TeemuVanBasten

Gibbs looks a right player

Reminds me of Mark Noble, and I mean... we could have done with Mark Noble for the 15 years that West Ham had him couldn't we. 

He's one of those players that you can just tell as soon as they break into the first team that they'll end up a captain, like a young Scott Parker. 

Finally one of Webbers under 23 signings has come good! Makes all the duds like Bushiri, Phillips, Power seem worth it!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Reminds me of Mark Noble, and I mean... we could have done with Mark Noble for the 15 years that West Ham had him couldn't we. 

He's one of those players that you can just tell as soon as they break into the first team that they'll end up a captain, like a young Scott Parker. 

Finally one of Webbers under 23 signings has come good! Makes all the duds like Bushiri, Phillips, Power seem worth it!

The fact he came from Ipswich makes it worth it. The Webber part is just wonderful window dressing.

17 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Agreed so neat and tidy, I hope Smith manages him well. Looks real deal to me.

All jokes aside. It must be really hard for his dad. I read the interview where he said his dad was a massive Ipswich fan but he and his 2 brothers aren’t. 

So unless he’s just covering that he was/is an ipswich fan, it begs the question: how did his old man manage to screw up so badly that all three of his sons chose not to support his team? 

Power, scored the best goal I ever seen from a City player, away at Qp ha ha 

Just now, Coneys Knee said:

All jokes aside. It must be really hard for his dad. I read the interview where he said his dad was a massive Ipswich fan but he and his 2 brothers aren’t. 

So unless he’s just covering that he was/is an ipswich fan, it begs the question: how did his old man manage to screw up so badly that all three of his sons chose not to support his team? 

My younger brother was an Ipswich fan, an Arsenal fan and also changed his national allegiance to Northern Ireland for a while when he was younger. Since returned to the Norwich + England double tap.

Generational fans aren't as guaranteed as they used to be. Despite only a few years between us I am only and will ever be Norwich (and international football can suck it, tbh)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Easy answer, he supported Ipswich...

8 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, with a massive smile, the binners must be spewing!! 🤣

My binner mate reckons he left because he was stunting the progression of even better players,  he couldn't name said players mind 🤣🤣

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, corbs said:

Power, scored the best goal I ever seen from a City player, away at Qp ha ha 

I think @TeemuVanBasten was referring to Simon Power, not Lee Power 🤣

4 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

My binner mate reckons he left because he was stunting the progression of even better players,  he couldn't name said players mind 🤣🤣

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Breath...... 

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahaahahahahahaahahahaa

• Haha 2

I was dubious, hes the player that Wee Billy Gilmour was supposed to be last year.
He plays with the cool of someone whos 29 rather than 19. Ridiculous player.

Apologies to the poster i laughed at for saying something along the lines of "This is his chance for first team"

That crooked lad on loan from Newcastle has to be quite something to shift him at this rate to be fair.

1 minute ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Breath...... 

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahaahahahahahaahahahaa

Pretty much my response to him 😂

When young players excel as he has done, and compete as he has done physically too, they're normally pretty successful. 

He isn't quite a Skipp but has Skipp elements. I think his passing is generally better than Skipps but his natural reading of the game isn't as good....yet.

A young player Dean Smith has got playing very well, just saying.

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Yes. Agree. I've watched him twice now just gesticulate to his team mates even when a goal has been scored. He was thinking obviously about the next phase in play. Like a Keane player, very focussed, serious. Quite a trait from such a young lad. Dean Smith even alluded to his maturity this week. Fair play to him for playing him. He isn't Olly Skipp yet but he has shades of him. That's some praise.

35 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

I seem to remember that there's a song about what happens when your old man says 'Be an Ipswich fan'.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I think that is what the kids call copium.

51 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Who does Gibbs support then? 

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

That's weird - I drew exactly the same Noble  parallel about him to a mate earlier.  Has that tidiness in possession with the odd quarterback level long pass and generally seems to be in the right place without appearing to run around that much.

Deserves to keep his place IMO.  Although Kenny has done little wrong at LB aside from one suicidal charge out in the second half where he completely missed the ball and took himself out of the game.  Oh, and an apparent inability to take a throw in and find a teammate.  But aside from that linked well from an unfamiliar position.

1 hour ago, Coneys Knee said:

He had his kids during an era when being an Ipswich fan didn't contain any sign of ever being enjoyable?

1 hour ago, Ken Hairy said:

IMG_20220707_171939.jpg.1f2cb1eabfc513202b9de7233ae900af.jpg

• Haha 1

Nexus_Canary

• Members
  • 6,024 posts
  On 09/08/2022 at 19:16, kinggoblin said:

I think this is the night that Gibbs can cement a place in the team

Jesus wept what is it with you people....

New player from U23, once played a whole 45 min for Wroxham reserves on loan... fans get a whiff of him when watching a training session at the Costa Del Colney

"Look at that bor, putem in tha first team, bor can kicka ball"

1 hour ago, Nexus_Canary said:

I was dubious, hes the player that Wee Billy Gilmour was supposed to be last year.

Apologies to the poster i laughed at for saying something along the lines of "This is his chance for first team"

That crooked lad on loan from Newcastle has to be quite something to shift him at this rate to be fair.

Apology accepted my friend 😉

cambridgeshire canary reacted to this

2 hours ago, Coneys Knee said:

Yep. My nephew was born and raised in Rochdale. Essentially the outskirts of Manchester. So his dad and I made sure that his first ever game was at Carrow Road. He's a Norwich fan for life.

8 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

It's a long ol' season, especially with the winter break this year causing the fixtures to come in thick and fast. We've been burned by lack of depth before so the rise of Gibbs this season is an absolute blessing. It will be interesting to see what happens when they're all fit. Certainly right now he's made himself undroppable for me, with a couple of really top quality performances 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

Yep. My nephew was born and raised in Rochdale. Essentially the outskirts of Manchester. So his dad and I made sure that his first ever game was at Carrow Road. He's a Norwich fan for life.

Luke Matheson?

7 hours ago, kinggoblin said:

Nexus_Canary

•  
  • Members
  • 6,024 posts
  On 09/08/2022 at 19:16, kinggoblin said:

I think this is the night that Gibbs can cement a place in the team

Jesus wept what is it with you people....

New player from U23, once played a whole 45 min for Wroxham reserves on loan... fans get a whiff of him when watching a training session at the Costa Del Colney

"Look at that bor, putem in tha first team, bor can kicka ball"

Apology accepted my friend 😉

cambridgeshire canary reacted to this

Hahaha right on mate.

Happy to be wrong 🤣