Sign in to follow this  
canarybubbles

The last few games have not been hoofball.

This is a climbdown. I now accept that Smith does not want to play hoofball and last season was just a desperate attempt to paper over the cracks of a non-existent midfield. We've often looked fragile in this season so far, but we are at least trying to play football.

I'm not quite a Smith-groupie yet, though. Our defence is still an accident waiting to happen, we are still terrible at set pieces especially defensively, and I am worried that so many of the old squad are still not performing as they did in 18/19 and/or 20/21.

But Smith is safe for now, so he has time to prove that he has what it takes. Let's see.

If there is one thing we can do well, proved by our play as well as our number of passes per game and possestion is that we can hold on to the ball and pass it around very well. Of course sometimes we miss pass it and then gift the oppisition a goal or we just pass it around and nothing happens but that's not exactly hoofball and anybody that says it is needs to visit specsavers

I think hayden will be the making of our season. A proper midfielder. Drop KM, his time is done and has been for a long time, wish he would move back to Scotland. Hayden has the physicality we need. It'll give us some more freedom to play the way we do and he will commit a foul if he really has to

1 hour ago, canarybubbles said:

This is a climbdown. I now accept that Smith does not want to play hoofball and last season was just a desperate attempt to paper over the cracks of a non-existent midfield. We've often looked fragile in this season so far, but we are at least trying to play football.

I'm not quite a Smith-groupie yet, though. Our defence is still an accident waiting to happen, we are still terrible at set pieces especially defensively, and I am worried that so many of the old squad are still not performing as they did in 18/19 and/or 20/21.

But Smith is safe for now, so he has time to prove that he has what it takes. Let's see.

I would have thought the “Farke should return” camp would like this, it shows continuity from when he was in charge?

1 hour ago, canarybubbles said:

We will know when Smith becomes loved when posters start referring to him as Deano😄

Or the crowd start singing (to the Dexy's tune) "aaah oooh Deano"

• Like 1