Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Millwall (L)(H) *****

Just now, RugbyCanary said:

Sargent has confidence now. His second goal was pure filth. Two up top next game???????

No need to change it for changes sake. 

3 minutes ago, kirku said:

100pc.

Towards the end they both spent a good few minutes going on about how well Millwall had done. Madness.

And going on and on about how talented their subs brought on were. Apart from one toe punt shot that hit the bar they contributed nothing. Our defence was pretty sound tonight.

• Like 1

Just now, GodlyOtsemobor said:

No need to change it for changes sake. 

Agree 100% but it's a great dilemma to have. On an aside, thought Gibbs looked totally class tonight

14 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Excellent second half performance. Really impressed with our work rate. Defence looked assured and some very good individual performances across the pitch. We'll done City. 

Spot on F. Every time we were not in possession we harried Millwall players high up the pitch. And many times they stole back possession. Starting to see what a Smith and Shakespeare team looks like 

And I love watching our midfield. An absolute joy to watch Sinani, Dowell, Nunez and Gibbs - all do things a bit different. In a way Lungi getting injured has created their place because Kenny has gone to LB.

I'm of the belief now we have a potential top two team.

Just now, RugbyCanary said:

Agree 100% but it's a great dilemma to have. On an aside, thought Gibbs looked totally class tonight

He really has been great since we gave him a chance, binners must be spewing... future captain material too. 

I love Josh's second goal. It feels like a very long time since I've seen a City player hold his own physically - and in this case against 2 defenders. I cannot see what Millwall are complaining about - Josh had a shove in the back and the two defenders tried to squeeze him off the ball and he still came out the winner.

Great credit to the lad for sticking at it, despite all the grief he's had from fans and keyboard warriors.

• Like 8

Just now, GodlyOtsemobor said:

He really has been great since we gave him a chance, binners must be spewing... future captain material too. 

Honestly agree, Gunn, Andy O, Gibbs......futures looking bright

Turned into a very good performance in the end. Sargent looks transformed in the middle, Gibbs like he’s played 100 games, Nunez class and I thought the defence was also much improved. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Also worth noting Danel Sinani set up the opening goal for the second time this week.

And Dowell the second

3 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Spot on F. Every time we were not in possession we harried Millwall players high up the pitch. And many times they stole back possession. Starting to see what a Smith and Shakespeare team looks like 

And I love watching our midfield. An absolute joy to watch Sinani, Dowell, Nunez and Gibbs - all do things a bit different. In a way Lungi getting injured has created their place because Kenny has gone to LB.

I'm of the belief now we have a potential top two team.

Kenny at LB ...... masterstroke or lucky......yes we need a proper defender but as a fill in, pretty good. Opens up the midfield for our quality players to ALL get on the pitch

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So I see the fickle Sargeant haters have left the building. If you play him centrally he'll be a real nuisance and has proved he will score goals at this level. I don't think Only should of started and the quicker we get a left back the better. I'd also like to see Gunn start in goal. The two major weaknesses for me this game were Krul and Kenny, both always prone to mistakes. All in all a good performance and we're only going to get stronger

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jaberry2 said:

So I see the fickle Sargeant haters have left the building. If you play him centrally he'll be a real nuisance and has proved he will score goals at this level. I don't think Only should of started and the quicker we get a left back the better. I'd also like to see Gunn start in goal. The two major weaknesses for me this game were Krul and Kenny, both always prone to mistakes. All in all a good performance and we're only going to get stronger

Problem is if we get a left back, Kenny will be moved back to the midfield, just leave him there so the midfield can carry on as it is. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I predict another oddly quiet night and few days ahead..😉

If only someone would create regular threads on any and every possible subject…

1 minute ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Problem is if we get a left back, Kenny will be moved back to the midfield, just leave him there so the midfield can carry on as it is. 

Nah he'll be left off the pitch

2 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Kenny has actually done surprisingly well at LB, and he's a big asset at set pieces (although none of them came off today). I'd continue to play him there for now if Dimi is going to be fit in a few more weeks. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RugbyCanary said:

Kenny at LB ...... masterstroke or lucky......yes we need a proper defender but as a fill in, pretty good. Opens up the midfield for our quality players to ALL get on the pitch

I genuinely think Kenny is better out wide than in the middle. A bit more space and time for him there, his distribution was actually pretty good for the most part - especially in the first half. 

I don’t for one minute think he’s necessarily going to convert to a full-time LB but the balance in the centre is so much better than anything we had last season already with Gibbs-Nunez-Dowell - all three put in some impressive work tonight - and that’s because of Kenny being shifted to LB. 

Edited by mrdi
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, AJ said:

And Dowell the second

I thought Dowell did brilliantly for the second goal, took over the ball, and then the perfectly weighted pass to set up Sargent.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Is Don ******* Goodman a Millwall fan? Non-stop eulogising. The fact is they are actually a team of cloggers. Very well organised but little creativity. They've only had 35% possession too. And have fouled three times as much as us.

Edit. At full time Rowett can add a defeat to Norwich on his CV🙂

It was a odd choice of sky pundits, Neil Harris, Jobi McAnuff, and Don Goodman?  

5 minutes ago, mrdi said:

I genuinely think Kenny is better out wide than in the middle. A bit more space and time for him there, his distribution was actually pretty good for the most part - especially in the first half. 

I don’t for one minute think he’s necessarily going to convert to a full-time LB but the balance in the centre is so much better than anything we had last season already with Gibbs-Nunez-Dowell - all three put in some impressive work tonight - and that’s because of Kenny being shifted to LB. 

100% agree

10 minutes ago, RugbyCanary said:

The midfield certainly is improved without McLean in it, but the latter should be dropped as soon as our leftbacks are fit.

Congratulations to Josh and credit to Smith for sticking with him and having confidence in him when many were writing Josh off.

2 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Congratulations to Josh and credit to Smith for sticking with him and having confidence in him when many were writing Josh off.

Who would have predicted that Josh Sargant would be seen as the better purchase than Milot Rashica? 

26 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

It was a odd choice of sky pundits, Neil Harris, Jobi McAnuff, and Don Goodman?  

Harris full of praise for City though

• Like 1