KeiranShikari

If losing the next 2 guaranteed 'Deano's' departure.....

Would you take the losses? I'm starting to think I would. 

I think Smith was an appointment to get immediate results and that didn't happen. He's not won the fans over and looking at how the players seem to be coasting along he hasn't won them over either. Of course that's on the players too but we've all seen what a change in management can do to a coasting set of players.

We lack identity and that's probably the most important thing Webber initially brought to the club. We need a manager that the club wants to buy into, not one that's already chasing his losses.

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

He's acheived the near impossible after 3 games , rhe oppositon we've had...5 subs allowed, to have managed to have 1 pt from 9 and being bottom

Poor guy must be gutted about that pesky point spoiling his record

Yes, without doubt. Got to think longer term than these 2 games. Unfortunately he'll still be here after 2 losses. 

Was going to book tickets for Birmingham away yesterday, I simply can't be arsed to travel that way to watch a Dean Smith side so changed my mind, and won't go unless a managerial change is made. 

Where is the next Alex Neil? A manager brought in from a backwater of Scottish football who was able to turn things around at the club, and thus demonstrating just what one single positive influence at the top can do.

At least Neil Adams had the decency to resign when he realised that (with a similarly strong squad) things were drifting under his management.

At least Neil Adams had the team in a position that allowed the Wee Man to eventually achieve something.

I get the impression that the current regime are sticklers, and that such stubbornness could result in the team too far adrift for even a more suitable management team to salvage.

It's up to Webber, then. Has he the inclination any more? 

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

He's acheived the near impossible after 3 games , rhe oppositon we've had...5 subs allowed, to have managed to have 1 pt from 9 and being bottom

Of course, all Smith's fault that Aarons blundered and Ramsey managed to sky over from 4 yards. Smith's fault too that Gibson blundered and the ref failed to award a nailed on penalty.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I think it's possible we won't win both games. I would imagine the club will be less likely to sack Smith now than they sacked Farke simply because they made that decision and have to live by it. Smith has been a poor business decision for sure, he was never going to take this club forwards. We should have been patient and gone after our top targets

3 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Of course, all Smith's fault that Aarons blundered and Ramsey managed to sky over from 4 yards. Smith's fault too that Gibson blundered and the ref failed to award a nailed on penalty.

If the players aren't confident and making mistakes then it's down to the manager to get in top of that. Smith has shown absolutely no ability to improve a player during his tenure here, so yes, it is his fault

Just now, AJ said:

If the players aren't confident and making mistakes then it's down to the manager to get in top of that. Smith has shown absolutely no ability to improve a player during his tenure here, so yes, it is his fault

You believe Aarons lacks confidence do you? I suspect he would be the first to own up that his error had absolutely nothing to with lack of confidence nor anything to do with the manager. Likewise Ramsey's miss, do you really think he went back into the dressing room thinking, "that was all Smith's fault, he makes me feel so unconfident"? Get real ffs! It's absurd to claim "Smith has shown absolutely no ability to improve a player during his tenure here". You don't have the slightest evidence to make such a claim. While he has been here we have seen Springett, Rowe, and Gibbs make impressive debuts, and Omobamidele establish himself as a first team player.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I think this comes up every time a manager reaches this point with us. 

My answer is always no - I never willingly want us to do anything other than win. Roeder was the closest I got to almost enjoying each nudge towards the door. 

Edited by mrdi
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, horsefly said:

You believe Aarons lacks confidence do you? I suspect he would be the first to own up that his error had absolutely nothing to with lack of confidence nor anything to do with the manager. Likewise Ramsey's miss, do you really think he went back into the dressing room thinking, "that was all Smith's fault, he makes me feel so unconfident"? Get real ffs! It's absurd to claim "Smith has shown absolutely no ability to improve a player during his tenure here". You don't have the slightest evidence to make such a claim. While he has been here we have seen Springett, Rowe, and Gibbs make impressive debuts, and Omobamidele establish himself as a first team player.

With all due respect, that the biggest load of crap I’ve ever read, you state “You don't have the slightest evidence to make such a claim”have you actually watched us over the last 9-10 months, Springett and Rowe aren’t ready to play in a Prem/top championship side and the only reason they are near the team is every first team player has gone backwards under Smith, Farke had Omobamidele in and around the team already (he scored against Leeds) and Gibbs is very highly rated and actually should have started yesterday!

Edited by wheres my rebate gone?

52 minutes ago, horsefly said:

If you're not a very good manager (he's not), you need to be a bloody lucky one. Those examples suggest he's not do they not? 

51 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Maybe Smith shouldnt be signing players who are capable of blazing the ball over the bar at an open goal from 4 yards out?

Stop with the excuses. Funny how only good managers seem to get the luck and poor managers dont

This season will just be a succession of post match apologies and excuses from Smith after games and that isnt going to change

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Maybe Smith shouldnt be signing players who are capable of blazing the ball over the bar at an open goal from 4 yards out?

Stop with the excuses. Funny how only good managers seem to get the luck and poor managers dont

This season will just be a succession of post match apologies and excuses from Smith after games and that isnt going to change

Out of the likes so I'll give you a good old fashioned 👍

If it's down to the microscopic blame of individual mistakes to defend a manager's overall contribution, then where does it end?

It's the "ifs" and "buts" game.

Ninety minutes of football are rife with individual bloomers. Even Manchester City players miss open goals, they still win matches, though.

Every manager could win every game if he were able to eliminate individual errors.

All it amounts to saying is that the manager was unlucky. He shouldn't be in a position to blame bad luck in the first place. He's paid enough, after all.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 2

Having watched the highlights, I really can't see how you can blame Smith. It was all Norwich, and we had chance after chance, which the stats back up.

We were so comfortable until Aarons, decided to do what he did. That's not Smiths fault. The gaffer sets up the players and its up to the players. We had so many chances, especially Ramsey's glaring miss.

On another day we win that game comfortably. I think with so many injuries Smith is still trying to find his best team, and again it's not his fault. 3 injuries to LB's in 3 games, you can't blame him for. IF, and I say IF, Sara & Hayden come good and give us the protection in midfield, we likely to see better results. Nunez looks a real find, and Ramsey looks lively. Gibbs look a positive alternative as well

If we can't cut out the crazy individual defensive errors every single game Norwich will be in games, but it's our defence that are putting us under so much opressure. I'm still not convinced by Sargent or Rash, and just feel the latter should be sold pdq, and whatever we can re-coup, then again re-strengthen.

Yes results matter, and yes we're bottom. I'm not saying we should keep Smith, but we're not far off clicking, which was the same in Farke's early days  

• Like 5

No, our performances and chance creation have improved from the start of the season.

It's quite clear Smith isn't or hasn't been as good as Farke at getting the team over the relegation hangover, but then we were gifted a goal vs Huddersfield first game which must have helped, and our other results were poor at the beginning under Farke, both promotion seasons actually.

If we win both games and play well I can see us going on a run, so I wouldn't take losing both. I agree that if we did lose both Smith would probably have to go.

42 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

If you're not a very good manager (he's not), you need to be a bloody lucky one. Those examples suggest he's not do they not? 

Strange how fans of Walsall, Brentford and Villa think he's an excellent manager 🤔 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, wheres my rebate gone? said:

With all due respect, that the biggest load of crap I’ve ever read, you state “You don't have the slightest evidence to make such a claim”have you actually watched us over the last 9-10 months, Springett and Rowe aren’t ready to play in a Prem/top championship side and the only reason they are near the team is every first team player has gone backwards under Smith, Farke had Omobamidele in and around the team already (he scored against Leeds) and Gibbs is very highly rated and actually should have started yesterday!

With all due respect, perhaps you should pay a bit more attention to what has been claimed. Your response is simplistic anti-Smith bile. 

Here's the reaction of Jack Grealish to Smith's sacking from Villa:

No1 will ever compare 💙❤️ the real goat ❤️❤️ https://t.co/Spp6ADIAo6

— Jack Grealish (@JackGrealish) November 7, 2021

I suppose you want to claim that he never developed under Smith too. I could post more responses from young players who are full of praise for Smith's influence but it is a somewhat futile exercise given the tinned eared determination of fans like you to spew out anti-Smith tosh.

Edited by horsefly
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

No!

46 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Hahaha! Of course, Ramsey obviously has a track record of blazing over from 4-yards and that's why Smith signed him. He's so desperate to lose.

2 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Hahaha! Of course, Ramsey obviously has a track record of blazing over from 4-yards and that's why Smith signed him. He's so desperate to lose.

1 goal and 1 assist for Cheltenham last season

6 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Strange how fans of Walsall, Brentford and Villa think he's an excellent manager 🤔 

I don’t think that’s particularly relevant, to be honest. Different clubs at different times, in different contexts and with different expectations. 

8 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

3 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

1 goal and 1 assist for Cheltenham last season

Remind me what Harry Kane's loan record was with us.

16 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

If any of those club's mentioned above had Deano at the helm with only one league win since January....Do you think those fans would be singing his praises?..... 

8 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Remind me what Harry Kane's loan record was with us.

Something tells me Ramsey’s career trajectory is going to be somewhat different to Kane’s.