On 15/08/2022 at 13:38, A Load of Squit said:

Probably because most people confuse Pukki's body language with him just acting typically Finnish.

Finland is number 1 in the world Happiness Index and this is their Prime Minister with her friends, so don't know where you are going with this one?

21 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Finland is number 1 in the world Happiness Index and this is their Prime Minister with her friends, so don't know where you are going with this one?

Compare and  contrast:

Edited by MooreMarriot

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I've spent quite a bit of time there and Pukki is typically Finnish, they have a very understated way of speaking, it's something to do with they way they emphasise the first syllable in each word. They can seem very dour but they are actually having a good time. A good example is Kimi Raikkonen.

The Finns are very happy during the summer, they'll stop and talk to you for ages but when the days get shorter they just want to get to the next thing they are doing. It used to be the case that the suicide rate used to go up in the winter.

As has been mentioned body language is part of a wide range of observation factors that work together with analytics as part of the scouting process;   its a balanced holistic approach that gives the best chance of a good signing,  rather than using just one or another. 

most people know of the RBF (resting b!tch face) phenomena - some players (see the earlier chris waddle reference) portray a poor body language.   The opposite is also possible, and  there is also the Andy Hughes effect - huge positive energy but low quality.   

Not seen the body language issue brought up in the last two league wins, shock horror. It's almost as if players don't like losing and that reflects in their body language at times, as opposed to having some detest for playing for NCFC.

Hmmm - Leaving the pitch looking a bit disappointed after losing the lead in injury time and then a close penalty shoot out?  How very dare they!!! 

• Like 1

On 15/08/2022 at 16:13, The Real Buh said:

image.thumb.jpeg.bbacbba8f3edf52333ab1e5f519cfc5d.jpeg

This is poor body language

This is OCCARD 🤣🤣

15 hours ago, RobertRosariosBeefTomatoes said:

Of course, I'd be very worried if you spend your life in public unable to read basic body language! As a human, generally you should be able to understand basic human traits. If you think that a 'degree' is needed for this then I wish you all the best!

I think you only need to look at some of the opinions on here that people generally are not experts on body language. Especially those who profess to be and who dismiss the need for any form of qualification.

I say that because of experience too. It is very easy to misread body language. It can differ from culture to culture, society to society. Look at how the stereotypes are of people further north being more chipper than those in the south east and how you'd get frowned upon for wearing a smile and saying "good morning" in London. Quite a common and oft repeated observation.

The other influence is bias. A player might be feeling deflated after or during a defeat. They might feel like they are playing within themselves and frustrated at not hitting the highs they know they can reach during a game. The closest people will be is on the front row, and even then, they will be capturing glimpses. The further away you are, the more micro expressions you will be unable to see. The subtle differences between closely related emotions will be missed and lost.

So if you don't mind, I will choose to ignore assumption plastered with bias - because that's what is being put forward here. 

14 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Hmmm - Leaving the pitch looking a bit disappointed after losing the lead in injury time and then a close penalty shoot out?  How very dare they!!! 

No, no, no, NO!

Clearly they just don't want to be here. They hate Smith - both of them, and they are especially p!ssed off that Doris the tea lady keeps giving them one sugar when they have asked for two. That every pair of socks they get, the left one is a size bigger. That they don't like the colour of the trim in the changing room, or that it's beech and not oak effect vinyl. They are also missing their dog Albert, and have fallen out with their girlfriends, hamsters', best friends', owners' postman. And I can tell you all of this from their body language read from the back row of the upper Barclay with my -11.6 prescription bifocal lenses.

🤪😅

Edited by chicken
  • Like 1