Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Millwall (L)(H) *****

1 hour ago, sonyc said:

Is Don ******* Goodman a Millwall fan? Non-stop eulogising. The fact is they are actually a team of cloggers. Very well organised but little creativity. They've only had 35% possession too. And have fouled three times as much as us.

Edit. At full time Rowett can add a defeat to Norwich on his CV🙂

I was bemused at the start of the game when Goodman was saying how Millwall away would be an atmosphere Nunez would never have experienced before. Has he watched any South American football before? Not exactly known for their passive support.

Apart from that it did seem like Sky desperately wanted to push the angle of Millwall as having given it a right go and us to have rather wandered to victory 

Edited by Mason 47
  • Like 1

I thought Kenny was excellent filling in at LB tonight. Seemed to give us an extra option with his midfield experience.

I also thought the Sky pundits were fine, McAnuff very measured and rightly called the Sargent tussle for what it was, which was pretty much 50/50.

This Millwall team were good, very well organised and physical. They could do well. But we were most un Norwich like, matched them well, harried and looked "up for it". Sinani superb, Gibbs looks exactly what we need in the centre, and Onel's unpredictability is exactly why he deserves a place. But Nunez, wow.

Very pleased for Sargent, a handful all night and a great No 9 performance. Well done.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Number9 said:

I'm happy he's got two good goals and it looks like 3 points. 

Let's see what his total is in a couple of months.

Played in his natural position, physically unplayable and absolutely clinical tonight. 3 goals in 2 games and a workload to match.

I suspect you may need to reassess your understanding of football in a couple of months' time.

7 minutes ago, yellowandgreen said:

Kenny did well tonight. Great to see us looking physically strong. Onwards and upwards.

Big part of our superiority in the second half was Kenny pushing forward from left back and opening up space for our midfielders IMO. Very assured tonight.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Calle said:

Was it around the same time we bought Grabban instead of Callum Wilson? 

Callum Wilson turned us down... I will never forgive him for that. 

Edited by chicken

<ahem>

"Woi wernt Hooogil playin aheed of that boi Saaaarrgent then?"

"We dernt av enuff midfeelders Neeeyyul!"

1 hour ago, Samwam27 said:

Interesting Ramsey & Cantwell are brought on ahead of Rash.

We've gone from bottom to 5th in two games. Crazy league!

Przemek will be ahead of him at this rate, it feels so jarring that the average impact of Sargent (prior to this week) has been better for the team overall than the same for Rash! It's as if he is miles away technically in front of Josh, but our Yankee Ninja is in another planet in terms of giving all for the team.

Crazy, you got that right, we're just getting warmed up. Wait until we get a proper LB + Hayden and Idah match fit!

Anyone know what we have done to upset Don Goodman. It was Millwall this and Millwall that all game….

7 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

Anyone know what we have done to upset Don Goodman. It was Millwall this and Millwall that all game….

Probably another who doesn't want us to go up because we waste a PL spot blah blah blah 

16 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

For some reason the Sky comms always big up the opposition against us in the Champs, I remember when we beat Ip****e 3-0 in the Farke first promotion season and it was ALL pro-Scum prior to the game. Another one was Boro at home (0-0, Emi sent off) and the amount of creaming over Colin for a "masterclass in doing a number on us" was beyond cringe.

8 hours ago, Spillay said:

For some reason the Sky comms always big up the opposition against us in the Champs, I remember when we beat Ip****e 3-0 in the Farke first promotion season and it was ALL pro-Scum prior to the game. Another one was Boro at home (0-0, Emi sent off) and the amount of creaming over Colin for a "masterclass in doing a number on us" was beyond cringe.

We need to steal that Millwall chant.

"No one likes us, because we are Norwich"

More apt with us than them, they can have 

"No one cares, we are insignificant"

If they can get their caveman heads around the word insignificant 

On 20/08/2022 at 04:51, Number9 said:

I'm happy he's got two good goals and it looks like 3 points. 

Let's see what his total is in a couple of months.

This is already aging well.

• Haha 1

On 20/08/2022 at 04:13, Number9 said:

Don't be a silly boy, you can't rest your whole season on Josh doing something which he hasn't done at any point on his career.

Ageing very well!🤣

1 hour ago, 7HAR1980 said:

Ageing very well!🤣

The words 'whole season' suggest that you diary it forward to the end of the season rather than every time he scores. 

I'm glad Josh scored one of our goals and we won the game. 

7 hours ago, Number9 said:

The words 'whole season' suggest that you diary it forward to the end of the season rather than every time he scores. 

I'm glad Josh scored one of our goals and we won the game. 

He's already achieved something which he never had in his career though! 

On 20/08/2022 at 04:55, 7HAR1980 said:

Sorry but I'm still amazed how a 22 year old 'barge pole' can still score two championship goals and get man of the match.

Not doing too bad. Great finish! 

Still ageing well.