Reports that two Serie A clubs wanted him on loan - I wonder why clubs keep trying that route with him when we've declined Barcelona before?

Farke at Gladbach has also apparently enquired about him (I also heard they had scouts watching him - dont know if that is true?).

I think Max has stagnated a bit of late and his career has plateaued. He's been told he can leave if a suitable bid comes in, despite our injury problems.

The script is written for Gladbach isnt it? I cant think of a better place for him to develop. A number of young English players have developed well in the German leagues of late, and there would be no better manager for him to be under than Farke. Farke also knows how much the club value him, so reduces the chance of silly transfer negotiations. He'll surely either mean business or pass.

For Max's sake I think this would be a fantastic move for him if it ever materialises.

1 minute ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

He's been told he can leave if a suitable bid comes in, despite our injury problems.

Is this part supposition or has this been reported? I’ve not seen anything about it anywhere.

1 minute ago, Rivvo said:

Is this part supposition or has this been reported? I’ve not seen anything about it anywhere.

it was on the pinkun article yesterday. 

5 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

(I also heard they had scouts watching him - dont know if that is true?).

Certainly the commentators at the Wigan game said they had scouts watching Rashica: not out of the realms of possibility they were watching Max as well.

Just now, Captain Holt said:

it was on the pinkun article yesterday. 

Ah busy day at work so I missed it, thanks👍

Doubt Gladbach can afford him. Max is a 25+ million player based on age, experience and nationality. Be disappointed personally if we sold him for any less.

I know this has been said before about Max, but he really has a superb attitude, doesn't he? He must be a bit frustrated. As you say, his career has stagnated a bit and he surely must have hoped to become a regular PL player by now. But you wouldn't know it from his performances: probably been our best player this season.

• Like 3

The loan moves are probably just attempts to unsettle. Cheeky af though.

BMG would be a great move though.

As for stagnation he's looked far better this season than he did last 

Just now, Monty13 said:

Doubt Gladbach can afford him. Max is a 25+ million player based on age, experience and nationality. Be disappointed personally if we sold him for any less.

maybe a few years ago, doubt he is now. I'd take 15mil for him.... he hasn't really kicked on. 

He's a modern day attacking full back, apart from he cant cross a ball to save his life. dreadful 

6 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Certainly the commentators at the Wigan game said they had scouts watching Rashica: not out of the realms of possibility they were watching Max as well.

Yes you're right, it was Rashica, got mixed up

5 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

I know this has been said before about Max, but he really has a superb attitude, doesn't he? He must be a bit frustrated. As you say, his career has stagnated a bit and he surely must have hoped to become a regular PL player by now. But you wouldn't know it from his performances: probably been our best player this season.

His attitude is remarkable. When you compare it to other players who sulk or down tools or cause disruption in a dressing room, Max has kept his feet firmly on the floor. I do wonder if ultimately that is to his detriment though. 

Players who throw a wobbly probably do so because they realise the reality that their opportunity for a golden move really does tend to come along once in a blue moon.

I think it certainly would have been understandable if Max had thrown a major wobbly when Barcelona came in for him, knowing that later down the line, with him a year older and likely playing in a lower league, the attention of the big boys may well have moved on.

I feel sorry for Max that despite being young, he may well have now missed the boat.

Who knows if a club like Barcelona will ever come in for him again - where is the reward for his outstanding attitude? Whereas a good old flounce may well have engineered a dream move.

He deserves a good move and I hope he gets it. 

Pretty sure I read somewhere- though not at all sure where, or if I'm making it up- that Max isn't that keen on moving abroad at the moment which is why he's been fairly cool on transfers not happening. 

He certainly deserves his move because of his loyalty but Christ on a bike it would mean we have no fit full backs at the club whatsoever.

• Like 1

Torn on this one. Probably of all our "jewels" he is the one i'd begrudge a move least given how unselfish he's been.

However, selling him now would be very, very poor given our injury situation and also the message it sends out just as we are getting going. I just don't think its acceptable for us to cash in on him right now.

The article said he could move NEXT Summer if a suitable bid came in so calm down people 

Edit: my bad it says this Summer, but let’s not panic unless it happens, we’ve been here before and it came to nothing

Edited by TheBaldOne66

He isnt going to leave on loan to any club. Its going to take a sizeable offer during this window to happen, which I am doubtful it will happen at this stage but of course there is still time left. I hope he doesnt leave this window as he is a step above all other players in this league.

If we sell him that is the moment the recruitment team have to prove themselves with a list of possible options who are all proceedable.

I‘m not sure where the ‘there were scouts at the game’  thing came from, but it is eminently possible that they could have been watching several players (I mean, the rest of us were!).

I think the general thing is that we need to be fair to Max, and all players and obviously if an offer comes In we’d have to consider it - but I don’t think a loan (unless linked to a transfer fee) would cut it for either him or us.  It does also go both ways - players are under contract, are well paid and not playing for charity.  Max has done pretty well out of being here (20+ Eng u21 caps) and for his part has always put his shift in.  

I think the main ‘he can leave’ thing was at the outset - but circumstances do change, such as our injury issues, which might well now be a consideration.  I’m pretty sure that they’d have plans in place if it did happen, as it’s not be a complete surprise.

Edited by Branston Pickle

19 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

His attitude is remarkable. When you compare it to other players who sulk or down tools or cause disruption in a dressing room, Max has kept his feet firmly on the floor. I do wonder if ultimately that is to his detriment though. 

Players who throw a wobbly probably do so because they realise the reality that their opportunity for a golden move really does tend to come along once in a blue moon.

I think it certainly would have been understandable if Max had thrown a major wobbly when Barcelona came in for him, knowing that later down the line, with him a year older and likely playing in a lower league, the attention of the big boys may well have moved on.

I feel sorry for Max that despite being young, he may well have now missed the boat.

Who knows if a club like Barcelona will ever come in for him again - where is the reward for his outstanding attitude? Whereas a good old flounce may well have engineered a dream move.

He deserves a good move and I hope he gets it. 

Looking at how Barcelona is treating players they no longer want by trying every trick of Adam not to pay up their contracts, then I'm not sure Barcelona would have been that good a move.

Max has shown great attitude towards any potential transfers. I do believe a lot of it comes from the fact Norwich gave him a second chance. Wasn't he deemed surplus to requirement at Luton? It's good to see a player remembering what the club has done for them. 

He may also look at Jamal Lewis going to Newcastle as a big warning that the grass is not always greener. You can even argue that Ben Godfrey could have done better than Everton if you look at last seasons relegation scrap. And Emi struggles for a start at Villa.

Maddison is a good example, not once did he say he wanted a big move away and he got the perfect move for us, for Leicester and for himself. 

I don't think Max will go this transfer window, purely down to our injuries. I do believe a deal might be struck for the next window or next summer and it will be the best deal for all parties. 

13 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

His recent upturn in form coinciding with the closing stages of the window may not be a coincidence!

Or he is just playing in a poorer league 🙂

36 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Funnily enough, on the Normann thread I'm having a conversation with @Monty13about sporting teams having a 'no d1ckhead' policy. Max is certainly not a d1ckhead. But as you suggest, perhaps that's one reason he's not swanning down Las Ramblas as we speak!

10 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

How dare you post something that's already been discussed on another thread. That's like, against the rules and is something I have never and would never do. Someone arrest this man!

Did you just assume my gender?

1 hour ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Funnily enough, on the Normann thread I'm having a conversation with @Monty13about sporting teams having a 'no d1ckhead' policy. Max is certainly not a d1ckhead. But as you suggest, perhaps that's one reason he's not swanning down Las Ramblas as we speak!

What about the dereham d1ckhead then

I do feel sorry for Max and a certain extent the club. Max wanted to leave and Norwich City wanted to sell him, but they've left it too late and there are currently no takers. Hopefully it will work out for both parties in the end. 

4 hours ago, Monty13 said:

Allasane Plea cost them £21m, and they spent £15m on a centre back about 6 years ago, so wouldn't surprise me if they could afford him (considering I'd expect us to accept £15m to £20m rather than £25m+.... there frankly just haven't been takers at that price).