Aarons Hanley Omobamidele Gibson
      Sinani Nunez Gibbs Hernandez
                    Hugill Pukki

33 minutes ago, Thingy said:

Krul
                    Hugill Pukki

Probably the best team. I do think Omobamidele looks a bit of a liability currently but will only improve with gametime. I would also prefer Gunn in goal.

1 hour ago, Thingy said:

Krul
                    Hugill Pukki

Don’t think that’s a bad XI, although I would bring McLean in for Gibbs and Cantwell for Hernandez. Gibson is also rumoured to have played at LB in the past on Transfermarket

9 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

Don’t think that’s a bad XI, although I would bring McLean in for Gibbs and Cantwell for Hernandez. Gibson is also rumoured to have played at LB in the past on Transfermarket

Sorry yes, I agree. Cantwell should be starting in my opinion.

I have changed slightly from my earlier team bringing Gibson in the place of McLean, leaving it as:

Krul

Aarons  Omobamidele Hanley Gibson

Nunez Sara Gibbs Cantwell

Pukki  Hugill

Gibbs will be a big player for us in the near future.

3 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Yeah, how long will it be before the club realises it’s suicide not to buy four CDMs and 17 centre backs??? 😡

Edit: and eight left backs. 😳

Having 2 in case one gets injured might be a reasonable compromise.

Last time we had Skipp and Tettey.

3 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Having 2 in case one gets injured might be a reasonable compromise.

Last time we had Skipp and Tettey.

This time we have Hayden and Sorensen. Not the same obviously but isn't that the plan, as far as it’s possible to tell?

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

This time we have Hayden and Sorensen. Not the same obviously but isn't that the plan, as far as it’s possible to tell?

No, this time we have Hayden and Gibbs. Have confidence in our own players.

2 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

We had Sorensen last time, that’s the issue in terms of depth.

The above post was the basic gist of my post.  We do not have anyone currently available who can anchor the midfield to give any support to the defence.  We are also limited in giving the misfiring attack any support.  Nunez apart there has been little promise in midfield, sorry to Gibbs he is at least promising.  Sinani has shown he could be an option but Deano not keen.  Sara hopefully can supplement Nunez and be our saviour but needs to get fully fit, maybe not Tuesday.  Still then midfield struggles are to be expected but Nunez will be our hope.

2 hours ago, HazzaJet said:

Onel provides some width so defenders move wide to mark him. It would also mean our make-shift left-back can focus on defending rather than making forward runs. On the right, Max provides the width so don't really need a winger on the right.                      

Krul
                    Hugill Pukki

If you replace McLean with a cardboard cut out , so that nobody gets confused , make sure that is a pointing figure. Nobody will notice the difference then. The cardboard cut out may even be better at taking penalties.

Edited by kenfoggo

I'd be tempted to switch to a back 3 as has been discussed elsewhere.

Krul

Hanley   Omobamidele    Gibson

Aarons                                                                 Hernandez

McLean    Nunez

Cantwell

Hugill        Pukki 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, king canary said:

Krul

Aarons                                                                 Hernandez

McLean    Nunez

Cantwell

Hugill        Pukki 

Not too a bad plan - 3-5-2 might suit us for the circumstances, Idah instead of Hugill would be nice but not quite ready yet.

The list of players out (9) is pretty astonishing - Byram, Sam, Dimi, Sorensen, Sara, Hayden, Idah, Springett and Rowe - though some are hopefully ready to start soon.

You might expect occasional times to have a fair few missing, but surely not at this early point in the season.  Someone must have run over a few black cats!! 

Krul

Aarons AdamO Hanley Gibson

Gibbs Nunez 

Sinani        Cantwell     Hernandez

Pukkmeister3000

7 hours ago, king canary said:

Krul

McLean    Nunez

Cantwell

Hugill        Pukki 

If we go with Hugill up top, I really hope he puts in a vastly improved performance over the one against Birmingham...

On 14/08/2022 at 14:23, yellowrider120 said:

If Smith continues to start Rashica, he will see his contract termination date getting ever closer! The guy does not have the physicality for the English game and that is not going to change.

I think a lack of desire is half the problem, he just doesn't  seem to give a f*ck.

On 14/08/2022 at 23:02, kenfoggo said:

I will say this one more time…….. if McLean is in the starting 11 then we will struggle for a result.

We didn't struggle to win two titles with him in the team.

16 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

What does the Xg suggest is our best team? 🤣🤣

You are literally the only one laughing at this, despite posting it across a million threads as if you're some sort of comedic genius.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

We didn't struggle to win two titles with him in the team.

That was then and this is now. The side now looks completely imbalanced with his inclusion. Past performances do not make him an automatic inclusion on the team sheet, or does it under Smith?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I think a lack of desire is half the problem, he just doesn't  seem to give a f*ck.

Maybe a little bit, who knows. For me he just doesn't look distinctly good at winger things. He's not overly fast, or direct, doesn't really go past players, isn't great at crossing but also isn't really a playmaker. Even Sargent when played on the wing will at least track back and put the miles in, which you don't see Rashica do either.

I think he's a generically ok footballer with 'unusual foreign country' bonus. But that isn't doing us much good at the moment.

26 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He does look low on confidence and his body language doesn't read well. I would rather someone else starts, but with that said he could be a weapon at this level if he were to get his head in the game. Whether that happens remains to be seen.

36 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Some players react badly with a change in manager, especially when the manager who signed them in the first place is removed.

Rashica showed some good stuff early days, but has hardly performed anywhere near that level under Smith and has been particularly disappointing this time around.

Many of use expected him to bomb it this season from the word go, but even the less capable defenders of the Chumps seem capable of keeping him in check.

Unless his output improves rapidly, then a few million in the bank would be better for the club than having him in the squad.

Edited by BroadstairsR

2 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Some players react badly with a change in manager, especially when the manager who signed them in the first place is removed.

Rashica showed some good stuff early days, but has hardly performed anywhere near that level under Smith and has been particularly disappointing this time around.

Many of use expected him to bomb it this season from the word go, but even the less capable defenders of the Chumps seem capable of keeping him in check.

Unless his output improves rapidly, then a few million in the bank would be better for the club than having him in the squad.

Even in the early days Rashica promised much but delivered very little. He looked good, and was good compared to the other outfield additions last season (which says a lot about our recruitment last term), but in reality he has never actually produced much at all.

Rashica is a good player, I think that he is more than adequate at this level but perhaps he is not allowed to play his natural game under the system we operate? Whatever, he has not produced the goods on the field of play so far.

21 hours ago, king canary said:

Krul

McLean    Nunez

Cantwell

Hugill        Pukki 

I'd probably go with this but switch Hernandez for Rashica

18 minutes ago, AJ said:

I'd probably go with this but switch Hernandez for Rashica

I would go a bit further and put Sara in for McLean. Swap it up a bit, drop a couple of the undropables. It's a must win.......

For me it would be getting as much of the first choice team out as possible to play themselves into form;

Gunn

Aarons Omobamadele Hanley Gibson

Nunez McLean Sara

Rashica Pukki Cantwell