Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Todays injury updates- Lungi out weeks, Pukki foot issue

"Lungi unfortunately had a scan yesterday and has a stress fracture in his foot, putting him out for a number of weeks.

Teemu’s got a bruised foot. He’s having an x-ray this morning and he played the rest of the game, so we’re hopeful he’ll be okay.

It’s unprecedented to lose three players in one position. Byram trained, but tomorrow might be too early. “We’ll look in the market but for Tuesday we'll have to look for other options within the squad. "There's not an option to recall Bali until January."

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

We need another LB end of as the clock is already ticking on Byram's next injury. 

No defensive midfielder either until Hayden gets fit.

Huge reliance on us keeping the ball and stopping these stupid errors. We can't go chasing games with a fragile defence and midfield.

Is Brandon Williams actually playing for anyone?!? That would be an awesome loan for this division.

• Like 6

Maybe we need to change to three at the back with Tomkinson coming in? Maybe 3421 with Max pushed into the four with Kenny, Liam and A N Other

Has it ever happened before in the top few tiers of football? All three players in the same positioned injured within about a week?

7 minutes ago, astro said:

Maybe we need to change to three at the back with Tomkinson coming in? Maybe 3421 with Max pushed into the four with Kenny, Liam and A N Other

Smith also said that Tomkinson and Springett will play for the U23s today, so they're not in contention for tomorrow night. We have Hanley, Gibbo and Omo fit, though, so we could potentially play 3-4-2-1... but we still have the problem that there's no natural left wing-back fit at the moment. Possibly Onel?

Personally I'd be reluctant to switch to a back three just now, we are at least making chances and our new signings are slowly getting up to speed. Fingers crossed that Byram can stay fit and plug the gap, but a short-term emergency loan would certainly be useful.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, astro said:

Its not a bad shout. I think even Onel has played as a wingback whilst on loan.

• Like 1

Onel wing back has to be the answer. Think the squad would suit a 3-5-2 anyway. Likes of Rashica doing **** all from the wing anyway.

Kenny at LB would be the obvious choice if we're sticking with 4 at the back, if not as others have said Onel could do a job either on the left or right with 3 at the back. 

Seems like we've been getting a lot of stress fractures/ bone injury in the past 12 months. Omobamidele, Rowe and now Sorenson, with McCallum also doing his metatarsal. 

Pukki also bruising his foot taking a shot 🤨

• Haha 1

I think we have to go three at the back and trust in Gibson. I think three at the back and maybe two up front could give us greater attacking strength.

I think Onel could even do a job up front (wait for the howls of derision). We have no pace to concern CBs and Teemu doesn't play that game. Onel at the old inside left position has the pace to turn and go rather than having to think of crossing it in front of the Snakepit.

3421 would allow Cantwell and Sinani to support Pukki, meaning we could drop Rashica - what’s not to like?

i thought Gibson had a niggle? 

I’m sure the Xg will make up for the injuries as it seems so many on here think it’s more important than anything else 🤣🤣🤣

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Haus said:

could we recall Mumba ? 

Not until January according to the quote in the OP. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, astro said:

3421 would allow Cantwell and Sinani to support Pukki, meaning we could drop Rashica - what’s not to like?

i thought Gibson had a niggle? 

The inclusion of Cantwell. He's totally ineffective without a creative fulcrum. Better off with Dowell, creates more and has a better shot on him. 

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

52 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

I’m sure the Xg will make up for the injuries as it seems so many on here think it’s more important than anything else 🤣🤣🤣

Don't forget all that possession!

1 hour ago, Mason 47 said:

Seems like we've been getting a lot of stress fractures/ bone injury in the past 12 months. Omobamidele, Rowe and now Sorenson, with McCallum also doing his metatarsal. 

Pukki also bruising his foot taking a shot 🤨

Need to up the calcium in the recommended diet clearly 🐄

2 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

You would have thought Xg would have seen all this coming.

• Haha 2

Folly to send out players early on in the transfer window 2 weeks to go.  Smith sent Bali on loan as soon as possible in January and again in August.  Smith doesn't rate he must be good.  To come back when Smith sacked, until then we shall swim around the relegation zone.

I thought loaning Mumba out when we did was questionable (esepcially as we will no doubt still be tempted to sell Max if we get a decent offer) and now it looks like an error. Yes its unlucky to have three full backs injured at the same time but when planning our squad we should just assume Byram is going to be injured and if he's fit its a bonus. We also knew McCullum missed a fair amount of last season. Once again, we face the prospect of having midfielders play in defence for a chunk of the season which has not been an uncommon theme under Webber.

4 hours ago, hogesar said:

Has it ever happened before in the top few tiers of football? All three players in the same positioned injured within about a week?

Smith obviously hasn;t watched any of our previous seasons then where we've regularly had 3 or 4 centre backs out injured at the same time. 

The problem with Lungi being out is that he was talked of as cover for several positions - DM, LB, CB

We are exposed in all three positions at the moment. Fortunately Gibbs has stepped up so let’s hope he can keep performing and keep fit. If somebody is to be brought in, then a utility player that can cover all these spots is really what’s needed.

Sara did not make the bench on Saturday I have not read any commentary as to why. Carrying a knock, still not fit? Anybody know?