Sign in to follow this  
Mello Yello

American Investment?....

I glanced into the Director's Box last night and I espied a few faces?......They were sporting some brand spanky Norwich scarfs.....

Just wonderin'.....?

11 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

I wonder if they roll up on Friday evening to watch us play Millwallkee?....

I just hope we can score the soccer grand slam and get a homerun touchdown for them!

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

16 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

the announcement is due in about three weeks time

after the transfer window closes, then? Cunning. 

51 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I think it’s too early for them the announcement is due in about three weeks time as I believe that’s the earliest they can get over to do press duties. 

The deal is done though 

Insider info? I wouldn’t announce before the window closing if we are looking at other business so that lines up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Insider info? I wouldn’t announce before the window closing if we are looking at other business so that lines up.

A personal friend yes, I’ve known them over 20 years so I won’t be naming names on the site. 

As mentioned before deal is done. 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

A personal friend yes, I’ve known them over 20 years so I won’t be naming names on the site. 

As mentioned before deal is done. 

Thanks for sharing. Don't suppose you know (or are prepared to share) whether the deal is simply to buy Foulger's shares or something more than that?

• Like 1

Overblown use of words, it's not an 'investment' for the club, they are simply buying someone else shares. Yes they'll probably have a voice in the club/on the board or whatever so we might see some changes/influence but I don't expect there to be much changes in finances 

11 minutes ago, AJ said:

Overblown use of words, it's not an 'investment' for the club, they are simply buying someone else shares. Yes they'll probably have a voice in the club/on the board or whatever so we might see some changes/influence but I don't expect there to be much changes in finances 

I understand a figure of £10 million will be coming into the club with them but in what shape or form not known.

27 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

The Americans aren’t coming in to hold a minority shareholding for ever. It won’t be immediate but there will be more agreements in principle other than just Foulgers shares . 

Exactly 

i imagine if all goes well at sometime they will be buying Delias and Mwj shares at some point if they all get on and everything goes well 

i Think Delia would sell to someone IF she liked them worked with them for a while and she thought they were right for the club 

maybe this you buy foulger out and then i will sell later on if i think you are right for the club ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

Thanks for sharing. Don't suppose you know (or are prepared to share) whether the deal is simply to buy Foulger's shares or something more than that?

Just the ones mentioned above as far as I am aware but nothing would surprise me. My friend way pretty coy but that’s their usual stance when asked about NCFC matters 

• Thanks 1

I always thought of it as them 'joining the team' for now rather than 'mega bucks transfer whoopee time'.

1 minute ago, Mason 47 said:

I always thought of it as them 'joining the team' for now rather than 'mega bucks transfer whoopee time'.

We couldn’t do that anyway with financial fair play rules 

Just now, Mason 47 said:

With all the crap floating around with some clubs after taken overs i would be happy with that approach. 

The club needs financial help to move things up a gear and not a total buy out in one go. 

Over time yes but not in one go.

2 hours ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

"Thanks for sharing. Don't suppose you know (or are prepared to share) whether the deal is simply to buy Foulger's shares or something more than that?"

Just the ones mentioned above as far as I am aware but nothing would surprise me. My friend way pretty coy but that’s their usual stance when asked about NCFC matters 

The club announced a week or so back that the US deal to buy Foulger's shares has been agreed (and may have been signed by now) and that on the back of that Attanasio will be given a seat on the board for him or one of his associates.

Edited by PurpleCanary

The timing post transfer window so that any new money will not inflate any fees.  It's funny you think there will be any new signings.  Might just be a loan from abroad a CB who can play at LB nice.

3 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

The Americans aren’t coming in to hold a minority shareholding for ever. It won’t be immediate but there will be more agreements in principle other than just Foulgers shares . 

Yes. It seems they have their eye on other existing holdings in addition to Foulger's, but at some point they surely will buy new shares.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

The club announced a week or so back that the US deal to buy Foulger's shares has been agreed (and may have been signed by now) and that on the back of that Attanasio will be given a seat on the board for him or one of his associates.

Where was that announcement?

42 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

Where was that announcement?

It was in the week beginning July 25,by Sam Jeffery, who is head of commercial:

"The club expects the sale of those shares [Foulger's] to be concluded in the coming weeks, and we're really excited by the potential additional expertise that we'll have coming on to the board when that time comes."

3 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Might be a while to go yet but it feels like we could be coming to the end of Smith & Jones. 

Alas .................. 😉

• Like 2

16 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

It was in the week beginning July 25,by Sam Jeffery, who is head of commercial:

"The club expects the sale of those shares [Foulger's] to be concluded in the coming weeks, and we're really excited by the potential additional expertise that we'll have coming on to the board when that time comes."

Ah, we're making assumptions.  I heard it was Robert Chase coming back for a last hurrah and the American stuff is a smokescreen 👀

Share transfers are usually signed off at Board meetings, with the next one being Friday, although, there’s nothing stopping them from completing a transfer at any time, subject to ratification at the next meeting.

9 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

Ah, we're making assumptions.  I heard it was Robert Chase coming back for a last hurrah and the American stuff is a smokescreen 👀

I am sure certain posters here - come on down, Big Vince - would love that! But sadly for him as I understand it the Foulger-Attanasio deal has definitely been agreed, but simply not yet officially signed/signed off (‘concluded’ in the club’s jargon) or rather hadn’t been at the time the club made that statement.

And the statement makes clear the  deal involves a seat on the board for one of the American, and talks about that happening rather than that it might happen. It says ‘…when that time comes…’ rather than ‘…if that time comes…’

1 hour ago, GMF said:

Share transfers are usually signed off at Board meetings, with the next one being Friday, although, there’s nothing stopping them from completing a transfer at any time, subject to ratification at the next meeting.

Just for interest sake @GMF, is there any actual legal reason/compulsion for a ratification, and would the lack of ratification actually be able to prevent the transfer?

44 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Just for interest sake @GMF, is there any actual legal reason/compulsion for a ratification, and would the lack of ratification actually be able to prevent the transfer?

Although there’s organisations who offer secretarial services, the ultimate legal responsibility for maintaining the company share register and issuing new share certificates is with the Club. It’s a formality really. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, GMF said:

Although there’s organisations who offer secretarial services, the ultimate legal responsibility for maintaining the company share register and issuing new share certificates is with the Club. It’s a formality really. 

Interesting information. At a guess with 6,860 shareholders and the age profile of same perhaps 200 new share certificates each year with associated administration costs?