Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****Official Lapps Match Thread v Huddersfield (L/h) *****

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

Sargent playing really well, his movement and runs are as good as we’ve seen from Pukki this year and certainly gives us a good arial presence too!

Pukki, Pukki, who the F is Pukki

1 minute ago, percy varco said:

He is a player who relies on through balls to run onto and who without such service should play as a #10. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

I am LOVING Nunez- what a player. 

Totally agree. He also seems like a top lad as well, always smiling and seemingly loving it so far which is great to see.

• Like 1

It does make you wonder - as much as Pukki is undoubtedly a Hall of Famer when he goes - if his excellence inadvertently stifled a few of the other players.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

2-0 is the most dangerous score in football. 

Not quite, but 2-0 at half time is. But I’m optimistic here. 

Well, impressive start again. Still thinking we neeed som reinforcement before the end of the window. Would like to get rid of Rashica and to get at least a defender, a winger and a striker in. Any rumours?

3 minutes ago, percy varco said:

Someone who we should cash in on and go get Clarke-Harris with the wonga 😜

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor

It is becoming increasingly obvious that Liam Gibbs is a proper player. There is a lot of competition in midfield and he is beginning to cement his place. 

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

It does make you wonder - as much as Pukki is undoubtedly a Hall of Famer when he goes - if his excellence inadvertently stifled a few of the other players.

As good as Pukki is, he's a little one dimensional. Sargent (I'm eating humble pie) gives us more options and not just running onto passes 

1 minute ago, corbs said:

Not quite, but 2-0 at half time is. But I’m optimistic here. 

The first 15 minutes 2nd half is vital. 

Just now, Canary Wundaboy said:

When are we ever?!

We still need to strengthen our defence this window

13 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

i said it Yesterday i think the team tries and play to much to set pukki up 

maybe getting ahead of my self as one game and not won yet but why would you drop Sargent for pukki ?

for me this team starts next time if the score stays the same 

If fit, absolutely Pukki should be ahead of Sargent. I don't care if he scores a hattrick today, Pukki is lots better.

8 minutes ago, Ramrod said:

Would it be worth trying Cantwell as a wing back. 

Absolutely not. I can't think of anyone less suited to a wing back role. No pace, no strength, not a big engine, poor in the air, wanders around to other positions. He's decent as part of an attacking wide forward, but wing back would be suicide.

6 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Rashica and Gibson out and we look good. Huh

4 minutes ago, Ramrod said:

It is becoming increasingly obvious that Liam Gibbs is a proper player. There is a lot of competition in midfield and he is beginning to cement his place. 

Was funny when he started yelling and shouting at Krul to calm down and hold onto the ball

3 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

As good as Pukki is, he's a little one dimensional. Sargent (I'm eating humble pie) gives us more options and not just running onto passes 

Sargent gives you an authentic winger option as then banging crosses in becomes a viable tactic. Would like to see Rashica come on second half. I'm certain he suffers badly from Pukki being the main attacker, and would be better with someone big to aim at.

5 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Decent half but not entirely convicing at the back.

I think that is something we have to put up with. Harry Maguire cost £80M and he isn't doing too much impressive.

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

XG catching up with us at last? 😉

aG is more relevant 😏

15 minutes ago, Ramrod said:

Would it be worth trying Cantwell as a wing back. 

No. That role needs a lot of physicality. Either you've got plenty of pace, or you've got an exceptional engine where you can keep going hard later on in games. Cantwell's not got either of them.

He's most dangerous in the opposition half when the game is stretched, not getting up and down.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

If fit, absolutely Pukki should be ahead of Sargent. I don't care if he scores a hattrick today, Pukki is lots better.

Why would you drop someone in some sort of goalscoring form for someone who's been far off the pace so far. 

Don't pick names pick form, Sargent's offering more so far so he gets the shirt.

4 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Absolutely not. I can't think of anyone less suited to a wing back role. No pace, no strength, not a big engine, poor in the air, wanders around to other positions. He's decent as part of an attacking wide forward, but wing back would be suicide.

So replace someone who scored and playing well with someone who is out of form and not scored this season ? 

i get your point that Pukki is hall of fame player and scored many goals over the years but we can not change a side that hopefully will win the first game tonight 

6 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Not on this season’s form he isn’t, if Sarg bags a hatty he will start next game. Hell, he’s close to having earned another start already!

• Like 1

Really starting to like Nunez. Starting to feel some hope that maybe he could be the "next Buendia" for us