Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****Official Lapps Match Thread v Huddersfield (L/h) *****

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Not what I would have picked, but we'll see.

OTBC

Much as I'm not the biggest fan of Rashica least he's quick, Dowell and Cantwell on the wings really offers no speed or pace up top, which is an issue

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Hopefully he'll be feeling reflective on how it was that he found himself there, and then commit to working hard on cutting out the mistakes. 

I don’t think Gibson makes that many mistakes the sad thing is that as a centre back if you make one it usually leads to a goal. 

2 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

How must Ben Gibson feel being on the bench when Kenny McLean is playing left back. 

Surely would of made more sense to shift Big Andy to left back and play Hanley and Gibson together? 

I think it's probably the Sorenson paradigm. All 3 senior CBs starting is a risk to injury + suspension that we absolutely can't take with the LB situation, Gibbo probably has less match fitness at this point too 

• Like 1

2-0 Huddersfield,  Carrow Rd turns into a cauldron of rage with tutting and tsking to be heard from as far as the Lower River End at full time.... 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Much as I'm not the biggest fan of Rashica least he's quick, Dowell and Cantwell on the wings really offers no speed or pace up top, which is an issue

Last time doing this Cantwell and Buendia werent exactly speed demons and we did ok

Deano obviously isn't brave enough to go three at the back  but is brave enough to experiment. I am hoping this goes well. 

How fit has Sara got to be to start?

3 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Have a very bad feeling about Pukki's absence.

In terms of him being transferred? Smith did say he’d picked up a knock on his foot but it seemed the expectation was that he’d be available - must've been a set back.

After all this week's fun talk of xG, I've looked carefully at our starting XI and can say that I am not expecting us to score seven tonight.

• Haha 3

Just now, Hank shoots Skyler said:

In terms of him being transferred? Smith did say he’d picked up a knock on his foot but it seemed the expectation was that he’d be available - must've been a set back.

Injured or on his way? Either is pretty bad news. Hope we've got someone lined up...

Just now, Robert N. LiM said:

After all this week's fun talk of xG, I've looked carefully at our starting XI and can say that I am not expecting us to score seven tonight.

Can you get a negative xG? 😉

OTBC

Just now, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Can you get a negative xG? 😉

OTBC

Of course. xG-xGA = xGD. Didn't they teach you anything at school?

How ridiculous,Archant don't even publish the team sheet now in the EDP.

Its just been put up.I thought it was being a bit petty.

Edited by Grumpy

From the huddersfield Forum

"Carrow Road is an utter graveyard for Town, if anyone think it's going to be different Tuesday after yesterday think again, they'll bury us. Them being bottom means nothing, from all reports they are dominating games and creating stacks of chances but not putting them away, I hope that continues Tuesday but can't see anything other than a crushing."

"Another humiliating defeat" = 59%

"They’re reporting injuries as a big blow so hoping to get a draw at least"

"Good lineup imo im feeling pretty optimistic tonight and going for a 1-1 draw. Jordan rhodes to score late on"

"Anjorin could be a big miss in a game like this where quality is needed to unlock the opposition."

"Norwich fans already pissing and moaning about their team selection on Twitter. Early Town goal or a solid and frustrating defensive display and you just never know."

"What about Jacob SorensenDanny Grant?! It's not a matchday thread until someone moans about him not being in the squad!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

How fit has Sara got to be to start?

Fit enough? I'd suggest that as Gibbs has played very well and Nunez looks special, this is the right central midfield choice.

Poor old Smith, having to choose between starting Hugill or Sargent is like choosing which toe you want cut off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Injured or on his way? Either is pretty bad news. Hope we've got someone lined up...

If Smith was putting out smoke and mirrors with the injury claim to hide a transfer then I don’t think he’d have made it seem like Pukki would play tonight. So I’m thinking it’s just a set back and hopefully just a precautionary one!

• Like 1

Now I love Pukki, but in all fairness apart from his obvious injury problem, I think it would have been a wise choice to leave him out of the team anyway. I personally think that his heart hasn't really been in it so far this season.

1 minute ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

If Smith was putting out smoke and mirrors with the injury claim to hide a transfer then I don’t think he’d have made it seem like Pukki would play tonight. So I’m thinking it’s just a set back and hopefully just a precautionary one!

Yeah, fair enough. Might be confirmation bias, but it seems like all our press conference announcements go something like

Monday, Week one: "x took a knock on Saturday, should be fine for tomorrow"

Friday, week one: "Tuesday came too soon for x, but he should be fine for tomorrow"

Monday, week two: "It was a bit more serious than we thought; x has had a scan: he'll be out for a couple of weeks"

Monday, year three: "We've cancelled x's contract with mutual consent. Really sorry that that injury has ruined his time here."

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Have a very bad feeling about Pukki's absence.

He's not a happy man right now, as seen on the pitch.  A break isn't going to hurt him in my opinion.