Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Are that lot down the road really any good?

Quite frankly this is a Norwich City forum, I have no interest in what Ipswich or any club for that matter does 

good luck to them but let’s concentrate on our own club shall we? 

• Like 3

I have no problem with them returning to the Championship, being able to beat them twice will be a silver lining when we get relegated from the Premier League, and Derby days braces and hat-tricks are legend makers.

• Like 1

League 1 is really poor this season. If they don’t go up then they never will. Their fans are raving about the performances but in reality the competition so far has been sub standard. Be interesting to see how they fair against the better teams and how they bounce back from a defeat or two.

Pompey, Wednesday, Derby, Bolton, Charlton will be eyeing up the automatics plus Posh and Cambridge have two 'derby' games against them. Early days still. 

I think they'll be up there this season. 

My dream scenario is they finish 3rd,  missing automatic on GD and then lose on penalties at Wembley 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, NCFChapman said:

I think they'll be up there this season. 

My dream scenario is they finish 3rd,  missing automatic on GD and then lose on penalties at Wembley 😂

My dream scenario is they lose their last 41 games and get relegated. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 5

It’s a rubbish division and they’ve sorted themselves out and hoovered up some of the better lower league players. I think they will come up this season unfortunately but it doesn’t mean they are any good. We would beat them comfortably. 

• Sad 1

They also don’t seem to play anyone challenging til mid September so expect their run to continue for a while yet. 

As others have said, the only decent team they’ve played so far is Bolton, the other four teams are currently in the bottom seven. It’s not like they’re running away with it, let’s see where they are in October 

24 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

As others have said, the only decent team they’ve played so far is Bolton, the other four teams are currently in the bottom seven. It’s not like they’re running away with it, let’s see where they are in October 

And in past recent seasons their issue has very much been competing with the better teams in the division. Didn’t they only have one win either home or away against ‘top 10’ teams a couple of seasons ago? That will be the true test, but this year they have the momentum that an easy start has given them.

Edited by Beetley Yellow

they are doing ok but the only strong team they have played was a Draw

so will be interesting to see how they get on

the fans seem to think they are the Richest club outside the premier league so its expected in there minds

3 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

It's all relative isn't it?  League 1 good,  is still Championship crap 🤷

Just like us, championship good, PL crap 🤣

Being the best in the third tier tends to make you about the 24th best team in the championship such is the gap

46 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Except we do get promoted to the PL. They are stagnating in the third division. 

Even 'stagnation' tends to end sometime. Sunderland were promoted in their fourth season in  League One. 

For league 1 yes, although I think they may still be missing a main regular CF.

Think they are nailed on top 6 but there are 4 or 5 teams that can compete for top 2 so hopefully they fail in play offs which would be more enjoyable than another limp mid table finish 

59 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Why are folk on here even discussing them over the border?.....Are they rattling their cages?.....

Beacause sadly there are some on here who seem to jerk off to the idea of Ipswich going up. Strrange, I know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yellowrider120 said:

Even 'stagnation' tends to end sometime. Sunderland were promoted in their fourth season in  League One. 

There were a few prize plums on here had them storming the playoffs last season. They were never even close. Now the closet doors are rattling again. Come out, come out, wherever you are....

Screenshot_2022-08-21-12-06-28-40_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg.c843e65971fe2ebfb611fab78ab50668.jpg

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Beacause sadly there are some on here who seem to jerk off to the idea of Ipswich going up. Strrange, I know.

Some on here seem to get excited by the idea that it's good to play them, local derby and all that jazz, so maybe they think that's more likely if they get promotion ?