Sign in to follow this  

So, first it was Huddersfield. Then it was Sheffield United. For a little while before then it was Swansea, and right now its Forest and hipster favorite Brentford

But those are boring. Who else can we wish we were? I see Blackburn are unbeaten. So lads, why aren't we Blackburn?

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

For me it will always be: "why didn't we stick with our winning system like Brentford did?"... 

We were better than them. They incrementally improved in their weakest areas while we ripped up our system and started again. Also a special shout out for Brighton who basically turned into a rich man's Swansea. 

17 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

I bet none of those clubs have half time zorb action. 

Do other clubs have a director who speaks about not caring what the fans think and how he would rather be up a mountain? No?

Shows how world class we are 😉

35 minutes ago, Petriix said:

For me it will always be: "why didn't we stick with our winning system like Brentford did?"... 

We were better than them. They incrementally improved in their weakest areas while we ripped up our system and started again. Also a special shout out for Brighton who basically turned into a rich man's Swansea. 

Same old argument. It was only a winning system due to the players, I don’t believe we would have won the league at a canter without Skipp and Buendia.

When we lost one and sold the other, in hindsight I don’t think it mattered we changed the system. 

As you said Brentford incrementally improved their weakest areas, we massively downgraded our strongest. 

25 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Do other clubs have a director who speaks about not caring what the fans think and how he would rather be up a mountain? No?

Shows how world class we are 😉

Plenty of clubs have directors/owners who don't care what the fans think. I doubt the glazers are bothered about man utd fans as they pocket their 50 million a year. Newcastles owner was once caught saying Geordie girls were all dogs or something. 

Harsh as it is. Their priority is to make money if of it upsets a few people. So what. 

58 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

So, first it was Huddersfield. Then it was Sheffield United. For a little while before then it was Swansea, and right now its Forest and hipster favorite Brentford

But those are boring. Who else can we wish we were? I see Blackburn are unbeaten. So lads, why aren't we Blackburn?

whats wierd is you seem to be the only one who ever raises the subject of why arent we xx

so who is this actually a dig at?

3 minutes ago, South Sider said:

whats wierd is you seem to be the only one who ever raises the subject of why arent we xx

so who is this actually a dig at?

You ignoring the threads on the front page jerking off about how great Brentford and Forest are?

7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You ignoring the threads on the front page jerking off about how great Brentford and Forest are?

always worth another thread isnt it cambridge

cant let someone else get the attention from a discussion that doesnt involve you

you absolutely do the why arent we thing all the time. since you apparnetly dont like it if you stopped it would seem less of a thing

14 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

The irony of you commenting on people not reading other threads! 

39 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I think you’ll find it was actually Charlton, first. But of course, now we’re glad we’re not. 

Believe there was also a time gone by where we left Southampton behind after League One, then they overtook us, and that was the model to follow.

In fairness, its probably stood the test of time. 

33 minutes ago, South Sider said:

wow

its 2022 fyi

Over here groups of girls refer to each other as lads , as in cmon lads , "shots are half price down the road'. Or when watching ladies gaa football they'd scream 'cmon lads !!!'  .   'lads' is rapidly losing its gender. Same as 'Guys'... Women use that a lot to refer to each other. 

Edited by wcorkcanary

24 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Over here groups of girls refer to each other as lads , as in cmon lads , "shots are half price down the road'. Or when watching ladies gaa football they'd scream 'cmon lads !!!'  .   'lads' is rapidly losing its gender. Same as 'Guys'... Women use that a lot to refer to each other. 

thats as may be for where you are

but I can assure you that where ive lived (norfolk, tyneside, kent and west country) we do not refer to each other as lads ever

never

but anyway corky, in this context it was clearly a lads lads reference wasnt it

16 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

To be fair you've been pretty relentless 'jerking off' as you put it about Nottm Forest's spending all summer.

17 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

To be fair you've been pretty relentless 'jerking off' as you put it about Nottm Forest's spending all summer.

Fair? Capt When does that come into it! 

I may be wrong but I think he has started some threads on other subjects too - happy to be corrected though! 😉 

24 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

If anything I have been negative saying how it's going to ruin their finances and how that many players won't gell