norway on a study trip". 

Sounding out our next manager already. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I heard that Hardly awake is signing soon  with completely asleep Mclean has part exchange

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, baldy09 said:

I heard that Hardly awake is signing soon  with completely asleep Mclean has part exchange

presume you dont actually watch our games. mclean has not put a foot wrong playing out of position the last 2 games

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, South Sider said:

presume you dont actually watch our games. mclean has not put a foot wrong playing out of position the last 2 games

That's not even slightly true. Even the man himself would disagree with you given how profusely he apologised to his team mates in the second half v Millwall when he needlessly went to ground and nearly caused us to concede. And that was in his better game of the two.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, South Sider said:

Really are living in a stange timeline in which McLean ends up being one of our best leftbacks

2 hours ago, South Sider said:

Oh dear...

7 hours ago, Norfolk Dan said:

Anyone know how many spaces in the squad...? 

I make it 3. 22 'senior' players, I think. And that currently includes the likes of Rashica and Hugill, who may or may not be off. Haven't included Soto, who clearly isn't involved. Plenty around the first team picture who are still u21, including Idah and Barden who just evade going in the senior '25' list for another season. Barden by only 2 days. Well done Webber & co, by the way, for so many great youngsters 

image.png

Edited by makham
Yes, 22. copied from Sheffieldcanary on transfer thread. Although Mccallum and Soto are considered over 21 now, but barden isn't based on birth dates.

2 hours ago, Number9 said:

Oh dear...

Strange comment when he has, in fact, done a more than decent job.

He wandered overmuch in the first game, but without great harm. In the second, I thought that his movement with the ball and his passing were both the best we have seen from the player for some time. He seemed to revel in the extra space afforded, and he actually seemed more commanding and prominent than he has done in the middle of the park of late, or for some time, according to some. Also, the responsibility suited him and I noticed that he showed some authority when defending set pieces.

Whether he'll compete more effectively when faced with a tricky wide man, or indeed  better attacking players, is anybody's guess, but at this moment in time he is proving to be surprisingly adequate as an elder statesman playing an influential role.

The other bonus is that it keeps him from being perpetually selected for the midfield, where I genuinely believe that we now have a selection of more useful performers lined up, not least young Gibbs but also two newcomers who have hardly figured. Perhaps McLean's much vaunted work rate that appeals to consecutive managers is no longer as vital to the cause.

We still need a temporary back-up, though.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Strange comment when he has, in fact, done a more than decent job.

He wandered overmuch in the first game, but without great harm. In the second, I thought that his movement with the ball and his passing were both the best we have seen from the player for some time. He seemed to revel in the extra space afforded, and he actually seemed more commanding and prominent than he has done in the middle of the park of late, or for some time, according to some. Also, the responsibility suited him and I noticed that he showed some authority when defending set pieces.

Whether he'll compete more effectively when faced with a tricky wide man, or indeed  better attacking players, is anybody's guess, but at this moment in time he is proving to be surprisingly adequate as an elder statesman playing an influential role.

The other bonus is that it keeps him from being perpetually selected for the midfield, where I genuinely believe that we now have a selection of more useful performers lined up, not least young Gibbs but also two newcomers who have hardly figured. Perhaps McLean's much vaunted work rate that appeals to consecutive managers is no longer as vital to the cause.

We still need a temporary back-up, though.

If that's 'your truth' then I'm pleased for you, I just watched the games said what I saw.

The bloke should be made to buy a ticket like the other spectators. 

11 minutes ago, Number9 said:

If that's 'your truth' then I'm pleased for you, I just watched the games said what I saw.

The bloke should be made to buy a ticket like the other spectators. 

"My truth?" You're not lucky enough to live in Santa Barbara are you?

If we had a spectator at full-back, how come the team let in just one goal in 180 minutes of football?

Edited by BroadstairsR

16 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

although I still thinking loaning out Mumba was a big mistake.

I think Mumba's future is seen as being a wide midfielder, which is why we've loaned him out to a team which is playing him left midfield (all 5 games this season as left midfielder).

I mean, obviously would have been handy having him around as a utility player, but he's at the age where he really needs to nail down one position and excel at it, else forever being an average Championship jack of all trades.

If he comes back in a year as a an immense left winger then we might not look back and consider this loan a mistake at all.

Also, bet this Norwegian is decent, so all is well.

4 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

"My truth?" You're not lucky enough to live in Santa Barbara are you?

If we had a spectator at full-back, how come the team let in just one goal in 180 minutes of football?

As I said my comments about McLean were based on watching the games.