SwearyCanary

This one is for Buh

I said I’d get off the fence based on these games. 2 wins. 2 decent performances and a bit of a clearer identity emerging. Still a work in progress for sure but I am officially backing Smith. He has instigated a turnaround well enough that I think it’s better to back him this season wholeheartedly. 

He isn’t DF, but he is what we have got and he has got players playing that were struggling and brought in at least one belter in Nunez. That’s good enough for me for the season

• Like 4

As someone who has been criticising Smith's appointment and was calling for his head after Wigan,  the one thing I can say I was wrong about is the commitment to him from the players,  I'll be honest I wasn't convinced. You're only as good as your last game so on that count he deserves backing to see what he can get long term out of the squad. Don't get me wrong if he left tomorrow I wouldn't shed a tear,  but I'm not so vehement about as 6 days ago. 

Just thought I'd post this for the Cambridge's of the world who accuse people of going hiding,  yes I might be quite verciferous in my opinions at times,  but I'll never go hiding or ever be afraid to change an opinion (that is allowed you know 😝

• Like 4

Just now, Robert N. LiM said:

Buh's been made to look a right mug this week.

Dean Smith will be drinking out of him next match 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Yeh, of tea

I've always supported him because I like what he's been trying to do, we still play good football but are much better off the ball than we were with DF and get the ball forward much quicker which will give us a better chance of staying up if we go up again. He had nothing to work with last year and any points he got were a bonus, we were by far the worst team in the league last year and we have been unlucky at the start of the season with individual mistakes and (idc what he or the players say) a bit of a relegation hangover which affected our confidence. 

He's always been a good manager, he was just dealt a shockingly bad hand at the start of his tenure. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I've always supported him because I like what he's been trying to do, we still play good football but are much better off the ball than we were with DF and get the ball forward much quicker which will give us a better chance of staying up if we go up again. 

This is what I've been hoping. Not sure I'm quite convinced yet, but good to have some positive signs

It was pretty obvious Buh was going go look as stupid as he was coming across and said so at the time.

11 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I'll never go hiding or ever be afraid to change an opinion (that is allowed you know 😝

Hear hear 👏🏾👏🏾 OTBC 🔰

• Like 1

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

Buh is the biggest **** Chops on here. There’s stiff competition but he wins hands down. 

He makes me proper chuckle at times tbf. 

I'll happily admit that I was calling for deanos head last week, I'm not saying I've totally 180'd but he's on his way to convincing me, if we can keep this form up, I'll happily eat humble pie. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

He makes me proper chuckle at times tbf. 

Fair play, laughter should mainly be what it’s all about. When I mentioned competition I obviously included myself. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I've always supported him because I like what he's been trying to do, we still play good football but are much better off the ball than we were with DF and get the ball forward much quicker which will give us a better chance of staying up if we go up again. He had nothing to work with last year and any points he got were a bonus, we were by far the worst team in the league last year and we have been unlucky at the start of the season with individual mistakes and (idc what he or the players say) a bit of a relegation hangover which affected our confidence. 

He's always been a good manager, he was just dealt a shockingly bad hand at the start of his tenure. 

I simply can't agree with this. We've still got some challenges off the ball, particularly in defensive transitions, which Farke's double pivot had almost totally resolved (at Championship level at least). And Farke's attacking transitions were far more incisive than much of what we've seen under Smith. 

At least Smith has finally shown willingness to change the starting 11. The longer he persevered with Rashica, the more inept he looked. And shockingly playing Sargent in his actual position has reaped dividends too.

Smith was dealt the same hand that Farke was. I'm still firmly in the 'sacking Farke was a mistake' camp; but Smith finally has a little bit of credit to play with. It's a start but nothing more. We absolutely should be beating Huddersfield and Millwall at home. Let's see how we're doing after 10 games. Hopefully we've turned a corner. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Buh is the biggest **** Chops on here. There’s stiff competition but he wins hands down. 

He could be the Mr Chode of the forum 🤣🤪🤣🤪

8 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

I thought I saw him lurking in non-football last night...

• Haha 2

Pff

Dean Smith out

hes not right for the club. You think a win against Milwall changes that?

happy we’ve won, cheered the Goals (I knows that one will annoy some of you 😂😂) but I don’t support Dean Smith.

Do you think the new American director will accept mid-table and “Deano” running the football side of things?

3 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Pff

Dean Smith out

hes not right for the club. You think a win against Milwall changes that?

happy we’ve won, cheered the Goals (I knows that one will annoy some of you 😂😂) but I don’t support Dean Smith.

Do you think the new American director will accept mid-table and “Deano” running the football side of things?

We will have to wait and see for that and do respect your staunch stance as you cannot be accused of being inconsistent about Deano. But progress is there and I enjoyed the game last night a lot, that is what I’m there for and the character of the manager doesn’t impact that for me. His tactics overcame what could’ve been a very hard watch against 5 at the back and 2 defensive midfielders and made it entertaining fayre. 

Smith in 

He’s doing no more than what he should, with this squad in this division. He’ll have done well if he gets us up and keeps us up. 

This obsession with me though 🙄 

I didn’t post yesterday because I was AT THE GAME you know, the football match. With Norwich and Milwall. In Norwich, at Carrow road lol

I know your lot we’re tippy tapping away on here demanding my presence but I was at the pub, then I went to the game lol. 😂😂

Was very impressed with Sargeant at number 9. Dean Smith out.

Don’t you just love a fickle fan!   Those whose opinions change game by game… the highs and lows of supporting… one week hysteria, the next euphoria!  

It’s the start of a season when results and performances are regularly unpredictable yet in our case the last 5 games have followed a similar pretty dominant pattern but it takes just 2 home wins for Smith to go from villan to hero!    Love it! 😄

Two away defeats and some on here will be very compromised!   

He’s doing a reasonable job with a group relatively low on confidence plus him and Shakey seem pretty stable blokes and there’s never been evidence that someone else could improve us.   

• Like 1

I wasn't in either the Smith in or out camp, but always felt we should be fair and give him a time to stamp his authority on this squad. I always felt it unfair the calls for him to go after a few games. Too short sighted for several fans on hear, but they're welcome to their opinions

We all feel better after two wins, and two good performances. Credit to Smith for seeing something in Gibbs and giving him a chance, same goes for Sinani who's looking like a new signing

Still a long way to go, but pleased the squad do now appear to be playing for him.

And I have to eat humble pie over the Sarge.  What a revelation last two games, and clearly he loves playing in his favoured position. Has really improved from real effort, never in question, to finished product, and you have to give him real credit for that. Long may it continue!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

I didn’t post yesterday because I was AT THE GAME you know, the football match. With Norwich and Milwall. In Norwich, at Carrow road lol

You do realise it was an evening match. 

And mobile devices are erm..... Mobile?  

12 hours ago, SwearyCanary said:

I said I’d get off the fence based on these games. 2 wins. 2 decent performances and a bit of a clearer identity emerging. Still a work in progress for sure but I am officially backing Smith. He has instigated a turnaround well enough that I think it’s better to back him this season wholeheartedly. 

He isn’t DF, but he is what we have got and he has got players playing that were struggling and brought in at least one belter in Nunez. That’s good enough for me for the season

Pukki being injured has instigated a turnaround not Dean Smith.

Home wins against Huddersfield and Millwall are nothing to get too excited about. For sure, they're a big improvement on the first 3 games and a clean sheet is very welcome, but at the end of the day they are par results at best. Huddersfield, scraping home by a single goal against a team with 10 men for a large chunk of the game is arguably a bogey.

I'll eat my humble pie when he starts winning away, beating teams expected to be challenging for promotion or turning expected home wins into drubbings.

Right now, in terms of the points curve, he's below where a squad like ours, that has a couple of near 10 million pound players unable to make the team and a 50k a week 25 goal a season striker struggling for a starting spot, should be.

Edited by canarydan23

3 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

he's below where a squad like ours, that has a couple of near 10 million pound players unable to make the team, should be.

But this is surely a red herring. In the current footballing climate near £10 mill players aren’t all that expensive. Though I would agree Smith should be getting a tune out of the calibre of players at his disposal he’s also had to deal with a Premier League hangover and a squad shorn of confidence and identity. Let’s see where we’re at in a few more games.

Just now, Danke bitte said:

But this is surely a red herring. In the current footballing climate near £10 mill players aren’t all that expensive. Though I would agree Smith should be getting a tune out of the calibre of players at his disposal he’s also had to deal with a Premier League hangover and a squad shorn of confidence and identity. Let’s see where we’re at in a few more games.

Try telling the majority of Championship clubs and their fans that £10 mil players aren't that expensive.

We're a Man City or Liverpool in this league.