Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

I see Millwall fans enjoyed the match

Years ago, I traveled to Millwall with a friend and have to admit, we were scared.  In a bad part of London and the fans were even worse.   Being Americans, they were curious about us and that lasted about five minutes.

I was in the middle of The Jarrold so pretty much impossible to see what was going on. That said there was a large contingent of very raucous home fans seemingly  close up to the away fans. Whilst the vocal support is to be welcomed (Home fans at Hull were very boisterous and close to us) lets not pretend that some Yellows were not spoiling for a confrontation bearing in mind the opposition!  Of course being Millwall, the away fans would be quick to oblige!

However, where was the regular partitioning of a section of empty seats and netting between the respect rive fans? Was it there? I don't know. Either it wasn't or was breached by fans as the pictures seem to show fans of opposing loyalties pretty much 'shoulder to shoulder'.

11 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Won family club of the year by the way 😂😂

In 2017 — 5 years ago.  

10 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

And some ‘folks’ on here talk like sections of our fanbase are terribly abusive 🤣 we all have our ****s but we have a hell of a lot less than 99% of other clubs. I don’t think I’ve read anything as aggressive or vile as those posts above on here ever.

Lakey the puritan was offended by the word “turd”. God help him if he managed to attend the game. 

• Haha 2

Do you know, after all the years of following City - and there have been quite a few - I have never felt like ripping out seats, or fighting with the away fans just because we are losing. And, my goodness I've seen quite a few defeats.

The Norwich supporters in the Jarrold next to the away end seems to be different last night, they even started some singing , ( sure that’s a first) there was at least one of them dragged away by the police, yes Millwall supporters are scum but the Norwich section didn’t cover themselves in glory either

Edited by city4eva

Just now, city4eva said:

The Norwich supporters in the Jarrold next to the away end seems to be different last night, they even started some singing , there was at least one of them dragged away by the police, yes Millwall supporters are scum but the Norwich section didn’t cover themselves in glory either

Dragged out by the police for singing? 

Was he that bad?  

• Haha 1

Just now, Greavsy said:

Was he that bad?  

May be, but he was  big middle age and fat 

3 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Was he that bad?  

1 minute ago, city4eva said:

Sounds like Elton a few weeks ago. Someone should have dragged him out to be honest . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, city4eva said:

Isn't that our demographic?  😛 😄 

13 minutes ago, First Wazzock said:

Do you know, after all the years of following City - and there have been quite a few - I have never felt like ripping out seats, or fighting with the away fans just because we are losing. And, my goodness I've seen quite a few defeats.

Hmmm Waz, I was at Portaloo when Megson scored the last minute OG. A few seats became Frisbies that afternoon when the ground staff came out to take the Michael out of us . 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

No sour grapes from this man. 

They could do a lot worse than sack Rowett and make this bloke their manager 😉

11 hours ago, Ian said:

I still don't see how it was close to being a foul. Ref let a lot of similar incidents go all game, Sarge is battling with 2 Millwall players, and clearly wins the ball before making any contact with his leg on the opponent.

He was just too strong and the ref got it spot on.

Exactly, in the context of that game, it was never a foul. He'd let Millwall get away with a dozen similar ones already. If he's giving fouls for the Sarge battle that led to the goal, we'd have already had a dozen free kicks and them a few bookings. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sooty57 said:

They could do a lot worse than sack Rowett and make this bloke their manager 😉

Agreed. Considering the abuse Millwall fans have had on here (not entirely undeserved), this guy proves they are not all as portrayed. A very fair assessment.    

14 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Exactly, in the context of that game, it was never a foul. He'd let Millwall get away with a dozen similar ones already. If he's giving fouls for the Sarge battle that led to the goal, we'd have already had a dozen free kicks and them a few bookings. 

Not even close to a foul. 

Just now, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Not even close to a foul. 

Agreed, I thought Sarg had been fouled (at least once) before the ‘trip’- he just wanted it more and fair play to the ref to view it as ‘six of one…’. Also fair play to the Milwall fan for the YT post, a good and fair summary IMO, he must be the one in their fan base with the brain cell.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, city4eva said:

The Norwich supporters in the Jarrold next to the away end seems to be different last night, they even started some singing , ( sure that’s a first) there was at least one of them dragged away by the police, yes Millwall supporters are scum but the Norwich section didn’t cover themselves in glory either

Totally agree with that. Several families left early due to the behaviour of so called fans. Some seemed a lot more interested in baiting the Millwall fans than watching the game 

3 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

I was in the middle of The Jarrold so pretty much impossible to see what was going on. That said there was a large contingent of very raucous home fans seemingly  close up to the away fans. Whilst the vocal support is to be welcomed (Home fans at Hull were very boisterous and close to us) lets not pretend that some Yellows were not spoiling for a confrontation bearing in mind the opposition!  Of course being Millwall, the away fans would be quick to oblige!

However, where was the regular partitioning of a section of empty seats and netting between the respect rive fans? Was it there? I don't know. Either it wasn't or was breached by fans as the pictures seem to show fans of opposing loyalties pretty much 'shoulder to shoulder'.

The fence was in place Dave and also a bank of empty seats on the Millwall side of it which was only breached when the 2nd goal was scored.

PS. It was returned to being the South Stand since Jarrolds withdrew their sponsorship a couple of seasons ago but you are not the only one call it The Jarrold on here since the game.

13 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Well we won't get many more comfortable home wins than that.

Millwall fans are insignificant compared to what they used to be. Daren't even wear colours.

The ones that don't wear colours are the ones you need to watch out for. Millwall in particular

26 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

The ones that don't wear colours are the ones you need to watch out for. Millwall in particular

Yeah I know. 

I wasn't at all surprised it all kicked off tbh. I said on here before the game that Millwall on a Friday night could get messy.

Interesting comments about goading City fans in the South Stand. That could be an interesting dynamic this season as with the smaller number of away fans there will be more casual ticket City fans right up against the away fans.

It was a great night out for Millwall fans though as I suspect they usually see plenty of empty seats between them and home fans!

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

No sour grapes from this man. 

"It said Norwich had 12 shots in the first half but I didn't see that happen"

What an utter lettuce. The stats are there for a reason mate! 

18 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

To be fair I don't there were 12 clear cut chances. Millwall were well organised and it was a case of staying patient and grinding them down.

20 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

I was playing snooker (top break of 13) while watching. We huffed and puffed first half but I can’t recall many shots on target or really working their keep at all. Millwall were fairly comfortable before that first goal.