Sign in to follow this  
Bert

Delia needs to sell now

As sure as day turns to night, a few rum results and the whole Delia v Chase argument rears its ugly head.

Its comparing apples to oranges bit for what it's worth...

Chase was successful at a time when small provincial clubs could be successful. In the same era, Coventry, Luton, Oxford and Wimbledon won major honours.

Dont get me wrong Chase does deserve some credit for his work at Norwich, but he shouldn't be painted as some sort of footballing guru achieving things that other similar sized clubs weren't doing at the same time.

Delia isn't blameless, I doubt even she would argue that, but I would argue that for a club of Norwich's size stature and resources, weve achieved close to the maximum that can be achieved in the modern game.

Her tenure will no doubt soon be at an end and I can't help but thinking 'be careful what you wish for'.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, GMF said:

There’s a danger of semantics here on the use of the word paraded. The Americans were definitely given the VIP treatment on the day, so while they definitely weren’t paraded officially, as has been mentioned by others previously, it wasn’t done discretely. 

The aspect I don’t agree with is that it was deliberately orchestrated - careless is probably more apt. The bit I’m certain about, post match, when questions were asked about identities of those in attendance, there was push back from the club on the item being run. The local journalists ran it anyway. There’s evidence within the breaking news videos at the time. 

''I am not sure how up to the mark the club's PR department is nowadays, but even a pretty dense team would have realised that having seven men in suits in a row in the main stand, close to the directors and alongside one of the club's top executives, was going to get noticed. That parade of the seven was in effect sanctioned by the club.''

GMF, obviously I underestimated the denseness of the PR department! I know Joe Ferrari is long gone but he certainly would have realised questions were bound to be asked about the identity of that very obvious group of seven. The club may not have intended it as a parade but that was in effect what it was.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

No point arguing with this tool, we weren’t close to administration in his eyes and had to sell Maddison, or the Murphy twins, or Godfrey or Buendia, Delia is perfect and can do no wrong

As for who will buy, what a dumb question as nobody knows when somebody puts something up for sale do they?

Just shows how thick he really is

So you throw your toys out the pram. Bang on about the admin. Think that Robert Chase was some kind of god then figure that I ask dumb questions then have the audacity to declare im stupid because you dont have an answer?
Just back up some stupid analogy about a house.

Your quick to want Delia out but havent thought about the next step.

To put it in stupid for you.

You finally manage to drive your neighbor out of his house only for some total chav move in with his entire family. 
ie: The Grass is not always greener. 
I expect you will declare me stupid then go back to your "rabble rabble rabble Delia out" half wit drooling. 
Enjoy 😄 

Edited by Nexus_Canary
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

I'm bored or repeating myself. 

Get it through your skull no one wants to buy us the Americans watched us get tonked by spurs and pulled out.

...but investors will gladly look at the other 91 clubs in the football league and many outside of it. 

Yeah of course! 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

So you throw your toys out the pram. Bang on about the admin. Think that Robert Chase was some kind of god then figure that I ask dumb questions then have the audacity to declare im stupid because you dont have an answer?
Just back up some stupid analogy about a house.

Your quick to want Delia out but havent thought about the next step.

To put it in stupid for you.

You finally manage to drive your neighbor out of his house only for some total chav move in with his entire family. 
ie: The Grass is not always greener. 
I expect you will declare me stupid then go back to your "rabble rabble rabble Delia out" half wit drooling. 
Enjoy 😄 

Oh ffs! How do you know what would happen?

you are proving to be a tool of the highest degree, so you should always err on the side of caution because things might go bad?

or they could go really well, maybe you ought to get a new crystal ball as that one is fogged up with your Delia spunkathon!

• Sad 1

Nothing says failure more than repeating the same mistakes over and over and blaming the newest recruits rather than those ultimately calling the shots.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Oh ffs! How do you know what would happen?

you are proving to be a tool of the highest degree, so you should always err on the side of caution because things might go bad?

or they could go really well, maybe you ought to get a new crystal ball as that one is fogged up with your Delia spunkathon!

Well if your daft enough to keep throwing it back im going to keep casting out my line until you shut up or give me a proper answer.

All you can say is Delia is rubbish then lambaste people for "spunkathons" 
You havent actually thought of what the answer is other than "someone buy our club"

What do you want? Big money Saudi's or Yanks? Change Norwich into Chelski, Money Cheat Citeh or Newcash Utd?
Someone destroying the place, Man Utd, Ipswich even!

Be careful what you wish for. 

Top 10 Reasons To Go Fishing | Pure Leisure Blog

Edited by Nexus_Canary

25 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

"Delia out Delia out your a idiot"   

(I answered for you to save you the hassle ) 

Edited by Nexus_Canary

1 hour ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Well if your daft enough to keep throwing it back im going to keep casting out my line until you shut up or give me a proper answer.

All you can say is Delia is rubbish then lambaste people for "spunkathons" 
You havent actually thought of what the answer is other than "someone buy our club"

What do you want? Big money Saudi's or Yanks? Change Norwich into Chelski, Money Cheat Citeh or Newcash Utd?
Someone destroying the place, Man Utd, Ipswich even!

Be careful what you wish for. 

Top 10 Reasons To Go Fishing | Pure Leisure Blog

Neither Delia nor any of the other directors has got any money and you simply cannot compete at the top level without it. Last season should have made that abundantly obvious to every single Canary fan. So if you are happy to lower your expectations of the club that's fine; then stick with Delia in perpetuity. But don't expect more ambitious fans to do likewise. For them, now is the time for change if the club wants to compete at the top level. 

On 14/08/2022 at 08:52, TheBaldOne66 said:

There are too many here who think Delia has never made a bad decision, they think she is perfect when in truth as I stated before she’s done a lot the same as Chase and more!

Yes we’ve had promotions but we only got promoted because we had been relegated too, including to Lge 1, something that is conveniently forgotten!

Chase was criticised for selling the Crown Jewels to keep the banks happy, Delia did the exact same with Maddison but it’s seen as part of the so called plan, a plan that is so bad it’s unsustainable, but it’s ok for her to do it!

If there are any - I'd like you to name names please - they're vastly outnumbered  by those who never think she's made a good one. Won't give her an iota of credit for our successes.

Some of you just hate her. And I don't think it's got anything to do with football.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

Neither Delia nor any of the other directors has got any money and you simply cannot compete at the top level without it. Last season should have made that abundantly obvious to every single Canary fan. So if you are happy to lower your expectations of the club that's fine; then stick with Delia in perpetuity. But don't expect more ambitious fans to do likewise. For them, now is the time for change if the club wants to compete at the top level. 

Id rather lower my expectations and yoyo than sell our souls to be in the Premier league yes.

You guys are quite the anti Delia Tag Team or is it the same account?

A definitive ranking of the top 50 wrestling Tag Teams of all time - Sports  Illustrated

Edited by Nexus_Canary
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

''I am not sure how up to the mark the club's PR department is nowadays, but even a pretty dense team would have realised that having seven men in suits in a row in the main stand, close to the directors and alongside one of the club's top executives, was going to get noticed. That parade of the seven was in effect sanctioned by the club.''

GMF, obviously I underestimated the denseness of the PR department! I know Joe Ferrari is long gone but he certainly would have realised questions were bound to be asked about the identity of that very obvious group of seven. The club may not have intended it as a parade but that was in effect what it was.

Careless, dense, naive. Take your pick!

The irony is that the subsequent disclosure by the Archant boys, for all the Club’s preference for it not to happen, actually did the Club a huge favour. It deflected the likely incoming debate over the viability / suitability of self funding model in the Premier League off towards the possible American investment. A blessing in disguise for the Club, in my opinion.

11 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

If there are any - I'd like you to name names please - they're vastly outnumbered  by those who never think she's made a good one. Won't give her an iota of credit for our successes.

Some of you just hate her. And I don't think it's got anything to do with football.

I don’t hate her as you state, where have I said I hate her? If you can tell me where I’ve said I hate her I’d like to know. There is a huge difference between hate and dislike, I dislike the woman immensely and not just for what’s going on at the football club, I have personal reasons but again don’t HATE her. It’s the same that I dislike certain posters but I don’t hate them either.

I don’t like how people cannot accept things could be better with different owners, please note I said COULD, as nobody knows but things are stagnant now and going wrong so why not change it? 

Nobody knows how things would turn out yet so many people seem to think that it would be bad, and seem to think quoting clubs that have changed owners and it’s gone wrong but dismiss clubs who’ve changed owners and it’s got better, unless they have a crystal ball nobody knows. It’s the same when people say who do you want to take over, or who do you want as a manager? 

All I want is for the club I’ve supported for 52 years to be as successful as possible, that’s not settling for a yo yo club. I would like to see us established in the Prem, that’s all, have a decent cup run maybe win a cup occasionally, and sadly that won’t ever happen with the current set up that’s in place.

can I ask you a question?

Do you settle for what you have in life, or strive to be the best you can? Even at my age I’m always striving to be better and that’s all I want for Norwich City Football Club too, it’s as simple as that.

if people don’t like that, well, it’s tough I’m afraid, I won’t change how I am now to suit others. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Id rather lower my expectations and yoyo than sell our souls to be in the Premier league yes.

A definitive ranking of the top 50 wrestling Tag Teams of all time - Sports  Illustrated

Have me or Vince given you permission to use our picture? I certainly haven’t 🤣🤣

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

But surely yo yoing is the same? Fans who pay good money are taken for a ride when the club sells its best players yet still expects fools like you to continue to pay top dollar to watch! But if you’d rather that, that’s your right, I’m not saying you’re wrong, but it’s not something I would choose as I stated in my response above to Ron.

But because I have a different opinion idiots like you say I MUST be wrong when in truth you don’t know do you? 

I live in a democracy where I am allowed opinion and if it’s different to yours, why is it wrong? Please do enlighten me why it is so wrong to want change please.

11 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Have me or Vince given you permission to use our picture? I certainly haven’t 🤣🤣

I thought it was public domain 😞 Many apologies 😄😄

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nexus_Canary said:

I thought it was public domain 😞 Many apologies 😄😄

I’m still waiting to hear why it’s so wrong to want change at the club without hearing about how other clubs have done after a change

23 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

But surely yo yoing is the same? Fans who pay good money are taken for a ride when the club sells its best players yet still expects fools like you to continue to pay top dollar to watch! But if you’d rather that, that’s your right, I’m not saying you’re wrong, but it’s not something I would choose as I stated in my response above to Ron.

But because I have a different opinion idiots like you say I MUST be wrong when in truth you don’t know do you? 

I live in a democracy where I am allowed opinion and if it’s different to yours, why is it wrong? Please do enlighten me why it is so wrong to want change please.

Fair point -

Honestly, the only time I really lose interest in a football season is the Premier League.
We get tonked, the media rips us to shreds , VAR fcuks us over, its corrupt and panders to the big boys.

First time we went up I was excited, that excitement has dwindled, the last season the media had us written off before a ball had been kicked. We pulled Liverpool and Moneycheat and got tonked. Whats the point?

If we go up again ive half a mind to sell back my ticket for the season and go back again when we get relegated. By the time we fired Farke half our fan base were itching to return to the Champ. Why? Better football and less BS.

I know the aspiration is the Prem we are an OG prem team, we deserve to be there - but its utterly corrupt. 

I would rather we stayed under Delia's stewardship than became Everton, Burnley, Villa, Wolves,  or another "make up the numbers team" I feel football would lose some of its buzz or passion. At least this way we have the highs and something to get angry about rather than "woop we finished 10th again and Man City stole our up and coming U21 for 50m....."

By the same token, i would honestly hate for the club to be bought out by someone who takes away the soul of Norwich. 
We are inclusive and family friendly I would hate it to become another place where the corporate sponsor is respected more than the working class punter.

Your right you are entitled to your opinion 100%, but i will argue it because for me a change of owner is pointless.
This is why i always ask "who then?" when the question comes up. Is there some secret NCFC fan billionaire? A Ryan Reynolds wanting a punt? Or some rich Thai chap? Probably not.

Are there 1000 Mike Ashleys, Marcus Evans, Glaziers and Russell Kings? Yes.

Edited by Nexus_Canary
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

I don’t hate her as you state, where have I said I hate her? If you can tell me where I’ve said I hate her I’d like to know. There is a huge difference between hate and dislike, I dislike the woman immensely and not just for what’s going on at the football club, I have personal reasons but again don’t HATE her. It’s the same that I dislike certain posters but I don’t hate them either.

I don’t like how people cannot accept things could be better with different owners, please note I said COULD, as nobody knows but things are stagnant now and going wrong so why not change it? 

Nobody knows how things would turn out yet so many people seem to think that it would be bad, and seem to think quoting clubs that have changed owners and it’s gone wrong but dismiss clubs who’ve changed owners and it’s got better, unless they have a crystal ball nobody knows. It’s the same when people say who do you want to take over, or who do you want as a manager? 

All I want is for the club I’ve supported for 52 years to be as successful as possible, that’s not settling for a yo yo club. I would like to see us established in the Prem, that’s all, have a decent cup run maybe win a cup occasionally, and sadly that won’t ever happen with the current set up that’s in place.

can I ask you a question?

Do you settle for what you have in life, or strive to be the best you can? Even at my age I’m always striving to be better and that’s all I want for Norwich City Football Club too, it’s as simple as that.

if people don’t like that, well, it’s tough I’m afraid, I won’t change how I am now to suit others. 

I didn't say you did. I said some people did.

Well I'm 72 & currently striving to build a double cartlodge for my daughter single handed. The structure's up (I did have some help with getting the rsj up) & I'm currently clambering over the roof felting & battening it prior to slating. Is that striving enough for you? It certainly feels like it to me. The heat doesn't help.

I can't 'strive' for NCFC. I don't really know what goes on in such an organisation & don't feel competent to decide who should own it & who shouldn't. I suspect the whole enterprise is far more complex than any average football fan would believe.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

I didn't say you did. I said some people did.

Well I'm 72 & currently striving to build a double cartlodge for my daughter single handed. The structure's up (I did have some help with getting the rsj up) & I'm currently clambering over the roof felting & battening it prior to slating. Is that striving enough for you? It certainly feels like it to me. The heat doesn't help.

I can't 'strive' for NCFC. I don't really know what goes on in such an organisation & don't feel competent to decide who should own it & who shouldn't. I suspect the whole enterprise is far more complex than any average football fan would believe.

The quote was some of YOU, so that refers to me, as it was a response to my post.

You should have put some supporters not some of you surely? 

36 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Fair point -

Honestly, the only time I really lose interest in a football season is the Premier League.
We get tonked, the media rips us to shreds , VAR fcuks us over, its corrupt and panders to the big boys.

First time we went up I was excited, that excitement has dwindled, the last season the media had us written off before a ball had been kicked. We pulled Liverpool and Moneycheat and got tonked. Whats the point?

If we go up again ive half a mind to sell back my ticket for the season and go back again when we get relegated. By the time we fired Farke half our fan base were itching to return to the Champ. Why? Better football and less BS.

I know the aspiration is the Prem we are an OG prem team, we deserve to be there - but its utterly corrupt. 

I would rather we stayed under Delia's stewardship than became Everton, Burnley, Villa, Wolves,  or another "make up the numbers team" I feel football would lose some of its buzz or passion. At least this way we have the highs and something to get angry about rather than "woop we finished 10th again and Man City stole our up and coming U21 for 50m....."

By the same token, i would honestly hate for the club to be bought out by someone who takes away the soul of Norwich. 
We are inclusive and family friendly I would hate it to become another place where the corporate sponsor is respected more than the working class punter.

Your right you are entitled to your opinion 100%, but i will argue it because for me a change of owner is pointless.
This is why i always ask "who then?" when the question comes up. Is there some secret NCFC fan billionaire? A Ryan Reynolds wanting a punt? Or some rich Thai chap? Probably not.

Are there 1000 Mike Ashleys, Marcus Evans, Glaziers and Russell Kings? Yes.

That’s fine, as I say you are entitled to your opinion which is to stay as it is, which is your right of course.

I disagree and feel change could benefit us, but it may not. Unless it happens nobody knows, it just gets on my nerves when people appear to know what will happen, when the reality is they don’t but they cannot accept others opinions that are different to theirs 

(Replying to TheBaldOne66)

Some of you implies that you may not be included, e.g. some of you have blue eyes. Apparently you're one of those who merely has an 'extreme dislike'

And if you'd prefer to use the label 'extreme dislike' rather than 'hate' That's fine.

And how's the striving to improve NCFC going by the way? Any improvement yet?

Edited by ron obvious

5 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Some of you implies that you may not be included, e.g. some of you have blue eyes. Apparently you're one of those who merely has an 'extreme dislike'

And if you'd prefer to use the label 'extreme dislike' rather than 'hate' That's fine.

There is a difference between extreme dislike and hate though isn’t there?

im sure you are educated enough to know that, also the word you implies you are responding to that post by me. 

again I’m sure you are educated enough to know that 

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

A clue in all of this is how Wynnie get's a free ride everytime...

It is personal. Or he wouldn't.

Not from all of us I include MJW in my view of the majority shareholding! I can’t say anyone “hates” the current owners but some of us would like to take a chance on a new vision, fresh younger board with some oomf and one which strives for continuing improvement with a little pressure being applied on standards! I get the impression that our current owners are happy to let the Webbers run the club, almost like carers for the pensioners at their home! 😂😂😉

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

Not from all of us I include MJW in my view of the majority shareholding! I can’t say anyone “hates” the current owners but some of us would like to take a chance on a new vision, fresh younger board with some oomf and one which strives for continuing improvement with a little pressure being applied on standards! I get the impression that our current owners are happy to let the Webbers run the club, almost like carers for the pensioners at their home! 😂😂😉

I know Indy. You've become far more reasonable. You don't even put up the fake binner pictures anymore 😂😂😉

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I know Indy. You've become far more reasonable. You don't even put up the fake binner pictures anymore 😂😂😉

I have a nice history of supporting the clubs charity events hosted by Delia during various charity events over the past 30 years, had some great chats with her too, we might not see eye to eye on things but she’s a pleasure to talk to.

PS just for you! Your favourite picture!

image.jpeg.50b47a2fdbc9b5dd770b8aad66dabfff.jpeg

Edited by Indy
  • Sad 1

Just now, Indy said:

I have a nice history of supporting Delia during various charity events over the past 30 years, had some great chats with her too, we might not see eye to eye on things but she’s a pleasure to talk to.

Yes she is. So is Wynnie. And really interesting on all things NCFC.. He started going to games before I was born.

As if people thought they tried to buy the binners...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Indy said:

I have a nice history of supporting the clubs charity events hosted by Delia during various charity events over the past 30 years, had some great chats with her too, we might not see eye to eye on things but she’s a pleasure to talk to.

PS just for you! Your favourite picture!

image.jpeg.50b47a2fdbc9b5dd770b8aad66dabfff.jpeg

That ones not fake though. It tells half the story. By that time Delia had been a season ticket holder here for 6 years.