Michael Starr

Everton make Pukki enquiry

8 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

5 million for an a player who is out of contract in the summer and is in the twilight of his career is fair to me. I think he’ll leave in the summer whatever happens. My main point is that Pukki owes us nothing and if a big money offer comes in minimum 5 million we should refer to the decision to Pukki as the guy has earned the right to choose.

Yup I have similar sentiments. 
It sucks when a fan fav is moved out for a shiny new toy, i still remember Steve Morrison (I never saw the appeal myself) taking Holtys spot and being pretty annoyed.

Just now, Nexus_Canary said:

It sucks when a fan fav is moved out for a shiny new toy, i still remember Steve Morrison (I never saw the appeal myself) taking Holtys spot and being pretty annoyed.

Josh Sargeants the shiny new toy because he’s scored a couple of goals 🙄 

• Like 1

I am not surprised that a team in the PL would not want Pukki

his goal scoring record with us in the PL without much service is fantastic 

his contract is up end of season like others have said we get a good fee and Webber might have  another Ace younger striker in his sights  

We don't need or want to sell. It would need to be silly money, enough for us to sign two or three quality improvements to the rest of the squad. Including a replacement striker.

Simply can't see it happening.

Teemu Pukkis record on the premier league may not be great, average at best.

but I’ll tell you who has an even worse record

his name rhymes with “Dargent”

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Josh Sargeants the shiny new toy because he’s scored a couple of goals 🙄 

(Its Sargent mate not Sargeant 🙂)

Its more about the fact that the team is not playing to Pukki's strengths.
Pukki has obviously lost his pace and you know any training session against Norwich starts with "This is Temmu Pukki....." 

As pointed out by other posters he has less than a year on his contact and there were rumbles he wanted out in the Summer.

Is Sargent  the answer... no not after 3 goals in 2 games. But if Smith puts Pukki ahead of Sargent or plays Josh on the right to accommodate Pukki in our next league game then hes an idiot.

As said earlier, hes paid his debts to the club it should be up to Temmu if a bid comes in.

2 minutes ago, HertsCanary93 said:

We don't need or want to sell. It would need to be silly money, enough for us to sign two or three quality improvements to the rest of the squad. Including a replacement striker.

Simply can't see it happening.

But take a decent offer now or see the parting of the ways in the summer and have to find the money to replace him from elsewhere?

One way or the other, this is his last season with us. It'd be a different sort of decision to make if he was in the first year of a three year deal. But, if the rumours are true, do we accept whatever we could get now or bid him a fond farewell for nothing in May?

Pukki has been great for us but is getting older and is unlikely to stop much longer, we have to face up to that fact at some point (and not forget that he’s not been fully at the races so far this season, with just the one tap in in preseason as well).

If there is a bid we need to weigh up any cash vs who we can get in.  Getting rid now could be a genius move or a mental one, we’d only know for sure with hindsight but it’d be a bold move to take as the majority would suggest it was ‘mental’ until proven otherwise.

As for this ‘we owe it to him to let him go’ argument, that’s complete baloney. He’s not been playing for charity, is very well paid and has got plenty out of being with NCFC. The only choice to make is a business one.

Edited by Branston Pickle

8 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Teemu Pukkis record on the premier league may not be great, average at best.

but I’ll tell you who has an even worse record

his name rhymes with “Dargent”

Last time in the Prem Pukki scored more goals than Aubameyang, Richarlison, Bruno Fernandes, Antonio, Jesus and Lukaku all of whom cost infinitly more

• Like 1

I’d rather let him walk for free next summer than go for £5mil now! I hope Webber agrees.

Of course we should absolutely not stay in his way, but he’s got to understand his contribution to the team is invaluable, and the fee should reflect that even at 32 with a year left. £10 million.

2 good games from Sargent is a tiny speck of dust compared to Pukki’s efforts over the last 4 seasons.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

One thing I would say is IF we did sell (and I hope we don’t) a decent permanent replacement would need to be in the building within 24 hours. Not some loan that we can’t make permanent.

On Norwich's poor past record on that front I wouldn't hold your breath Jim

20 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Last time in the Prem Pukki scored more goals than Aubameyang, Richarlison, Bruno Fernandes, Antonio, Jesus and Lukaku all of whom cost infinitly more

And they played in much better sides too. Considering the seasons we had in the top flight his goal return was pretty exceptional. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

On Norwich's poor past record on that front I wouldn't hold your breath Jim

It's also a pretty stupid requirement anyway. We may be able to loan a much better player than we could buy. If we were then promoted our potential market for strikers opens up 10 fold. 

Blimey. We win a couple of games, Sargent scores a few goals and suddenly we don't need Pukki anymore? 

Silly money aside, this is something we should not be contemplating. 

Players like Pukki are very rare - twice a 25+ goals a season striker at this level and scored 10+ twice in the prem when part of two awful sides. 🐐

Be happy with our current form, praise young Josh to the sun and back, but let's not lose our heads here. No Pukki, no promotion party.

OTBC

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Blimey. We win a couple of games, Sargent scores a few goals and suddenly we don't need Pukki anymore? 

Silly money aside, this is something we should not be contemplating. 

Players like Pukki are very rare - twice a 25+ goals a season striker at this level and scored 10+ twice in the prem when part of two awful sides. 🐐

Be happy with our current form, praise young Josh to the sun and back, but let's not lose our heads here. No Pukki, no promotion party.

OTBC

It’s embarrassing isn’t it 

selling out on a player like Pukki because some other guy scored a few goals. Shameful 

Selling  - I would consider it - clearly he lost his mojo at city- Good cash and a player  could be good business 

4 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

We shouldn’t sell but if there is cash on the table the club will sell as that’s what we do so that Delia and Michael can keep the club. 

😴

I'd prefer to keep him if he is fully committed to staying - perhaps we could offer a one year contract extension to "test the water" (or perhaps it already has been.) Rumours like these often emerge from the agent and whilst Pukki is a great professional, I'm sure that he, like Aarons, is hoping that someone comes in for him.

If he goes, it's better to get something for him towards a replacement. He's 32 and out-of-contract at the end of the season - it's a matter of when not if he leaves.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

selling out on a player like Pukki because some other guy scored a few goals. Shameful 

At no point has anyone "sold out Pukki" or said that Sergant is going to score 100 this season. 
What you have had is a few people commenting, perhaps its Pukkis time and it comes for everyone unfortunately. 

Point made by posters.

Buh totally misses it and goes along with his own agenda.

Makes another point based around his opinion and then wonders why people think hes a melon.

Mate, just make a forum with you on it so you can agree with yourself all day.

Edited by Nexus_Canary
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

At no point has anyone "sold out Pukki" or said that Sergant is going to score 100 this season. 
What you have had is a few people commenting, perhaps its Pukkis time and it comes for everyone unfortunately. 

Point made by posters.

Buh totally misses it and goes along with his own agenda.

Makes another point based around his opinion and then wonders why people think hes a melon.

Mate, just make a forum with you on it so you can agree with yourself all day.

You sound pretty guilty to me

i wonder if Pukki will be out for the next game with a back injury with all the knives going in it?

2 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Dates don't quite add up there, think you may have crossed wires. Holt was replaced by Hooper and Van Wolfsinkel. 

Morisons full season of football here came in the same year that Holt was England's 2nd highest scorer and should have had an England call up.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

The financial reward for gaining promotion to the Premier League is far greater than any fee Everton would offer.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Dates don't quite add up there, think you may have crossed wires. Holt was replaced by Hooper and Van Wolfsinkel. 

Morisons full season of football here came in the same year that Holt was England's 2nd highest scorer and should have had an England call up.

Hmmm maybe.
I am sure that Holt sat on the bench a few times while Morro teapotted about. Your right he was ultimately swapped out by Hooper and RvW but there were a few times when Morro got the nod over Holty. I mean could have been injuries? But yeh.
Principle was correct 🙂

Just now, Nexus_Canary said:

Hmmm maybe.
I am sure that Holt sat on the bench a few times while Morro teapotted about. Your right he was ultimately swapped out by Hooper and RvW but there were a few times when Morro got the nod over Holty. I mean could have been injuries? But yeh.
Principle was correct 🙂

I think that was Lambert playing the "come on sort yourself out fatty" game, he still knew Holt was his main man, just wanted to send a message. That was early in the season, and it worked!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Michael Starr said:

Everton have supposedly made an enquiry over the availability of Pukki, which would make sense for them as they're creating tonnes of chances but just not putting them away. They're also skint, unless they sell Gordon of course, which they might, and if they do, I guess they'll go higher profile on the striker search. Worth keeping an eye on that one.

Well I've trawled through the Grand Old Team forum and can find nothing to substantiate this. Doesn't mean its not got some legs though. Virtually every striker is mentioned as a 'link' with the exception of one Teemu Pukki. Doubt there is anything in it personally. 

3 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

No. It’s called business. Honestly, get real.

• Like 1