hogesar

New Board Director Confirmed - Mark Attanasio

12 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Nothing whatsoever was said by Delia or Michael with regard to Michael Foulger at the end of that meeting, Delia never uttered a single word throughout and MWJ just thanked people for their attendance and they all then left the room promptly to hold a board meeting presumably in the boardroom. Michael Foulger was never mentioned at all.

The photo is of them just arranging their next **** up probably. 😉 

Interesting Michael Bailey piece on it all in the Athletic today- doesn't make it sound like a full takeover is necessarily on the horizon. 

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Just needs a bit of pace behind it now.

Agreed CP, it's taken nearly 5 months since the Milwaukee crew's appearance at the Carra to get these first formal steps sorted, we were informed that discussions had already been underway for several months beforehand. A season's length potentially, which as we know in football can completely change a club's position significantly and forever in the game. Given how swiftly Boehly was able to buy Chelsea, which still had several delays, this is taking an inordinate amount of time. I can't believe, with standard confidentiality agreements issued as part of Attanasio's due diligence, that he already has a good flavour of how the club is run.

It all boils down now how his initial contributions whilst on the Board are received by his new colleagues. I assume this meets every couple of months, so we should see his influence before the end of this season. 

21 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Spoke to Michael Foulger this morning and just to clarify the tweet published on here from Mick Dennis, MF has no idea where that information came from as D&M have not thanked him for his service as certainly in the immediate future he is remaining on the board. Michael has prepared a short statement with Dan Holker the club mdia man that will be released shortly.

Perhaps Mick Dennis joins our exclusive club in not living up to our professions?

It would be interesting to know MFs share status in retaining his place on the Board. Does that mean he isn't selling his shares YET?

8 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Perhaps Mick Dennis joins our exclusive club in not living up to our professions?

It would be interesting to know MFs share status in retaining his place on the Board. Does that mean he isn't selling his shares YET?

In Michael Bailey's Athletic article he says that one of the resolutions passed last night allows for a Director to be appointed/remain in place without a shareholding.  You will all know better than me if that is the case or not?  Therefore he could remain despite selling his shareholding to Attanasio.

10 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

In Michael Bailey's Athletic article he says that one of the resolutions passed last night allows for a Director to be appointed/remain in place without a shareholding.  You will all know better than me if that is the case or not?  Therefore he could remain despite selling his shareholding to Attanasio.

The Bailey piece seemed to suggest that would likely be earmarked for another member of the Attanasio party. 

1 minute ago, king canary said:

The Bailey piece seemed to suggest that would likely be earmarked for another member of the Attanasio party. 

Yep it did, but it still allows for a scenario where Foulger remains as well in response to Essex's point.

9 minutes ago, king canary said:

I can see a situation where Attanasio attends the Board personally, Foulger retains his seat for a while, allowing Attansio to map the skills gap on the Board so as to ensure he nominates the person from his entourage with those skills. At the point Foulger will disappear gracefully.

On the other hand, Foulger might retain 100 shares and carry on regardless, the arithmetic on future control is little changed.

3 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

I can see a situation where Attanasio attends the Board personally, Foulger retains his seat for a while, allowing Attansio to map the skills gap on the Board so as to ensure he nominates the person from his entourage with those skills. At the point Foulger will disappear gracefully.

On the other hand, Foulger might retain 100 shares and carry on regardless, the arithmetic on future control is little changed.

I posted a while back that it was not certain Foulger was quitting the board. Unless this proviso has changed he only needs to retain 100 shares out of more than 90,000. If - big if - this goes well I can certainly see another US director. Particularly one versed in maximising revenue from commercial and catering. I had thought that might be the first step, rather than it being Attanasio.

• Like 1

I am not getting this obsession with the board, and board members. Pretty much S&J can do what they like, particularly in concert with MA. This doesn't need to go through the board or any other formality. It can be actioned via private informal conversations.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Finally no mention of a resignation from the board by Michael Foulger but i will get on the case as my source will without doubt see him at the 3 day race meeting at Yarmouth this week

Why, is your source a horse?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Why, is your source a horse?

Ney. 😂

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Haha 1

Mildly disappointed that none of the shareholders questioned the role of nepotism Tom with the new changes in the board. He looks even more irrelevant than  before 

19 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Finally no mention of a resignation from the board by Michael Foulger but i will get on the case as my source will without doubt see him at the 3 day race meeting at Yarmouth this week. 😜

Let's hope it's more accurate than the twaddle he fed you last time 😂

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bert said:

Mildly disappointed that none of the shareholders questioned the role of nepotism Tom with the new changes in the board. He looks even more irrelevant than  before 

Do we detect some wistfulness from Bert?

While the big fish wants to boycott the board and for this to be a message bored

On Marky Mark and his funky toe-dipping , I must say I much prefer this angel who fears to tread approach. Vastly more reassuring for the (potential) future than some born-again pension fund rushing in with much fanfare.

4 hours ago, Bert said:

Mildly disappointed that none of the shareholders questioned the role of nepotism Tom 

Did he have a role in this agenda? By the way have you informed all family and friends that you’re  not accepting any inheritance or passing anything down to anyone?

17 minutes ago, corbs said:

Did he have a role in this agenda? By the way have you informed all family and friends that you’re  not accepting any inheritance or passing anything down to anyone?

God save the King👑👍

Just now, A Load of Squit said:

Enjoyable watch, seems like we've got a really good match with MA.

Still watching the MA video, haven't got round to the D&M one yet. Wonder if MA will be at the match this evening...?

4 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Still watching the MA video, haven't got round to the D&M one yet. Wonder if MA will be at the match this evening...?

He's been given a match pass, obviously a perk of being a director and not available to associate directors with a thousand shares or their families. 😀

Says he's going to schedule his investor meetings to his London office to coincide with our fixtures. 

Edited by A Load of Squit

Lovely tweet from Michael Fouger's son this morning, sorry dont know how to post it on here . What a huge part Michael has played over the years, bless him.

Two good videos from Delia & Michael & Mark  Attanasio, obvious that Zoe played a huge part in getting this deal pushed through so well done to her.

The future looks bright for our club, happy days 💚💛💕

• Like 1

On 13/09/2022 at 11:00, shefcanary said:

Ahem, called it!

Seriously, this is all very welcome news. Much may depend on the on field performance, but as I said elsewhere, if Attanasio keeps his nose clean I can see him taking full control well within the 7 year timeframe!

4 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Man after my own heart - celebrates a big sporting win and then fails Latin exam next morning! Priorities! 🙂 

Haha I loved that anecdote 🙂

Delia and Michael’s interview quite interesting. 

Obviously has the club and community at heart, but there’s a nasty streak in there. 

Criticising fans for (rightfully imo) taking a ST rebate when relegated to L1 and the contempt she showed for someone offering her a pound made me laugh. 

Look forward to what Mr Attanasio brings to the table!

12 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

When prompted by a question about the comments people raise on social media, he says he will stay off social media, no chance of him joining the debate on here. 

Very sensible.

• Like 1

Huge credit to Michael Foulger for a strategically planned exit strategy which has resulted in the Club being able to bring some much needed fresh perspectives into the Boardroom.

The transformation of 2009 was, of course, substantially important for the Club in footballing terms which means whatever our frustrations in the Premier League our experience has been very different in the last 13 years to Charlton or Ipswich. We are all very grateful for that.

Ipswich, of course, are now looking for substantial renewal under their new ownership and at least don't have the same problems as us in getting young people in attendance plus they seem to have picked up on some of the initiatives we had in the early part of D&Ms tenure such as supporter roadshows and senior staff being more accessible on match days. 

In the context of 'Leeds Canary' observation, Delia might like to bear in mind that even if MF did receive only the very modest sum for his shares reported yesterday, such a sum would nevertheless represent an excess over what he paid such that he would have more than recovered his 2009 supporters matching contribution (no criticism of MF implied) but that isn't the case for supporters.

Interesting also to listen to the comments about Zoe's experience but note that none of that appears to relate to supporter engagement. 

Also to note Delia's comments about Attanassio's focus on the importance of fans and learning from him. In his interview he focuses on the fusion between both the fan aspect and the sporting aspect. That sounds like the right way forward.