Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Lets look at the positives

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

I don’t “support” Smith any more than I “supported” Farke, Lambert, Adams, Brown et al when at the club.  It is idiots that make it personal that are ‘bringing the standard down’, whatever that means.  But as ever it is just throwaway garbage from the resident wum.

Oh so you’re a coward with no conviction as well, interesting.

im not surprised you don’t know what I mean by standards, I really am not 😂

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

Oh so you’re a coward with no conviction as well, interesting.

im not surprised you don’t know what I mean by standards, I really am not 😂

Wum wum wum.  Yawn. I wish you were half as intelligent as you think you are, it might then be worth it.

5 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

So uh, yeah let's try and think happy thoughts. Nunez looks like quite a good player. Um.. Theres still a lot of season left. Hmm.. we're still above the binners even if its only by one place in the English leauges table? OK, I'm getting desperate. Pukki might be able to score sometimes in the next 40 whatever matches I guess..  I give up. Anyone got anything positive about our season so far?

Maybe Nuñez enthusiasm will motivate the team.

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

That really is rose coloured spectacles, you seem to completely forget his first season and the first part of his second.  But those don’t seem to count for some reason.

Yes, because it was his first season. You seem to be discounting Smith's first season with us.

And the late goals thing started right from the off in his second season with Onel's double. A late equaliser, only to concede 90th minute but then Onel got a second equaliser deep into injury time. Guess that doesn't count for some reason.

4 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Yes, because it was his first season. You seem to be discounting Smith's first season with us.

And the late goals thing started right from the off in his second season with Onel's double. A late equaliser, only to concede 90th minute but then Onel got a second equaliser deep into injury time. Guess that doesn't count for some reason.

I seem to remember a very important one against a certain Suffolk pub team by a certain Tim Klose

But I must have imagined it, with my “yellow and green spectacles”

36 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Your statement was that we were ‘never beaten’ - Leeds hammered us 3-0 at home.  

The late winners thing came later.  This time in season 2018/19 you’d have quite likely been saying the same about DF as you are Smith. That’s the point. Well done for missing it.  It doesn’t fit the narrative so I’d expect no different.

Edited by Branston Pickle

3 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

If I had supported a loser like Smith and it was turning like this I’d be as mad as you.

have some standards man, your support of a guy like that is not a good thing.

he’s weak, he’s got no redeeming features as a coach or manager, he’s got no style, he can’t inspire players, he can’t attract people to the club.

Hes a nobody and I want him out of this club immediately. We need a much higher standard across the board at this club. We can’t afford people like you bringing that standard down.

What strange comments. Totally divorced from  reality bur please carry on.

Just now, yellowrider120 said:

What strange comments. Totally divorced from  reality bur please carry on.

The reality is we’re bottom of the league, genius. 

Now tell me “you never supported Smith and you support the data”

Some Fans excepting defeat -stating things are changing , 10mins of good play means its a matter of time until the  team will draw o sorry win again , smith is using a bigger mug -so more strong brew tea, Shakespeare the barb - improving the stamina- can be seen within Sargent- running around shouting tally ho boys -I got the ball and so on - Pukki with a big smile -stating IVE got the ball and I see the goal - at last😗

3 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Your statement was that we were ‘never beaten’ - Leeds hammered us 3-0 at home.  

The late winners thing came later.  This time in season 2018/19 you’d have quite likely been saying the same about DF as you are Smith. That’s the point. Well done for missing it.  It doesn’t fit the narrative so I’d expect no different.

OK Mr pedant, I'll be super specific for you in future posts. In Farke's second season we were practically never beaten, and to suggest we only scored late or managed heroic comebacks once v Forest, as CC seemed to suggest, is objectively total and utter nonsense. Late goals became a trademark of a Farke team*.

*in his second and fourth seasons, to save you rage smashing your keyboard with wHaT aBoUt HiS fIrSt SeAsOn. 

One positive, could Gibbs be this season’s answer to Skipp? Reminds me so much of Skipp…..get him in and give him more game time! Move Kenny to left back as cover.

6 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

OK Mr pedant, I'll be super specific for you in future posts. In Farke's second season we were practically never beaten, and to suggest we only scored late or managed heroic comebacks once v Forest, as CC seemed to suggest, is objectively total and utter nonsense. Late goals became a trademark of a Farke team*.

*in his second and fourth seasons, to save you rage smashing your keyboard with wHaT aBoUt HiS fIrSt SeAsOn. 

Rage smashing my keyboard?! You most certainly have me confused with others.

I confess that I do prefer a degree of accuracy in posting, though. 👍🙂.

Lambert and Farke sides both had a penchant for late goals, I recall it particularly narking the binners, so all good.

40 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Lambert and Farke sides both had a penchant for late goals, I recall it particularly narking the binners, so all good.

So you'll agree that saying "there was that one time v Forest we made a late comeback" was a pretty dumbass thing to say? That's what my beef was. That's what I was railing against. But you took umbrage with my inaccuracy, and not the one I was highlighting.

Do you have any theories as to why that might be the case?

45 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

The Lambert era was particularly delicious for me. I was young, playing mens football and would routinely keep to myself in the clubhouse after the game catching the last trappings on radio Norfolk. It got to the point they banned it, as the team was mainly blue and celebrating late goals triggered everyone 😄

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

So you'll agree that saying "there was that one time v Forest we made a late comeback" was a pretty dumbass thing to say? That's what my beef was. That's what I was railing against. But you took umbrage with my inaccuracy, and not the one I was highlighting.

Do you have any theories as to why that might be the case?

I didn’t make any reference to Forest?  It was great to get those late winners - Millwall, Rotherham etc - as it was moreso under Lambert; one of my regrets that 18/19 season was not getting to the Forest game.

aI was told that saying only one win since Janauary was not the way to look at it because last season in the PL is of no relevance to what is our situation now but it appears not according to your post Branston.

Edited by TIL 1010

One positive is we are a game further on to get Smith the sack.  It would be more likely if the attendees registered a more vocal dissension. 

We're a bit short of clicking. It reminds me of Farke's early days in that we're looking very decent, but only in short periods. Then some hair-raising individual mistakes (Aarons's clearance, Gibson's pass, Sinani's pass) come up and we look shonky. Much of this is a lack of confidence. We'd have spells under Farke when we weren't quite getting a run together and we'd have to grit out a couple of f-ugly single-goal wins, then we'd start playing more fluidly.

Off the ball we do seem a bit tighter, but that could just be due to the lower standard of opposition. Half the time we're actually assisting though, so if we cut those errors out, we'll look much better. And as @littleyellowbirdie said, we've scored after going behind. We fought back hard against Hull, missed a sitter to equalise and had another cleared off the line. Against both Wigan and Hull we could have been 2-0 up in the first 15.

I'd like to see more threat from set-pieces, Nunez's belter of a free-kick notwithstanding. Omo's doing fine but no better. Gibbs deserves a closer look, and I've no doubt Idah, Rowe and Springett will see more match time when they're got themselves fit.

We need a win soon though, as crises of confidence can really drag if not resolved quickly.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

The reality is we’re bottom of the league, genius. 

Now tell me “you never supported Smith and you support the data”

The reality is your panicking Mr Mainwaring!!!!!  

The biggest positive is that we should be out of the promotion race by Christmas and we will have at last broken the cycle of Groundhog Day….

6 minutes ago, unique said:

The biggest positive is that we should be out of the promotion race by Christmas and we will have at last broken the cycle of Groundhog Day….

But we’ll still play Ramsey and Hayden!

… and McLean and Dowell and Gibson

Edited by ged in the onion bag

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

aI was told that saying only one win since Janauary was not the way to look at it because last season in the PL is of no relevance to what is our situation now but it appears not according to your post Branston.

Eh?  No idea to what you are referring or who/what ‘al’ might be?

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

Eh?  No idea to what you are referring or who/what ‘al’ might be?

Good attempt at deflectio so change al to I but somehow i think you know what i was saying.

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Good attempt at deflectio so change al to I but somehow i think you know what i was saying.

Not the foggiest - sorry; not that I’m overly bothered and nor will you be. C’est la vie.