4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

No words necessary. Just πŸ‘

Exactly this πŸ‘.Β Β 

He was a s’house pressing machine this evening. Incredible work rate, and 2 clinical finishes.Β 
I’veΒ been critical, we all have,Β BUT,Β I’d love to see more of this.Β 

• Like 2

Plenty of words necessary, use what ever superlatives you like, so pleased for the lad to prove so many doubters wrong!
Β 

USA, USA, USA!! 😁

4 minutes ago, Hucks6 said:

Where are the Sargent haters now

Where have the dean smith haters gone too? Like bloody christmas eve, all through the forum Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse..

• Like 1

Played very well tonight. Good work. Let's not get all "He's the answer" like we did when Idah scored three goals in a cup game, only to proclaim him useless if he doesn't score for a few games. However,Β credit where credit is due, he was excellent tonight from start to finish.

• Like 1

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Where have the dean smith haters gone too? Like bloody christmas eve, all through the forum Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse..

Oh hold up.

Still hate Dean Smith and want him outl

Β 

• Like 1

Even the most clueless critic could never criticise Sargent's workrate or determination. Well, they could, but they'd have completely outed themselves as laughably ill-informed.

I think fans have always tended to give really hard triers a little more praise when things go well. But you can't deny that he's a great team player, even if his contributions can be hit-and-miss. Today was as complete a centre-forward performance I've seen in a yellow shirt in a long time though. Let's hope he continues in that vein with more confidence, as hopefully the penny drops with him that he really can do it over in the UK now.

Edited by TheGunnShow
  • Like 1

Josh has always reminded me a bit of grant Holt with his work rate.

Today his movement was similar and he got 2 goals.

Glad he's coming good

Β 

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

They're there, biding their time, waiting for an opportunity...

• Haha 1

Just delighted for him. Seems like a decent guy, works his socks off, has shown a lot of character to bounce back from being, let's face it, something of a laughing stock last season. The conversation about him or Pukki, at least in the short term, is now a real one. Good on you, Sarge.

Indeed Lakey.Β 

Perhaps benefitting from working with Teemu in training but whatever it is he can keep doing it.Β Β 

Was not a fan of the signing and definitely not at what we paid. However ive always said i hope he proves us all wrong and it looks like hes beginning to!

Huge thumbs up to the man.

Sargent has to be MotM but Nunez was superb as well.

He's obviously not as dynamic with the ball at his feet as Buendia but he might be just as creative. I thought he was fantastic tonight.

I can see Teemu and Sargent playing together but… there is something about having that more physical striker with more of an aerial threat that complements our intricate play.

sarge work rate fantastic, a way to go but having that Holt esque striker is really what we need to be more clinical in final thirdΒ 

• Thanks 1

It was an inspirational performance by Sargent and hopefully puts the doubting Thomas's firmly in their place.Β He fought for and practically won everything, both goals were brilliantly executed. Here's to Sargent's committment rubbing off on the rest of the squadΒ πŸ‘

That side out tonight is minus the likes of Sara and Hayden, plus a proper leftback..

We're going to cruise this Division.

Β 

• Like 1

Fair play to him. He's worked hard and taken his chance to shine up front.

I'm still slightly shocked though.

7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Lakeys still here

I’ll readily admit to having written him off as a striking option before this week; seemed more likely to tripΒ himself up than hit the back of the net.Β 
Β 

But tonight he was brilliant - strong, tenacious, never gave up, excellent movement and two superb finishes. Well done Josh, now keep it going!Β 

Edited by mrdi
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tommo said:

I can see Teemu and Sargent playing together but… there is something about having that more physical striker with more of an aerial threat that complements our intricate play.

sarge work rate fantastic, a way to go but having that Holt esque striker is really what we need to be more clinical in final thirdΒ 

Holt was 28 when we signed him, Josh is 22. He might still bulk up and he'll certainly improve. He might be able get to that level. He's a different player down the middle.

So basically it seems the only reason we haven't seen the best of Sargeant until now is because he hasn't had much chance to play in what is clearly far and away his best position.Β 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

So basically it seems the only reason we haven't seen the best of Sargeant until now is because he hasn't had much chance to play in what is clearly far and away his best position.Β 

I think that miss v Brighton absolutely shattered him last year too. Playing on his mind etc.Β 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I’d agree with this. And credit to himΒ for taking the opportunity so well.Β 

Just now, GodlyOtsemobor said:

I think that miss v Brighton absolutely shattered him last year too. Playing on his mind etc.Β 

Understandably so. It was a fluff of Coneyesque proportions.Β 

Β 

Put me in the critic category, but then again we were saying he was Championship level!

Most pleasing we may have hit on the winning formula - could it possibly be it doesn’t include Pukki?!