Sign in to follow this  
Kingston Yellow

If you support Stuart Webber I’m embarrassed by you

His appointments. His signings. Extending his contract. Taking sabbaticals.  Plans for bigger and better things (“I’m not a Norwich fan”). What a disgrace. 

• Haha 2

He’s a bit of a fraud. And has failed repeatedly. But I would fear what might come after him as Adams has nothing about him to suggest he’s suitable. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

He’s a bit of a fraud. And has failed repeatedly. But I would fear what might come after him as Adams has nothing about him to suggest he’s suitable. 

Exactly this. I think his time is up but this club has a worrying track record of regressing some way when making key appointments before they eventually get one right. 

Hands up ... I'm a big Webber fan still!

I admire his long term thinking and bullish focus.

He's making us a far stronger club from the roots up and I find it amusing that, for some reason, he isn't allowed to make an error of judgement when the rest us are.

We'll miss him hugely when he's gone.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I find a lot of posts on this site embarrassing... things aren't going as we'd hope in the short term, but for certain things are a lot healthier than when he arrived, which is what he should be judged on. 

And quite frankly it would be very worrying if we had someone in this kind of role who based decisions on being a fan, rather than making hard calls without that kind of attachment.

I do wish we still had Farke over Smith, but I want privy to what was going on behind the scenes there, so I'm basing that on my heart and being a fan of Farkes time with us.  Smith does need our support now though, especially as the team by and large is playing well, just not getting the rub of the green atm.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

I find a lot of posts on this site embarrassing... things aren't going as we'd hope in the short term, but for certain things are a lot healthier than when he arrived, which is what he should be judged on. 

And quite frankly it would be very worrying if we had someone in this kind of role who based decisions on being a fan, rather than making hard calls without that kind of attachment.

I do wish we still had Farke over Smith, but I want privy to what was going on behind the scenes there, so I'm basing that on my heart and being a fan of Farkes time with us.  Smith does need our support now though, especially as the team by and large is playing well, just not getting the rub of the green atm.

*** Dean Smith, and *** Stuart Webber

Only at Norwich could we allow someone this incompetent and unsuccessful at what they do, continue without any scrutiny. The fact he scapegoated someone who overachieved on the resources given, makes it all the more bitter. Alas.

2 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

But I would fear what might come after him as Adams has nothing about him to suggest he’s suitable. 

Maybe that was a very deliberate move by Stu?   

Scary thought.

2 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Except a far better footballing CV in general.

21 minutes ago, Robornio said:

Only at Norwich could we allow someone this incompetent and unsuccessful at what they do, continue without any scrutiny. The fact he scapegoated someone who overachieved on the resources given, makes it all the more bitter. Alas.

Without Stuart Webber, we wouldn't have appointed Daniel Farke. We were a club going nowhere after relegation in 2016. Financially struggling, no significant saleable assets other than Maddison (who we had to flog on the cheap to keep ourselves solvent), Alan Irvine as an interim manager with a squad that finished miles outside the playoffs.

Let's not forget where we were, and the direction in which we were headed, when he took over. Of course that doesn't give him a free pass, but our club is in a much healthier state than it was in 2017.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Deptford Yellow said:

Alan Irvine didn’t do badly in his brief time in charge if memory serves me right

No he didn't, he did just fine. But he's never managed a football club since, he was only ever an interim appointment. When Irvine took the reins until the end of the season after we fired Neil in March 2017, as a club and a team I didn't feel we had any real ideas or momentum. If you'd have said at that point that we'd win two Championship titles in the next four years, I'd have bitten your hand off for it!

And it was due to Webber (and consequently Farke) that we achieved that. It's not looking great at the moment, but overall we've made huge progress under Webber. This is a pivotal time in terms of the legacy he leaves behind.

48 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Without Stuart Webber, we wouldn't have appointed Daniel Farke. We were a club going nowhere after relegation in 2016. Financially struggling, no significant saleable assets other than Maddison (who we had to flog on the cheap to keep ourselves solvent), Alan Irvine as an interim manager with a squad that finished miles outside the playoffs.

Let's not forget where we were, and the direction in which we were headed, when he took over. Of course that doesn't give him a free pass, but our club is in a much healthier state than it was in 2017.

Yes the club is in a healthier position, but we've not kicked on , last season was an embarrassing and the start to this has been poor ,were declining fast , what's the answer?

1 minute ago, Canary dwarf said:

Yes the club is in a healthier position, but we've not kicked on , last season was an embarrassing and the start to this has been poor ,were declining fast , what's the answer?

Well new investment would give us a great opportunity to kick on, and that's potentially in the pipeline.

I don't think anyone disagrees that we've got a very strong squad at this level, so the answer is either Smith sorts it out pretty soon and gets us moving up the table, or we roll the dice and get in someone with a fresh perspective.

Behind the scenes and financially, we're in good nick. Worst-case scenario is that we have to write off this season as a work in progress, but it's not like we're going down to League One or anything.

• Like 1

No were never gonna go down with squad, and I know financially were good , but Smith  is not getting the best from the players at the mo !

9 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

I'm not sure that's true really. I think the issue is that last season was the first time as a club, as fans, we'd seen that sort of money spent on players. The caveat was that it meant losing a player that was the beating heart of creativity in our team. Yes, that was hard, but equally I think it's massively important that the backlash from that was because people were judging Webber against prior successes. We had done so well on relatively little money, surely... surely then with more money Webber and Farke could bring in players of a better quality for similar but relative/proportional bargains. It didn't pull off/work out. And that frustration is largely based on failing to repeat the feats accomplished in the Championship.

I don't think that's unfair, but I think it is important to state what people are using to measure him with.

Kicking on is an interesting one in terms of a club. I think it's widely accepted that whilst we could, can and should believe we can establish ourselves in the premier league with the model we operate under, it does somewhat handicap us. I think kicking on is more about squeezing the best out of the model, again, not an easy thing to do, and last season was off target by some way. Up until then though, we were kicking on fine.

Worrying start? Yes, a little, do I think we're "declining fast" - not just yet. I do think performances have gotten better, more consistent, with better football, but that doesn't win games. They need to start turning those chances into goals. Knowing us, we'll smash someone and all wish we'd spread those goals a little bit over other games... 

3 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

I would say this post is fraudulent. I think going from almost bankrupt and having to sell the best prospects at the club at the time in Maddison, Pritchard, Murphyx2 etc to title winners in just two seasons would really not qualify as "failed repeatedly". 

Caveat that's a new word for me maybe I'm not intelligent enough to post on this forum, but I know what your saying funds last season weren't spend wisely enough and that's the problem ,tzolis has started to perform but that doesn't help us in the short term.😗

Not wanting to bang a tired drum but the issue isn’t Webber. He bumbed in his signings last year but only because he had to take big risks because of the budget. We have over achieved given our ownership and that is what needs to change - however painful that is for people to hear.