Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Ipswich Town - You Had One Good Player....................

Still a bit raw, but

Looks like he's been playing that role for years. Looked better than £12m Sara which is not an insult on Sara.

I am Team Kenny At Leftback for the time being. McLean will get better in the role and Gibbs deserves time.

Was it pre agreed that him and Kenny would rotate or Kenny just being a ****? 
Bit of wobble ball from Gibbs at the end imho and i feel others impressed me more. 

1 minute ago, Mason 47 said:

Still a bit raw, but

Looks like he's been playing that role for years. Looked better than £12m Sara which is not an insult on Sara.

I am Team Kenny At Leftback for the time being. McLean will get better in the role and Gibbs deserves time.

Sara has not had a chance yet but looks a bit lazy 😕 

He's got a fight on to stay in the match day squad, let alone team when everyone is fit.  We've got some good new players and regulars that may struggle to even make the bench.  Probably 6 starting players and 4 subs from the following 18 (!!) players:

McLean, Hayden, Gibbs, Sara, Nunez, Sorensen, Dowell, Cantwell, Ramsey, Sinani, Hernandez, Springett, Rowe, Rashica, Sargent, Idah, Pukki, Hugill.

Edit - I genuinely can't pick which eight will miss out. Hugill, Rowe, Springett and probably Sorensen seem the most likely, but that's only four.

Edited by All the Germans

2 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Looks like a man who hasn't played 90 minutes since April to me.

Nunez has rather exploded onto the scene and Gibbs is a devious capture from Ipswich/ Acad1, so I'm comfortable with him not looking 100% yet.

On the little bits we've seen I think he looks like a bit of a Bradley Johnson with a lime twist. Give him time.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Give the lad a chance. Coming back from injury, new country, new language etc etc. thought he put himself about when he came on nearly scored and looked decent. Time to settle and get fully match fit think he will be decent.

1 hour ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

And you sold him to us for two footballs and three sets of kit............... cheers lads. 😂😅

IMG_20220707_171939.jpg.1f2cb1eabfc513202b9de7233ae900af.jpg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, All the Germans said:

He's got a fight on to stay in the match day squad, let alone team when everyone is fit.  We've got some good new players and regulars that may struggle to even make the bench.  Probably 6 starting players and 4 subs from the following 18 (!!) players:

McLean, Hayden, Gibbs, Sara, Nunez, Sorensen, Dowell, Cantwell, Ramsey, Sinani, Hernandez, Springett, Rowe, Rashica, Sargent, Idah, Pukki, Hugill.

Edit - I genuinely can't pick which eight will miss out. Hugill, Rowe, Springett and probably Sorensen seem the most likely, but that's only four.

I think when everyone is fit and firing on all cylinders it's likely to be:

Sara, Hayden, Nunez
Sinani, Dowell, Cantwell
Pukki

With Idah fit as well, I don't see Hugill getting much of a look in to be honest. 

Or something that looks like that. Gibbs may have to bide his time but we need depth and at 19, it's good to manage young players by rotating them in and out too keep them fresh.

Edited by chicken
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, chicken said:

Sara, Hayden, Nunez
Sinani, Dowell, Cantwell
Pukki

If Hayden is what we hope he'll be that's a very strong front seven at this level.

12 hours ago, chicken said:

Sara, Hayden, Nunez
Sinani, Dowell, Cantwell
Pukki

With Idah fit as well, I don't see Hugill getting much of a look in to be honest. 

Or something that looks like that. Gibbs may have to bide his time but we need depth and at 19, it's good to manage young players by rotating them in and out too keep them fresh.

Unless you are playing three at the back, you have too many players there!

Edited by All the Germans

46 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Clubs with parachute payments can play 12 this season. New directive.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Him yelling at Krul to calm down and hold onto the ball was pretty funny

Future Captain in the making. 

9 hours ago, All the Germans said:

Sssshhh, the refs are so awful they might not notice. lol! 😳😅

Sara, Hayden
Sinani, Nunez, Cantwell
Pukki

Don't post whilst you're tired kids. 

It's funny how a single transfer window can change how a midfield feels. Gibbs, Hayden and Sorensen for holding/DM. Sara/McLean as the ball carrying option. Nunez can do the role of Sara/McLean but also fit into the No.10 role or perhaps one of the wide roles.

Edited by chicken

2 minutes ago, chicken said:

Sara, Hayden
Sinani, Nunez, Cantwell
Pukki

It's funny how a single transfer window can change how a midfield feels. Gibbs, Hayden and Sorensen for holding/DM. Sara/McLean as the ball carrying option. Nunez can do the role of Sara/McLean but also fit into the No.10 role or perhaps one of the wide roles.

I'd probably go similar (although Dowell can feel hard done by and would consider him instead of Cantwell or Sara). The next question is, which four of the following would be on your bench and by extension, which 8 miss out on the squad entirely?

McLean, Gibbs, Sorensen, Dowell, Ramsey, Hernandez, Springett, Rowe, Rashica, Sargent, Idah, Hugill.

10 hours ago, All the Germans said:

I'd probably go similar (although Dowell can feel hard done by and would consider him instead of Cantwell or Sara). The next question is, which four of the following would be on your bench and by extension, which 8 miss out on the squad entirely?

McLean, Gibbs, Sorensen, Dowell, Ramsey, Hernandez, Springett, Rowe, Rashica, Sargent, Idah, Hugill.

Surely at the moment we have enough talent that Ramsey is surplus!   Every time  he plays it prevents one of our own from developing!   And Rowe and Springett should always be ahead of him!   

Another good game from Gibbs. Very tidy indeed. Is he our new Skipp? Nuñez our new Emi? 

Things looking a lot rosier than last week

Very telling that there hasn't been one thread on TWTD about OUR Gibbs. 

Maybe they're all crying onto their girlfriends/sisters/mother's (same person obviously) shoulders and can't bring themselves to discuss his games here 🤣🤣🤣

5 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Very telling that there hasn't been one thread on TWTD about OUR Gibbs. 

Maybe they're all crying onto their girlfriends/sisters/mother's (same person obviously) shoulders and can't bring themselves to discuss his games here 🤣🤣🤣

I think they're too busy jizzing themselves about being top of Division 1 after 4 games to worry about what's going on in the higher echelons of football...................

Looks like a special player to me. Good on the ball and off it, shows maturity, gets stuck in, usually makes the right decision, is physically good enough already. I'm very excited about him, crazy that was only his 3rd start, if he develops more over this season we'll be lucky to hold onto him if we don't go up. 

Really like this lad from what I've seen so far. Reads the game well, makes himself available, passes well off either foot and doesn't over-complicate things. 

Excited to see him develop. 

5 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Really like this lad from what I've seen so far. Reads the game well, makes himself available, passes well off either foot and doesn't over-complicate things. 

Excited to see him develop. 

The way that he always shows for the ball and then when he gets it makes a simple but effective pass, reminds me a lot of Leitner in our first promotion season under Farke. 

• Like 1

When he came on as a sub vs Cardiff a few weeks back, someone on here said we should loan him out to a League One or Two side for the season, no chance. That place in the middle is his to lose now.

• Like 1

Yep. Looking good. Gibbs and Nuñez as a base, can even put Sara at 10 if want a bit more physicality than a Dowell/Cantwell. Suddenly starting to look promising. 

On 17/08/2022 at 22:51, chicken said:

Sara, Hayden
Sinani, Nunez, Cantwell
Pukki

I have the massive benefit of hindsight obviously, but after tonight’s game there’s one name screaming to be added to your team Chicken! Just goes to show how things evolve quickly. 

13 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I have the massive benefit of hindsight obviously, but after tonight’s game there’s one name screaming to be added to your team Chicken! Just goes to show how things evolve quickly. 

Yup, happy with that. Just goes to show you goals can give confidence along with wins and all of a sudden we have other players finding form and doing well.

I will also say that I was bang on about Sargent over Hugill despite some people on here seemingly thinking they're better qualified than the Norwich coaching team...