15 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Any particular reason the Pinkun are running stories on Norman and his move to Lecce falling through?

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/canaries-ncfc-mathias-normann-lecce-loan-9217194

We don’t get updates on prospective moves of former players usually. Hinting at a return?

We do get fairly often. And as this is a move they reported on, makes sense that they would post the most up to date info on it. 

30 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Any particular reason the Pinkun are running stories on Norman and his move to Lecce falling through?

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/canaries-ncfc-mathias-normann-lecce-loan-9217194

We don’t get updates on prospective moves of former players usually. Hinting at a return?

Only way he should play again at Carrow Road is for a visiting team. Hugely overrated. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, WD40 said:

The same reason they ran the story on him signing for them, pre-fall through

56 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I’d take him back, for sure. 

Not with his injury record and in this league where games come thick and fast. Went missing after he came from injury and just reminds me of how dire that Premier League campaign was aka I got over excited and burned! 😢

10 minutes ago, CardiffCanary said:

Good long throw 🤣

So did Fatima Whitbread

• Haha 1

Normann's impact at Carrow Road was every bit as good as Nunez's has been, imo.

He played with confidence and flair. I thought we had a real good 'un and was already hoping that City would instigate a permanent deal.

We all know what happened next.

It's thoughts of those early performances that lead to some wish for his return, and including myself, initially. Unfortunately, for him, it seems the need is no longer there.

Pity in some ways. 

The same way I never go back to my ex's, we shouldn't go back to ex players. He made it clear he didn't want to play in the Champ, and to be honest I'm not sure he did enough good last season to warrant a return. A shame as he looked decent prior to his injury but then faded badly in the second half of the season, not much different to all our new signings to be fair.

As for why they are running the story, it is in the publics interest. People might be wondering where he was going / if there was a chance he would re-sign for a us. 

• Like 1

Don't think he'd get into the team, if the new signings live up to their potential and he continues where he left off after his injury. 

11 hours ago, chicken said:

We do get fairly often. And as this is a move they reported on, makes sense that they would post the most up to date info on it. 

Just struck me as a strange one unless there was an implication Norwich may come in. No mention of Kabak’s move to Hoffenheim as far as I can see for example.

Slow news day is most likely explanation. 

10 minutes ago, glory.win or die. said:

He'd need one to reach Carrow Road from the treatment room 

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

13 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Not sure he ever fitted Webber's no-d1ckhead policy. The big question is, can you really build a PL-ready team without any d1ckheads?

I still think this side lacks a Bradley Johnsoneqsue character to f*#k **** up in the middle when we're in a physical game

• Like 1

Still reckon he may return. Said it on other threads. Not as a starter, but if he played in a 10, reckon he could do a job. I'm not a fan, but, reckon he may be in before the close of the window. Hope he don't though.......

23 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Not sure he ever fitted Webber's no-d1ckhead policy. The big question is, can you really build a PL-ready team without any d1ckheads?

Not sure Webber passes his own policy, tbh. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, RugbyCanary said:

Still reckon he may return. Said it on other threads. Not as a starter, but if he played in a 10, reckon he could do a job. I'm not a fan, but, reckon he may be in before the close of the window. Hope he don't though.......

Honestly, I don't get the "he should play No.10" argument. He wasn't that creative either. He's a CM who declared that he liked to tackle and play long balls... which is essentially exactly what his youtube highlight reel looked like. He had flashes of skill, but not necessarily the ability to use it in the right positions.

Flattered to deceive would be the term I use. I think at his best he was almost as good as Jonny Howson at his best. But he was far less consistent.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Well we built a team of losers so maybe a few ****** wouldn’t be a bad choice.

Honestly had no idea Webbers ever said this 😂 can you elaborate on the policy? Would be interesting to see which of our former stars wouldn’t make it, presumably Hucks and Holt being prime candidates.

Edited by Monty13

9 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Well we built a team of losers so maybe a few ****** wouldn’t be a bad choice.

Honestly had no idea Webbers ever said this 😂 can you elaborate on the policy? Would be interesting to see which of our former stars wouldn’t make it, presumably Hucks and Holt being prime candidates.

I think he said something more along the lines of trying to get to know the player so they'd fit into the group we already had both ability wise and personality wise.

My shout for player that wouldn't make that particular grade would probably be Bradley Johnson.

1 hour ago, chicken said:

Honestly, I don't get the "he should play No.10" argument. He wasn't that creative either. He's a CM who declared that he liked to tackle and play long balls... which is essentially exactly what his youtube highlight reel looked like. He had flashes of skill, but not necessarily the ability to use it in the right positions.

Flattered to deceive would be the term I use. I think at his best he was almost as good as Jonny Howson at his best. But he was far less consistent.

Have to disagree with you there. Post injury, he struggled to regain form and fitness and came back into a team with rock bottom confidence losing week in, week out. 

Before his injury, he was really starting to look the part. His performance at Brentford was exceptional and the reason we won.. That performance alone is the reason we should still be interested. 

There’s never a good time for an injury, but the timing of his was catastrophic for him and for Norwich. 

I think he’s being judged unfairly on his post injury form. He was no worse than anyone else in that period tbh, but his form stood out more because of the expectation he made for himself pre injury. 

He’s a very talented player. 

1 hour ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

He’s a very talented player. 

Possibly, no doubt there were moments of class. I'm not convinced anyone really knows what his best position is. He's certainly not a No.10. He essentially described himself as a combative midfielder - it's arguable whether we ever really saw that.

I'd probably say he is a straight up CM, perhaps a bit box to box. I somewhat doubt we would go for him though as we have now signed Hayden, Sara and Nunez and are seeing signs of Gibbs putting himself firmly in the selection dilemma for a starting position.

If we signed him, he wouldn't be guaranteed a start, and we'd need reassurances he was over his injury issues.

15 hours ago, Crafty Canary said:

The term barge pole comes to mind.

Wasnt that Dion?  😛 😄