Sign in to follow this  
Google Bot

Never known such an inconsistent time for our club badge

Anyone else notice all the different ways third parties use our badge nowadays?  Look at this:

Post image

Didn't even notice Nunez as so used to looking out for yellow.

Supposed to be more consistent, but you see it filled, not filled, white, black, bordered, not bordered.  etc.

8 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Anyone else notice all the different ways third parties use our badge nowadays?  Look at this:

Post image

Didn't even notice Nunez as so used to looking out for yellow.

Supposed to be more consistent, but you see it filled, not filled, white, black, bordered, not bordered.  etc.

At least the background is green?

Well yeh, you didn't actually believe their bullsh*t excuse for changing it about making it "ready for the digital age" (that thing we've been in for over two decades) did you? 😂 just because the club have changed the badge to apparently make it more consistent, they have no say over which badge other media outlets choose to use, and as you've rightly said, I've already seen plenty of inconsistencies like this too. 

It is more consistant... but that's not the same as saying they'll only ever use the same badge. They've not really argued that, nor is it new.

Full badge, canary on ball badge on mug with background colour removed... had em all.

They’ve used the badge that goes with the kit we used, as they do when showing the kits (usually). Standard practice. Really nothing to see here, it’s kind-of what you’d expect and the whole point of the digital-age thing.  I can’t believe this needs explaining, I’m in my 50s and ‘get’ it.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

They’ve used the badge that goes with the kit we used, as they do when showing the kits (usually). Standard practice. Really nothing to see here, it’s kind-of what you’d expect and the whole point of the digital-age thing.  I can’t believe this needs explaining, I’m in my 50s and ‘get’ it.

Great points. Thanks Branston. 

57 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Couldn’t agree less.  If you have an identifiable brand, you don’t dilute it.  Digital or not.  Basic stuff. 

15 minutes ago, Kingston Yellow said:

Couldn’t agree less.  If you have an identifiable brand, you don’t dilute it.  Digital or not.  Basic stuff. 

You might not agree ‘less’ but it is factually correct!!!  

We used our third kit, that is the image which goes with it. You are confusing not liking something to it being ‘wrong’.

I think that’s “basic stuff”🙂.   

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Kingston Yellow said:

Ok, so Nike's tick... It can be a single block of colour, white, black, pink, blue, red... any colour you want it to be more or less. It can be just an outline on the main colour of the garment/shoe. It is also depicted with 'Nike' and without it.

Adidas
Evolution of the Adidas logo
At least two of those logo's exist without the "adidas". 

There are tons of examples of a 'consistent' logo adapted for different branding in different places. I have old NCFC sweatbands which was just the club badge in plain green printed onto a yellow sweatband. I have had stuff in the past with just he Canary on the ball. Over the years I have had variations of both on club merch.

The point is now, in it's digital form, it can do all of that without loss of the design itself, so the lion isn't boss-eyed and the castle looks less like a bouncy castle. It also means if the Canary is depicted it will be the same one from the main badge without it appearing to be different. That's what they meant by "consistent". 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

I get that in regards to kits where design & looks is the key factor and it's brilliant to see that used..

But our identity outside of that should be consistent in my opinion.  I can't be the only one who naturally looks out for our traditional yellow/green colours?  All these years it's been our key identity.

I would just expect that to be maintained whether it was Sky sport, BT, EFL etc. 

Edited by Google Bot

It’s consistently the same badge it’s just in different colours, don’t see why the badge always has to be yellow and green it’s instantly recognisable on looking at it for what it is.

As has been pointed out it is the same badge every single time, it's just coloured differently (which is fine and shows that the design can remain the same with a different colour palette being used).

When the OSP were presented the rebrand one of the main reasons for the change was the incorrect versions of the old badge were being used by clubs/broadcasters all the time.  There was a version that Man City used where the ball had 1905 written on it, I mean wtf?

If anything the club deserve a pat on the back for actually rolling this out successfully.

Yellow & Green. That's the brand ain't it? Get the pantone out in the marketing department, obey the brand guidelines, it is still yellow & green. Anything else and the brand is being weakened. 

Yellow & Green!

5 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Yellow & Green. That's the brand ain't it? Get the pantone out in the marketing department, obey the brand guidelines, it is still yellow & green. Anything else and the brand is being weakened. 

Yellow & Green!

It's Green and Yellow... 🤪😬😅