Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Team for Millwall

We looked very shaky at the back against Huddersfield. I’m a fan of McLean but he is a rubbish left back. If Bryan is fit he should definitely start.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Who are we thinking should play? I'm going to go a little controversial to get a debate going..

team.png

I'd be happy to see that team, but realistically, McLean is going to keep that LB place at least until Byram is fully fit.

Cantwell and Dowell did ok against Huddersfield and may get the nod again, but they need to start assisting and/or scoring - Dowell had some good creative passes, Cantwell a couple of mediocre looking shots - but we need more end product from them imo. Sinani has shown them the way to do it - and Gibbs looks the real deal, so neither TC nor KD should feel safe in their places in the team, with Sara and Ramsey fighting for a starting place too. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, yellowandgreen said:

We looked very shaky at the back against Huddersfield. I’m a fan of McLean but he is a rubbish left back. If Bryan is fit he should definitely start.

Truth is Huddersfield never were allowed to, or capable of, exploiting Kenny as make-shift LB. I doubt Millwall would make the same mistake given the option. Prefer Byram in there if he's fit. Sargent too.

Good options elsewhere but don't change it from the Terriers.

Edited by Yellow Fever

Only change that mite be on mind is Byram for the pointing master. Other than that, why change it. Still reckon rashica may get a nod at 70mins. On for Sargent........

Well if Byram starts (unlikely) then McLean really needs dropping to the bench just in case he doesn't last 90 mins.

If we're talking about removing mediocre, or making some assists, then I wouldn't be starting 'no end product' Hernandez.

45 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I'd be happy to see that team, but realistically, McLean is going to keep that LB place at least until Byram is fully fit.

Cantwell and Dowell did ok against Huddersfield and may get the nod again, but they need to start assisting and/or scoring - Dowell had some good creative passes, Cantwell a couple of mediocre looking shots - but we need more end product from them imo. Sinani has shown them the way to do it - and Gibbs looks the real deal, so neither TC nor KD should feel safe in their places in the team, with Sara and Ramsey fighting for a starting place too. 

Both Todd and especially Dowell were important for both goals though.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Both Todd and especially Dowell were important for both goals though.

True up to a point, but not convinced by them at the moment, they just don't fill me with confidence. With Nunez and Sinani, there is creativity there and with a strong Sara, he could be one of those players that allows the creative players to play. 

Krul 

Aarons Hanley omobamidele McLean 

Nunez Gibbs 

Sinani.           Dowell.         Cantwell.  

Sargent 

• Like 1

I think Dowell is underrated and will play an important role over the season. Starts for me.

Onel off the bench again.

Can't see Byram being thrown straight back in - perhaps 15mins at the end.

Sara also a run in the second half, 25/30mins

Also think Cantwell has done just about enough to keep the jersey for the moment, but he needs to deliver a bit more "end product."

Assuming no knocks/fatigue, same 11 again I would think. Use of the bench very important.

• Like 1

If Byram's ready, put him in. McLean should be on the bench then as a left-footed back-up at least, but we have an issue of who comes off it. Probably Sara.

Same team, unless Pukki is 100% fit in which case I'd start him ahead of Josh.

Same team as Huddersfield, although if Byram is ready to start I would bring him in for Gibbs and move McLean back to DM

34 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

Same team as Huddersfield, although if Byram is ready to start I would bring him in for Gibbs and move McLean back to DM

I would keep Gibbs and just him off Kenny if that’s the case 

4 hours ago, yellowandgreen said:

He did a job at left back to be fair to him. Cut out all of the cross field balls that they thought their winger would win in the air against him

Same 11 as Tuesday for me. I think the number of subs during that game were made with preservation for tonight in mind - the first half was good and I want more of that - makes no sense to derail any opportunity for momentum with needless changes.

And I prefer Kenny at LB than in CM. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, paddycanary said:

I think Dowell is underrated and will play an important role over the season. Starts for me.

Onel off the bench again.

Can't see Byram being thrown straight back in - perhaps 15mins at the end.

Sara also a run in the second half, 25/30mins

Also think Cantwell has done just about enough to keep the jersey for the moment, but he needs to deliver a bit more "end product."

Assuming no knocks/fatigue, same 11 again I would think. Use of the bench very important.

If you look at Cantwells stats, it would suggest he is the first name of the team sheet.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jaberry2 said:

If you look at Cantwells stats, it would suggest he is the first name of the team sheet.

He does seem to be improving on the defensive side of things, without the ball etc. which is a great string to his bow. I believe he is finding some form and (hopefully) will become a guaranteed starter as the season develops. Keep that jersey Todd!

• Like 2