Sign in to follow this  
kenfoggo

Ultimately

We've been spoiled in recent years with Neil and Farke who spoke their mind to the media and gave some good speaches. Smith only does football speak and whether you find it inspiring or not it won't matter one jot to the players. This is the norm and you can't expect most managers to enjoy the media side of their job, Farke was good at giving the fans a lift from press confrences but I suspect Smith is just focused on lifting the place by working to get some points on the board. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Isn't that ' basically ' ? 😇

Hey I didn’t create the English language 🤷‍♂️

Just pointing out what he said was perfectly correct and not how the OP interpreted it. 

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

This is the most bizarre attempt at relating two completely unrelatable aspects of football i've seen 😂

I thought i  read the other day you were suggesting not posting on a match day and leaving the forum to those who don't follow your take on things hoggy ?

Look at the different expectation levels, Schofield will have been tasked with keeping Huddersfield in the Championship whereas Smith will no doubt be aware that he's expected to get promotion or at least reach the play-offs.

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

I thought i  read the other day you were suggesting not posting on a match day and leaving the forum to those who don't follow your take on things hoggy ?

There’s more chance of Sargent scoring than that happening 🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

After the match, shockingly. Thought that would be obvious, but as always....

5 hours ago, hogesar said:

This is the most bizarre attempt at relating two completely unrelatable aspects of football i've seen 😂

Quite. This is at a bit of a tangent, but the best threads are those that go off-piste a bit. One of the frequent comments I've seen is that Farke's team had a personality and Smith's doesn't. There are special circumstances last season which meant Smith kept chopping and changing tactics and formation to try to get a result, any result.

But I think in part this perceived difference is because Farke had such an outsized personality, and so his team was seen as having a strong identity too. He was able to be funny in a foreign language and to express all sorts of nuances. That is not easy, even if you speak this second language well. Smith by comparison cannot compete with that kind of fluency, so his team is seen as colourless.

I don't push this notion very far, but I think it has an element of truth in it.

Edited by PurpleCanary
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, hogesar said:

After the match, shockingly. Thought that would be obvious, but as always....

You really should try to drop your smartar$e looking down at people attitude that stinks out an awful lot of your posts just now and again.

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

You really should try to drop your smartar$e looking down at people attitude that stinks out an awful lot of your posts just now and again.

Maybe if you stopped trying to find opportunities to take the most pointless, inane jabs at me when I've got no interest, then you wouldn't need to put up with them, would you? Or even better, add me to your block list 🙂

I get along perfectly fine with people who are sensible on here.

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Maybe if you stopped trying to find opportunities to take the most pointless, inane jabs at me when I've got no interest, then you wouldn't need to put up with them, would you? Or even better, add me to your block list 🙂

I get along perfectly fine with people who are sensible on here.

No interest but of course you couldn't help yourself but reply and just to be clear i don't have a block list,absolutely not. As for your sensible comment it just highlights what i was saying.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

There’s more chance of Sargent scoring than that happening 🤣🤣🤣

That aged well!