TeemuVanBasten

Anybody else quite like to see Ipswich in the Champs?

Many of my top Norwich City memories are Derby days, mainly because we've stuffed them so frequently.

And the league table doesn't seem to quite do the trick of making it register just how superior we are. 

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing them come up to be stuffed by the likes of Luton and Millwall, and in our bi-annual Championship seasons our Derby games can be cult status sealers for our far superior footballers.

Who wouldn't want to see a Josh Sargent score a brace, and Nunez to "score the other one", their keepers humiliated, and a 97th minute Grant Hanley winner?

Another year in League One isn't going to leave them any more humiliated than they already are, deep down, as much as they'd deny it. 

Let them have a few years in the lower reaches of the Championship, the poor souls. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

I can already see that my opinion is rather niche.

I hope we get them in the FA Cup then so our B Team can stuff them 🤣

He scored a goal against the scum, Hugill, Hugill...

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

I don’t want them to get promoted but I do look forward to playing them and do like the prospect of a couple of league games against them in a season.

If they continue to rot in the league below then eventually the rivalry will lose some of its edge (I’m talking in decades here mind). The reason that makes it so great is that we’ve historically been at a similar level in terms of league position, with plenty of leap frogging from both sides, take that away and the youngest generation of fans won’t have any direct association with it.

But to be honest I don’t get off on their suffering as much as a lot of people do on here. Out of sight out of mind for me when they’re playing at a lower level, save for the odd chuckle, and to be honest I think that kind of apathy towards their efforts probably hurts them the most. They have been an irrelevance to me for some time now.

3 approaches to this rivalry:

1. An old fashioned geographic view, want both teams to succeed in east Anglia 

2. the partisan bor loves playing them and winning, enjoys the local Derby 

3. Fear and loathing, malevolence 

I’m in camp 3, but wish I was 2

11 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I can already see that my opinion is rather niche.

I hope we get them in the FA Cup then so our B Team can stuff them 🤣

He scored a goal against the scum, Hugill, Hugill...

Sadly we would, as you say , play a reserve team , which come January would be a team of strangers thrown together whilst they would play their first team as it would be their cup final and probably win

We'd never hear the last of it.

Having said that , theyve got to get through 2 rounds of the cup first before they'll get any chance!

Championship? Is that all?

The way a lot of them talk themselves up, they'll miss the Chumps out all together and go straight into the Premier League.

"McKenna is the best young coach in the country, and probably Europe," remember?

The Oxometer always has very high readings when the Binners talk about ITFC.

More bullsh-te there than in all the fields around the entirety of Colney.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

Are we scared of playing them again! We really shouldn’t be. 

I'd like them in the FA Cup for a change. Put them firmly back in their place.

• Like 1

If we played them now we'd murder them so in some ways it would be good to bash them twice again. However, no, I don't want them to go up and would rather they stayed down there for a decade or more.

• Like 1

I would like to see them promoted.  It gives us two games which matter a little more when we are in the Championship.

• Confused 1

I’m starting to feel slightly sorry for them, like that coworker you’ve always hated then find out something terrible has happened to them. Derby’s are cool but at this point we only really have something to lose by playing them as eventually they’ll get lucky. 

I don’t really want even a hint of them ever considering themselves better than us, so on balance I hope they rot there forever and we never join them.

• Like 1