Sign in to follow this  
Bert

Delia needs to sell now

22 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Exactly. S&J could still retain the 53% and champion an arrangement for the Americans to buy out the small shareholders and a sizeable Trust portion in accordance with Crouch Report principles. They won't because divide and rule with 6.860 shareholders entitled to attend an AGM with a risk averse customer engagement strategy suits their purpose better.

A post that, not for the first time, makes absolutely no sense, In case you hadn’t noticed Attanasio is in the process of buying out some of the significant minority holdings. A development S&J seem perfectly happy with, and may even have played a part in.

More than that, S&J seem perfectly happy with the prospective of Attanasio having at least one director  on the board, since that has been agreed to, and with a long-term partnership. As attested to by parading no fewer than seven of the Americans at a home game.

if S&J really were worried about diluting or losing control of the club they would be doing exactly none of those things.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Nora's Ghost said:

This place is full of kids that think Norwich City didn't exist until Smith arrived in1996.

There are too many here who think Delia has never made a bad decision, they think she is perfect when in truth as I stated before she’s done a lot the same as Chase and more!

Yes we’ve had promotions but we only got promoted because we had been relegated too, including to Lge 1, something that is conveniently forgotten!

Chase was criticised for selling the Crown Jewels to keep the banks happy, Delia did the exact same with Maddison but it’s seen as part of the so called plan, a plan that is so bad it’s unsustainable, but it’s ok for her to do it!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

There are too many here who think Delia has never made a bad decision, they think she is perfect when in truth as I stated before she’s done a lot the same as Chase and more!

Yes we’ve had promotions but we only got promoted because we had been relegated too, including to Lge 1, something that is conveniently forgotten!

Chase was criticised for selling the Crown Jewels to keep the banks happy, Delia did the exact same with Maddison but it’s seen as part of the so called plan, a plan that is so bad it’s unsustainable, but it’s ok for her to do it!

I have never seen any post or poster that fits that description.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Exactly this.

For me, the time it was abundantly clear her time was up was after the first Farke promotion.  We had the core of a team that with the right additions should have been perfectly capable of surviving in the PL. Instead we spend 750k on an injury prone right back and 2 poor loans with lack of funds cited as a reason.

IMO this was a huge missed opportunity and once the subsequent attitude/necessity of selling before buying (before this summer we were pretty much net zero on transfers since that first Farke PL season) ends us with us not getting promoted, we're inevitably going to find ourselves in the position where we were with Maddison.

I seriously struggle to see why a due diligence process needs to take so long! If the current majority shareholders are serious about selling then three months of plus that this has been going on would be plenty of time to gauge the potential buyers! 
What I see is that the uncomfortable season they’ve just endured again and the low key protests have prompted the owners to gain a potential buyer, but rather than relinquish their control they are happy for Foulger to sell his shares, giving a seat on the board to the new investment team, making it look like things are moving forwards, but ultimately making and forced take over requiring a huge undertaking of buying up bit part shares which on paper might never reach that 30% requirement!

This means that our club ownership can certainly claim they’re actively looking to carefully move the club on yet still control the club for the foreseeable future, as it is, no real investment into the club just a transfer of one board member!

The sceptical ones on here will question why no change in ownership, those who love our current owners will be happy to say slowly will do! But the longer it goes on and we look so disjointed on the pitch, disconnected between, fans, management, players and owners the worse it it for the entire club!

We really need that win Tuesday or Friday could be fruity!

Edited by Indy
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Indy said:

The sceptical ones on here will question why no change in ownership, those who love our current owners will be happy to say slowly will do! But the longer it goes on and we look so disjointed on the pitch, disconnected between, fans, management, players and owners the worse it it for the entire club!

Where is the disconnect?

At recent fans events (Supporters Club, City Trust & before the Hibs game) we've had the Head Coach & his Assistant, A board member and the Assistant Sporting Director and Sam Jeffrey answering questions from fans. The next Supporters Club event will have 3 players in attendance.

What more do you want?

8 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Where is the disconnect?

At recent fans events (Supporters Club, City Trust & before the Hibs game) we've had the Head Coach & his Assistant, A board member and the Assistant Sporting Director and Sam Jeffrey answering questions from fans. The next Supporters Club event will have 3 players in attendance.

What more do you want?

Fans events are for the limited numbers, you only have to look in the stands and social media for the disconnection, but if you think there’s none then fine……

1 hour ago, Indy said:

I seriously struggle to see why a due diligence process needs to take so long! If the current majority shareholders are serious about selling then three months of plus that this has been going on would be plenty of time to gauge the potential buyers! 
What I see is that the uncomfortable season they’ve just endured again and the low key protests have prompted the owners to gain a potential buyer, but rather than relinquish their control they are happy for Foulger to sell his shares, giving a seat on the board to the new investment team, making it look like things are moving forwards, but ultimately making and forced take over requiring a huge undertaking of buying up bit part shares which on paper might never reach that 30% requirement!

This means that our club ownership can certainly claim they’re actively looking to carefully move the club on yet still control the club for the foreseeable future, as it is, no real investment into the club just a transfer of one board member!

Indy, the initial stage that the Americans have chosen doesn't really involve the club! It is a private transaction between Attanasio and Foulger, and there may be more such private transactions. Especially if Attanasio wants to buy the 10,000 shares from the old trust there seems to be some lack of clarity as to who are the trustees which may be delaying things.

It could well be Attanasio doesn't yet want to buy out S&J, or to buy new shares. As I posted a day or so back, I doubt he wants to go through the time-consuming process of hoovering up enough of the tiny holdings just to reach 30 per cent mark, which doesn't in itself mean much.

You are assuming this is taking time because S&J are dragging their feet over their due diligence of Attanasio, but it is just as likely - probably more likely - that he simply doesn't yet want to move to a takeover (he will just as much being doing his due diligence of S&J) and is happy with a minority stake and a director of his choosing.

There's always disconnect when the teams losing and the fans want someone sacked. It's the way of it. Although it has to be said Webber at odds with the fans and the local press has made this worse.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Indy said:

Fans events are for the limited numbers, you only have to look in the stands and social media for the disconnection, but if you think there’s none then fine……

Poor response, do you want them to book venue with unlimited numbers?

You can connect with managers, players, members of the leadership team and board members just get off your **** and make the effort or maybe you just want to whine about stuff on social media.

16 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Ffs blame Delia back to this.

Pull your heads out of your arses.

Blame Webber and blame Smith.

Shall we blame Delia for all the promotions?

Anyone who remembers Robert chase should not even be pointing the finger if your too young to remember think of the likes of Mike Ashley and that ** Marcus Evans and you will realise we got it pretty good.

Just farke off with your stupid please.

Promotions are worthless if you keep getting relegated straight away and relegations are made worse by the owners failing to learn any of the lessons from each one of them.

The definition of stupidity/insanity is, amongst others, to keep failing to sign proper defensive midfielders upon promotion.

To set the record straight, the Chase era was by far the most successful in the club's history. Chase had nine consecutive seasons in the top flight, the club qualified for Europe multiple times during the Heysel ban and when they eventually played reached the last 16 of the UEFA cup.

Any opprobrium should be directed at Liverpool fans and Delia. Chase was top class. Delia always second rate.

Right you are back in the days when Blackburn could win the prem and it was a competition that was played for and not bought.

That 93 team would be mid championship at best in this era.

Take off the rose coloured glasses as you are comparing apples with bananas. 

16 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Right you are back in the days when Blackburn could win the prem and it was a competition that was played for and not bought.

But Delia had to sell to keep the wolves from the door a few seasons ago and we weren’t even in the Prem but that’s ok isn’t it? 

Glad you think she’s doing a great job

7 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

But Delia had to sell to keep the wolves from the door a few seasons ago and we weren’t even in the Prem but that’s ok isn’t it? 

Glad you think she’s doing a great job

Again work this through your head.

FOOTBALL HAS CHANGED

Its not the same beast it was in 1993. 
Id far rather have Delia Smith than sell my soul to the Middle Eastern / American Devil. 
Can you imagine Norwich as a big executive club, you probably get fizzy pants over the idea. I would be looking to take my support elsewhere despite bleeding green and yellow.

And as i have been asking the Delia outers for years, who the actual Farke do you want?
Some dream utopian Norfolk businessmen with £500,000,000 who just wants to see his boyhood club come good.
Guess what, hes like Santa and the Easter bunny and does not exist. 

We would get some yank obsessed with making money or improving his Throw Ball , Bat Ball or Hoop toss team.

Edited by Nexus_Canary
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

FOOTBALL HAS CHANGED

Id far rather have Delia Smith than sell my soul to the Middle Eastern / American Devil. 
Can you imagine Norwich as a big executive club, you probably get fizzy pants over the idea. I would be looking to take my support elsewhere despite bleeding green and yellow.

And as i have been asking the Delia outers for years, who the actual Farke do you want?
Some dream utopian Norfolk businessmen with £500,000,000 who just wants to see his boyhood club come good.

We would get some yank obsessed with making money or improving his Throw Ball , Bat Ball or Hoop toss team.

So explain why Delia had to sell the Crown Jewels then in Maddison? Yet gets no grief for it like Chase does?

2 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

FOOTBALL HAS CHANGED

And you say you’d rather have her that’s your choice but why should you lambast others for their choice?

Im interested to hear what you have to say about going to the third tier under Delia and why she had to sell Maddison?

You tell others to take their heads out of their arses when in truth you actually have your head up your **** 🤣

4 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Indy, the initial stage that the Americans have chosen doesn't really involve the club! It is a private transaction between Attanasio and Foulger, and there may be more such private transactions. Especially if Attanasio wants to buy the 10,000 shares from the old trust there seems to be some lack of clarity as to who are the trustees which may be delaying things.

It could well be Attanasio doesn't yet want to buy out S&J, or to buy new shares. As I posted a day or so back, I doubt he wants to go through the time-consuming process of hoovering up enough of the tiny holdings just to reach 30 per cent mark, which doesn't in itself mean much.

You are assuming this is taking time because S&J are dragging their feet over their due diligence of Attanasio, but it is just as likely - probably more likely - that he simply doesn't yet want to move to a takeover (he will just as much being doing his due diligence of S&J) and is happy with a minority stake and a director of his choosing.

Let’s be honest, they’re astute business men, who seem to invest in long term plays. Ultimately, it’s highly likely that they are to looking to acquire shares as cheaply as possible - that’s not a criticism, it’s commercial reality.

Therefore, if they steamed straight in, excising the share option, acquiring a majority shareholding in the process (which D&M are highly unlikely to do in the first instance, unless it’s a financial necessity) that would set a benchmark price, which would become relevant it the ultimate intention (and we don’t know this yet) is to take the Club private, eventually.

In this context, it make perfect sense for them to first complete several private transactions, with existing shareholders, probably at a lower price than the likely quoted option price.

They are highly unlikely to get to the magic 30% mark unless either, D&M agree to offload some of their shares, or, the option is subsequently exercised.

All this is conjecture, and it’s easy to be dismissive of the relevance of the share price, but for both serious investors and existing shareholders, it’s a significant priority.

Edited by GMF
Word omitted
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

A post that, not for the first time, makes absolutely no sense, In case you hadn’t noticed Attanasio is in the process of buying out some of the significant minority holdings. A development S&J seem perfectly happy with, and may even have played a part in.

More than that, S&J seem perfectly happy with the prospective of Attanasio having at least one director  on the board, since that has been agreed to, and with a long-term partnership. As attested to by parading no fewer than seven of the Americans at a home game.

if S&J really were worried about diluting or losing control of the club they would be doing exactly none of those things.

Purple, the club didn't parade these seven American businessmen, they were spotted by the Archant reporting team! Also, you say D & M are happy with the prospective share sale, and then in your further post you say that have no say in it! If Foulger wants to sell his shares it's a private transaction and there would be little D & M could do about it. 

I also think this is taken an extreme amount of time to conclude, I don't understand the holdup unless other factors are influencing it. I wonder if it will actually happen, tbh.

• Like 1

Also, when was it said that Antanasio would be given a seat on the board, I may have missed this. Does buying Foulger's shares guarantee a seat on the board?

Edited by Miss Demeanor
Spelling

1 hour ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

So explain why Delia had to sell the Crown Jewels then in Maddison? Yet gets no grief for it like Chase does

It's inconsequential really as did we miss Madison no not really! ( You should have used Emi as your example and had better credibility)

And Madison certainly was not an Eadie, O'Neil or Sutton or even an Ashton was he!??

The club has and was progressing under Delia while it stagnated and was picked apart by chase.

Really mate your grasping at straws, no offence meant but you haven't got half a leg with your argument.

4 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Nonsense. The likes of Bowen, Crook, Sutton, Fleck, Gordon, Linighan, Newsome, Townsend, Fox, Dave Williams, etc would have been classy top flight players in any era.

None of the current players compare well to the above, except possibly Pukki and that is why they are Championship and not the class of 88-95.

22 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

And so she is blameless is she?

Who instilled the little old Norwich mentality ffs?

And all this she’s better than Chase is bollox, did we not have to sell Maddison to keep the wolves from the door? 

How many times under Delia have we finished in the top 5 of the Prem?

how many times did Chase take us to the third tier? None but the Saint Delia did

Stop with all the Delia is great bull because she isn’t ffs, she’s done worse than Chase did if you open your eyes 

Oh I have just had an epiphany. Why not sack smith, get rid of all directors ,get rid of smith and jones ,sack all playing staff and anyone connected to the club . Then fold completely. Then at least we would have no one to BLAME!  Ffs. It’s a football club to support. There is another one just down the A140.

7 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

Nonsense. The likes of Bowen, Crook, Sutton, Fleck, Gordon, Linighan, Newsome, Townsend, Fox, Dave Williams, etc would have been classy top flight players in any era.

None of the current players compare well to the above, except possibly Pukki and that is why they are Championship and not the class of 88-95.

Lol and no.

None of them would be able to last 45 mins in the modern game.

Fitness training and nutrition is on a different level now.

Edited by Nexus_Canary

2 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Im interested to hear what you have to say about going to the third tier under Delia and why she had to sell Maddison?

Ive answered the Madison one.

Third tier was no where near as devastating as that initial relegation from the prem after losing 20 on the trot. 

Then we lose Martin O'Neil because chase wont stamp up the money.

93/94 off the top of my head?

Binners came up and bought Finidi George and we went down.

Only time I've ever as devastated was the day after 51 percent of England went insane.

And to answer another moan from you about little old Norwich.

I love the fact we have a safe inclusive club which caters for all and is seen as family safe.

If you want to wear your stone Island and sing like a **** head Millwall are in town Friday.

20 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Lol and no.

None of them would be able to last 45 mins in the modern game.

Fitness training and nutrition is on a different level now.

Ah, I'm glad you mentioned fitness training and nutrition and not forgetting all the other aspects of sports science because what struck me most of all about the modern footballer during the Birmingham game was that they are very good at running about and shifting the ball around in the middle third, but when it comes to beating an opponent with either pace or skill it simply doesn't exist.

The class of 88-95 would have been worse with today's methods and facilities because the game now is too analytical and obsessed with data rather than whether a player can do a trick to beat an opponent.

6 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

Poor response, do you want them to book venue with unlimited numbers?

You can connect with managers, players, members of the leadership team and board members just get off your **** and make the effort or maybe you just want to whine about stuff on social media.

Calm down dear! No need to get so damn aggressive!

6 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Indeed as I said Purple we can certainly look at things with a tainted view! Mines based on previous 27 years of ownership. We wait to see how this week goes….

1 hour ago, Nexus_Canary said:

It's inconsequential really as did we miss Madison no not really! ( You should have used Emi as your example and had better credibility)

And Madison certainly was not an Eadie, O'Neil or Sutton or even an Ashton was he!??

The club has and was progressing under Delia while it stagnated and was picked apart by chase.

Really mate your grasping at straws, no offence meant but you haven't got half a leg with your argument.

Ffs, if they hadn’t have sold Maddison they would have been in administration! What about that can’t you understand? It doesn’t matter he wasn’t this or that, he was our star player ffs and HAD to be sold! So it’s you that has no leg to stand on but then you are like so many others that won’t accept the truth where the cook is concerned will you?