Fair play to the lad,  but I'm sure he'll be the first to admit he's still got a long way to prove he's worth the money spent on him, but more performances like tonight will help. 

I think one things for sure he is a striker not a right winger, the striker role is his to lose currently. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Where have the dean smith haters gone too? Like bloody christmas eve, all through the forum Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse..

Long long way to go before we can start declaring him the messiah,  didn't you yourself criticise him after Hull? 

22 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

So basically it seems the only reason we haven't seen the best of Sargeant until now is because he hasn't had much chance to play in what is clearly far and away his best position. 

I know we had a bit of a disagreement shall we say the other week? 😁, but I totally agree with you here, 👍

I was definitely one who wrote him off,  as I suspect 90% of fans did. But it was a complete forward showing tonight, a bit if an old school type of forward and I loved it! I'll admit, I am still shocked every time he scores but long may it continue! 

We need a better song for him rather than the USA chant though. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Tommo said:

I can see Teemu and Sargent playing together but… there is something about having that more physical striker with more of an aerial threat that complements our intricate play.

sarge work rate fantastic, a way to go but having that Holt esque striker is really what we need to be more clinical in final third 

Somewhere in the deep, dark reaches of the Pinkun (or Twitter) I posted that Sargent could do with a couple weeks solo coaching with Holt to show him how to put his physicality to productive use.

Swap the two players out tonight and you wouldn't see a different. Hustled and bustled and harried Millwall 

Hope he did foul in the build-up to the second. Love it when the knuckle draggers in football have a mirror held up to them.

Sargents on fire 

Your defense is terrified

Sargents on fire 

Your defense is terrified

Nanana nana nana nana na na 

Nanana nana nana nana na na 

1 minute ago, crispeduk said:

Hope he did foul in the build-up to the second. Love it when the knuckle draggers in football have a mirror held up to them.

Having watched it back a few times I’d have to say he was just plain stronger than the two Millwall lads and wanted it more. Fantastic use of physicality while staying just the right side of the line.

8 minutes ago, crispeduk said:

Not a foul for me,  not even last season when refs were giving more soft fouls. Just good old fashioned strong play, love to see it. 

Dean Smiths decisions on who to play seem to be getting proven right versus some fans opinions on here almost at a rate Farke achieved in second season..

13 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Not a foul for me,  not even last season when refs were giving more soft fouls. Just good old fashioned strong play, love to see it. 

Foul all day long in the premier league, and almost certainly given in the game against Wigan. One of those that ‘evens out in the end’

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Where have the dean smith haters gone too? Like bloody christmas eve, all through the forum Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse..

You must have a very large wooden spoon. You are just as likely to start the hatred. Grow up.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Put me in the critic category, but then again we were saying he was Championship level!

Most pleasing we may have hit on the winning formula - could it possibly be it doesn’t include Pukki?!

Potentially, and I only say this because he has scored 3 very different goals. I think this important and shouldn’t be underestimated. 

35 minutes ago, priceyrice said:

I was definitely one who wrote him off,  as I suspect 90% of fans did. But it was a complete forward showing tonight, a bit if an old school type of forward and I loved it! I'll admit, I am still shocked every time he scores but long may it continue! 

We need a better song for him rather than the USA chant though. 

The Americans call him soccer Gritty according to some of my mates, Gritty is a mascot for the Philly Flyers. Looks like the honey monster.

• Haha 1

I love the fact that now Dean Smith (out) has a massive headache.

If he drops Sergeant hes a fool. 
I think Pukki needs to sit the bench for a bit. 

Since the final pen against Birmingham he hasn’t looked back. Credit to Dean Smith for showing faith in him 👍

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

No words necessary. Just 👍

Indeed there are words to be said. Until the last two games he has been awful. But as normal with Norwich supporters, two games signals a career.

He has been good the last two games. His first touch still needs improvement but his awareness and link play has been first class. And he is scoring good goals. His second is a compliment to his energy and wiil to win. So lets congratulate him on two good games, ask him to keep it up, and say thank goodness it appears Teemu has competition.

Nobody wanted him to fail and everyone is delighted he is showing some form. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

No words necessary. Just 👍

Goals + team spirit shut up tractor loads of people!

15 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Dean Smiths decisions on who to play seem to be getting proven right versus some fans opinions on here almost at a rate Farke achieved in second season..

Are you sh*tting me? Some of us have been crying out for weeks for him to give Sinani, Dowell and (as some were even calling for) Hernandez a chance but he's been persevering with Rashica... If anything the changes this week prove us right to a degree. 

As for Sargent: I'm happy to have been wrong about him. After that miss against Brighton I genuinely doubted his finishing. But I'd not really seen him played as a striker. It turns out that sticking the poor lad out on the wing did him no favours.

• Like 1

He hasnt been awful hes been in the wrong position and having to adapt.
Moved country, played in the toughest league in the world, become a father. Lads had a tough year. Becoming a father alone is insanely hard work for those that havent been there.

He has shown heart and workrate from the start and always had little glimmers of Grant Holt.
Yeh 2 games 3 goals.
Teemu, time to warm the bench mate. 

Idah and Hugil. loans or permos boys 😕 

Just now, Petriix said:

Are you sh*tting me? Some of us have been crying out for weeks for him to give Sinani, Dowell and (as some were even calling for) Hernandez a chance but he's been persevering with Rashica... If anything the changes this week prove us right to a degree. 

As for Sargent: I'm happy to have been wrong about him. After that miss against Brighton I genuinely doubted his finishing. But I'd not really seen him played as a striker. It turns out that sticking the poor lad out on the wing did him no favours.

And as soon as Sinani and Dowell were match fit he got them into the side, and then despite the transfer fee we paid for Rashica dropped him for a winger we tried to offload as a club last season. That's brave management. See how easy it is two lean on one side? 😉

It's simple as this really, we were playing a striker on the wing. He is not a winger he is a striker 

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Where have those gone who thought Pukki should  come straight back into the team. Wasn't you was it?

3 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

He hasnt been awful hes been in the wrong position and having to adapt.
Moved country, played in the toughest league in the world, become a father. Lads had a tough year. Becoming a father alone is insanely hard work for those that havent been there.

He has shown heart and workrate from the start and always had little glimmers of Grant Holt.
Yeh 2 games 3 goals.
Teemu, time to warm the bench mate. 

Idah and Hugil. loans or permos boys 😕 

OK, he has been awful in the wrong position.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Where have those gone who thought Pukki should  come straight back into the team. Wasn't you was it?

Hello.

I'd have brought back Teemu if he was fully fit, which I suspect he wasn't tonight. Delighted that Sargent has proved me wrong, or at the very least made the conversation worth having. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

OK, he has been awful in the wrong position.

You would be too.

I presume you played football or have played football?
I was a midfielder who liked to cut in from the left in my youth and would hate being anywhere else on the pitch because i was crap!
I slowly drifted to left back to Central defence with age until I got to  to no more sunday league. 

With Sargent it is confidence. 

He definitely lacks an ego and he is tenacious and honest. With confidence he could be a big asset. 

As a team we put the ball in quicker when Sargent plays and not doing so cost us goals in the EPL. 

I am happy to see Rashica benched and the competition hotting up. Once Byram is back even Kenny McLean will be on the bench unless Smith makes the mistake of dropping the rapidly developing Gibbs. 

As for the 2nd goal. The first Millwall defender made a back for Sargent to go over but it failed. The second defender came in from the side and threw himself down in what he thought was Sargent's path but Josh swung behind him. The goal was rightly given.