Sign in to follow this  
Bert

Delia needs to sell now

53 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

A clue in all of this is how Wynnie get's a free ride everytime...

It is personal. Or he wouldn't.

I agree with you to a point but who fuels the Delia owns us debate?

How often do the media refer to MWJ? 

and does she ever push him forward instead of herself? 

She is a celebrity and celebrities like the limelight, well most of them do.

24 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

I agree with you to a point but who fuels the Delia owns us debate?

How often do the media refer to MWJ? 

and does she ever push him forward instead of herself? 

She is a celebrity and celebrities like the limelight, well most of them do.

They do the Norwich city media stuff together. Obviously Delia's cookery and book stuff is just her.

On 14/08/2022 at 22:01, PurpleCanary said:

I am not sure how up to the mark the club's PR department is nowadays, but even a pretty dense team would have realised that having seven men in suits in a row in the main stand, close to the directors and alongside one of the club's top executives, was going to get noticed. That parade of the seven was in effect sanctioned by the club.

As to your second point, there is no contradiction in what I wrote. Yes, it is a private transaction between Attanasio and Foulger, but S&J are plainly happy enough with it, since they have decided to offer Attanasio a seat on the board on the back of it. And as already posted, I don't see this is taking an inordinate amount of time.

I guess the closing remark in the 'insight' video is the evidence that Attanasio will be offered a seat on the Board.

If Club officials have been involved in this, calling it a 'private' transaction appears to be a creative description. Maybe It would be good form from a transparency perspective to be willing to quote the price of a transaction involving the sale of one sixth of the Club and a Board position?

This also raises the question as to whether a prospective Board member should be attempting to buy up other shares in the manner that has been claimed on here? Perhaps a whole Board team approach and calling an EGM would come over as far more professional?

Edited by essex canary

5 hours ago, Indy said:

Not from all of us I include MJW in my view of the majority shareholding! I can’t say anyone “hates” the current owners but some of us would like to take a chance on a new vision, fresh younger board with some oomf and one which strives for continuing improvement with a little pressure being applied on standards! I get the impression that our current owners are happy to let the Webbers run the club, almost like carers for the pensioners at their home! 😂😂😉

I am prepared to go as far as saying I hate Delia. Extreme dislike just doesn't go far enough. There have just been far too many footballing atrocities during her tenure. And she is an extremely deceitful person.

47 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I guess the closing remark in the 'insight' video is the evidence that Attanasio will be offered a seat on the Board.

If Club officials have been involved in this, calling it a 'private' transaction appears to be a creative description. Maybe It would be good form from a transparency perspective to be willing to quote the price of a transaction involving the sale of one sixth of the Club and a Board position?

This also raises the question as to whether a prospective Board member should be attempting to buy up other shares in the manner that has been claimed on here? Perhaps a whole Board team approach and calling an EGM would come over as far more professional?

I take the first point to an extent, but it is still a private transaction, so it would have to be up to Foulger and/or Attanasio to reveal the price.

I don’t take the second point. These various tranches of shares have been there for years, although I suspect it was only recently that the Archant holding became in effect up for sale. Anyone could have bid for them, and could still do so. I have heard that Attanasio has his eye on two of the largest minority tranches but not that he intends to go for all of them.

in any event I cannot see a problem with him hovering up thousands more shares, unless - which I doubt is the case - he intends to hit the 30 per cent mark.

13 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

I am prepared to go as far as saying I hate Delia. Extreme dislike just doesn't go far enough. There have just been far too many footballing atrocities during her tenure. And she is an extremely deceitful person.

You really are not a very pleasant piece of work, are you.

4 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

They do the Norwich city media stuff together. Obviously Delia's cookery and book stuff is just her.

I've always had this wish to see Delia "sell up" to Michael just to watch as a very vocal minority celebrate only to realise that whilst their demands they have been so very vocal about have been met but at the same time, not given them what they wanted at all. Leaving them with "as you were".

I would also love to see the board sack themselves. Would they all stand around a circular meeting table pointing fingers whilst all saying at exactly the same time in unison "you're fired" like Alan Sugar on the apprentice.

It's been said before, if there was an ounce of actual direction and credibility to these sorts of things they might garner more support. Instead it tends to sound like a drunken rabble "Wot 'as Delia...hic... eva... hic... done for us?!!" With sensible, sober folks pointing out "well you know, they (Delia and Michael) did help navigate us through some very difficult years, including helping to buy players for the club, put the community and the fans first, isn't a total sell out, is passionate about the club, but other than yet, sure, DELIA OUT!... why was that again?"

We'll repeat ad nauseum. I've no doubt they'll sell. Will they ever cave in to angry people who think winning games of football is as easy as sacking managers every 3-10games... or tearing up multi-year contracts of players and promoting the U18's instead... no, they're not daft, thankfully.

Edited by chicken
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

You tell it like it is big Vince LOSER ,are you really a ncfc fan.😭

11 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

You really are not a very pleasant piece of work, are you.

No, I'm not and I will never come on here to sugar coat.

17 hours ago, Indy said:

I have a nice history of supporting the clubs charity events hosted by Delia during various charity events over the past 30 years, had some great chats with her too, we might not see eye to eye on things but she’s a pleasure to talk to.

PS just for you! Your favourite picture!

image.jpeg.50b47a2fdbc9b5dd770b8aad66dabfff.jpeg

Well there you go! Delia lives in Suffolk, supports Ipswich but pretends to be Norwich, presumably in deference to Wynnie. The optics of this is atrocious. The woman is riddled with deceit.

On 15/08/2022 at 17:46, Indy said:

Not from all of us I include MJW in my view of the majority shareholding! I can’t say anyone “hates” the current owners but some of us would like to take a chance on a new vision, fresh younger board with some oomf and one which strives for continuing improvement with a little pressure being applied on standards! I get the impression that our current owners are happy to let the Webbers run the club, almost like carers for the pensioners at their home! 😂😂😉

Bang on. 

• Like 3