Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Rashica v Sinani

Rashica vs Sinani  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you prefer we play?

• Rashica
    • Sinani

Sinani - because he's impressed me twice in the space of a week.

I was expecting more at this level from someone with Rashica's pedigree.

Just play the guys who create chances, Rashica should get his fair chance but currently Sinani is producing

Listening to Michael Bailey’s podcast one of the guests made some really insightful comments I thought on why Rashica isn’t suited to us right now.

The one that really stood out was that unlike higher levels Championship teams will double up on him and nullify his effectiveness at one on ones. That’s been evident every time he’s on the pitch.

I thought he’d tear up the Championship given his ability but maybe this just isn’t the right league and system for him.

Sinani was playing in a small league a few years ago and his close control, balance and intelligence shows what a steal he is.

He looks a top championship player. Last season he was in a team with little expectation and therefore now he should have a little more time on the ball as defences concentrate on Cantwell and Pukki etc.

His technique on that volley was perfect.

Sinani is technical, has great delivery, intelligence and reminds me of a little Argentinian maestro.

Rashica will have a good season and will get playing time but has to be consistent. For me Sinani offers a little more at this point and starts, no question 

So many people pants wetting that rachica would leave in the last window now he's what 3rd or 4th choice in his position 😂😂

I think it depends who we are playing and how the game is going.

Sinani looks good and is a clever player. But I do think with him, Todd and Dowell in the side they are all a bit similar in that they like to drop off, play in the same pockets of space and it does lead to us overplaying a bit at times. In some games we will need the directness of Rashica and Onel instead of one of them. But the good thing is we now have 5 or 6 players for those 3 spots who are interchangeable depending on what we need and who is on form. 

23 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Why are we even asking this question? It is - or at least should be - entirely clear who the best choice is at this moment.

The question is being asked so Cambridge can keep up his quota of thread starting

31 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Who would you rather see us play on the wing and why?

This really isnt much of a debate currently.

I would also add that there will be a stronger argument for playing Rashica away from home sometimes when we are likely to need to play on the counter more and there will be more space. Onel I think is currently best as an impact sub. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

The one that really stood out was that unlike higher levels Championship teams will double up on him and nullify his effectiveness at one on ones. That’s been evident every time he’s on the pitch.

Surely that should mean space for someone else elsewhere? But it certainly might explain why he has been ineffective so far.

Most decisive with Sinani is his ability to play the ball early, which Rashica doesn't have. Pukki and now it seems Sargent thrive on early quality service, where Rashica wants to turn and run down blind alleys.

Only one choice atm, madness that we could probably see Milot off before the end of the window and not be worse off 

I've been really impressed with Sinani so far. He can create and score goals and has a bit of physicality about him too. Rashica clearly is a decent footballer but hasn't had much impact since he's been here.

Sinani for now.

But Huddersfield fans seem to have concluded that he blows hot and cold, and is truly dreadful when cold, so I'll assume we are seeing him when he's "hot" and I'll await "cold" with bated breath.

For me though Rashica and Pukki out, and McLean out of centre midfield, and Sargent, Sinani and Gibbs in their place resulted in us having a lot more PASSION and DESIRE and if Rashica and Pukki can't get up for it, then I'd prefer we got what we could for them and reinvested in a new striker.

1 hour ago, GenerationA47 said:

Butterfingers! Meant to press Sinani, obvs

Thank god for that....when I saw poll I couldnt believe even one person voted for Rashica.

What a disappointment he has been... really hoping we get an offer for him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Sinani for now.

But Huddersfield fans seem to have concluded that he blows hot and cold, and is truly dreadful when cold, so I'll assume we are seeing him when he's "hot" and I'll await "cold" with bated breath.

For me though Rashica and Pukki out, and McLean out of centre midfield, and Sargent, Sinani and Gibbs in their place resulted in us having a lot more PASSION and DESIRE and if Rashica and Pukki can't get up for it, then I'd prefer we got what we could for them and reinvested in a new striker.

For me though Rashica and Pukki out, and McLean out of centre midfield, and Sargent, Sinani and Gibbs in their place resulted in us having a lot more PASSION and DESIRE

Youth and want to prove they deserve to be on the pitch

Imagine the suggestion after Rashica signed that just over 12 months later they'd be a poll where he is outvoted 42 votes to 1 in favour of Sinani. A single vote for him, it was probably his mum!

Sadly you could make similar polls about most of our signings last summer 😄 

E.g. Rowe over Tzolis, Gibson over Kabak, most inanimate objects over Gilmour 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Monty13 said:

Listening to Michael Bailey’s podcast one of the guests made some really insightful comments I thought on why Rashica isn’t suited to us right now.

I thought he’d tear up the Championship given his ability but maybe this just isn’t the right league and system for him.

Huckerby didn't have a problem and was often doubled, sometimes tripled up when it came to marking him out the game, but his class always shone through. Never, ever seen that from Rashica and as a result never thought he would do well this season either. Sinani is streets ahead at the moment. I've no doubt Rashica has some ability, and we've seen glimpses but he really needs to adjust the way he plays if he's going to succeed in England.

27 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Sinani for now.

There have been accusations that loan players don’t give their all for the club they’re loaned to, maybe that was the case with Sinani last season and he will be more consistent with us?

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

I think it depends who we are playing and how the game is going.

Sinani looks good and is a clever player. But I do think with him, Todd and Dowell in the side they are all a bit similar in that they like to drop off, play in the same pockets of space and it does lead to us overplaying a bit at times. In some games we will need the directness of Rashica and Onel instead of one of them. But the good thing is we now have 5 or 6 players for those 3 spots who are interchangeable depending on what we need and who is on form. 

Merit in this and I’d suggest the more relevant question should have been Hernandez or Rashica…..

• Like 1

Play them both. Completely different players. With effectively a 16 man matchday team available Smith can be very flexible. I thought Milo looked pretty sharp when he came on. 

Sinani seems to be hitting a bit of form but will have off days. I hope Rashica stays as it's a long season and we need competition for places.

As Sinani is playing well. He should keep his place. And Rashica needs to respond, and prove his worth in training or next opportunity as a Sub. Team selection should be easy. When you win

As we are getting animated about stats.  Sinani goal and assist has nearly matched Rashica from last season and this.

34 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

They are completely different players, Sinani seems to suit our current system better than Rashica.

Yeah, I don’t think anyone has suggested some kind of “have you ever seen them in the same room?” thing. 😉

22 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Play them both. Completely different players. With effectively a 16 man matchday team available Smith can be very flexible. I thought Milo looked pretty sharp when he came on. 

Sinani seems to be hitting a bit of form but will have off days. I hope Rashica stays as it's a long season and we need competition for places.

Rashica was pretty **** when he came on last night.

• Like 1