Sign in to follow this  
Flying Dutchman

I know the table is irrelevant 3 games in, but...

1 minute ago, MORDENCANARY said:

Smith needs to get four pointsĀ  this week. So basically a win against Huddersfield and a point from Millwall.Ā 

Ā .

Nope, for me itā€™s six points required.Ā That probably putsĀ us within strikingĀ distance (in touch) after 5 games. Ā 
Andā€¦..I think we will get the six points!Ā 

The table is relevant, pre-season isnā€™t. Ā I thought we had a tough run of fixtures at the start of last season - not this. Ā Smith needs to go.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Danbury Yellow said:

Nope, for me itā€™s six points required.Ā That probably putsĀ us within strikingĀ distance (in touch) after 5 games. Ā 
Andā€¦..I think we will get the six points!Ā 

Here's hopingĀ 

We face Huddersfield and Millwall at home next week.

For me it's 6 points or Smith gets fired. Anything less is not good enough. I hope and expect the board to be thinking similarĀ 

• Like 2

I dont mind starting the season slowly at all, the usual good omens of seasons past with building momentum. So it bodes well to me to have a slow start, however if Dean 'Gaffney' Smith (same levels of talent) doesnt sort it out the shots to goals/winning problem quickly then we have to get rid and get some fresh managerial talent in. The squad is a top 6 one on paper hands down, I just don't see a direction or style of play under Gaffney and hence a waste of potential of the team.

For me he gets 2 more games and it's a 4 point minimum or 'Dean and Well ard' get the hook!

It is really bad for confidence.Ā 

Farke had some dodgy starts in the Championship, but we were never bottom.

I think the most telling thing from today was when Mark Rivers said on Canary Call that Dean Smith is "boring", and he switches off when Smith is talking. When asked if the players would do the same, he said "of course they would".Ā 

55 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

With about only 6% of the season gone?

Behave.

Weā€™ve played Hull, Wigan and Cardiff. Iā€™m interested to know what points tally youā€™d have expected from those games. Minimum of 7, IMO. It doesnā€™t matter if these were the first 3, the last 3 or a random mid-season 3 games; our return is diabolical.Ā 

10 minutes ago, mrdi said:

Weā€™ve played Hull, Wigan and Cardiff. Iā€™m interested to know what points tally youā€™d have expected from those games. Minimum of 7, IMO. It doesnā€™t matter if these were the first 3, the last 3 or a random mid-season 3 games; our return is diabolical.Ā 

Wait, what?

In the original postĀ I said that's not how I thought it would look, indicating i would have expected better.

I dont understand your comment. You are literally agreeing with my opening post šŸ¤”

It's like you're trying to make a point that isn't there to be made...

Ā 

Edited by Flying Dutchman

10 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

Wait, what?

In the original postĀ I said that's not how I thought it would look, indicating i would have expected better.

I dont understand your comment. You are literally agreeing with my opening post šŸ¤”

It's like you're trying to make a point that isn't there to be made...

Ā 

In context then, your response to Winning 25 makes no sense (which is what my reply is to, not your thread-starter).Ā Stop arguing with yourself!

49 minutes ago, mrdi said:

In context then, your response to Winning 25 makes no sense (which is what my reply is to, not your thread-starter).Ā Stop arguing with yourself!

I said the table is irrelevant after only 3 games. Which it is.Ā 

He said it was relevant. I can't believe I'm having to explain this.

Go have a little lay down.

1 hour ago, alex_ncfc said:

It is really bad for confidence.Ā 

Farke had some dodgy starts in the Championship, but we were never bottom.

I think the most telling thing from today was when Mark Rivers said on Canary Call that Dean Smith is "boring", and he switches off when Smith is talking. When asked if the players would do the same, he said "of course they would".Ā 

Yeah but Rivers also said keep getting the ball to Hernandez, he's exciting and a great player to only then essentially say he's rubbish and should have played Sinani instead,Ā  even though he's not seen Sinani play.

He also said he hates teams who pass out from the back and much prefers a direct 4-4-2. All whilst simultaneously harking back to the Farke days without the faintest sense of irony.

So I'm not sure he's the best to rely on, as good a player he once was.

I reckon nobody would have bet on us, Middlesbrough and West Brom all being in the bottom 6 with no wins between us!

38 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Anyone pulling their hair out after THREE games is insane.

We're playing well ... letĀ things blend and we'll be more than fine.

This!

But alas, haters gonna hate andĀ pant wettersĀ gonna be wet.

The strange things to me is, haters and wettersĀ always have to blame someone else for hating or being wet.

Same with moanersā€¦ā€¦

Edited by CirclePoint

9 hours ago, Flying Dutchman said:

With about only 6% of the season gone?

Behave.

Never understand why people think points in the first 6% of the season are less important than points in the last 6%šŸ¤·

8 hours ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Anyone pulling their hair out after THREE games is insane.

We're playing well ... letĀ things blend and we'll be more than fine.

I think it's more the fact the obvious issues from last season under Smith are still present. Giving away cheap goals from simple errors, poor finishing at the other end and no passion or obvious style of tactical play. Can't score, can't defend. You can "play" as well as you like but it's a results game and currently Smith is losing.Ā 

Edited by AJ

8 hours ago, Flying Dutchman said:

I said the table is irrelevant after only 3 games. Which it is.Ā 

He said it was relevant. I can't believe I'm having to explain this.

Go have a little lay down.

Iā€™m saying itā€™s NOT irrelevant. You canā€™t claim it to be irrevelant while pointing at it shouting ā€œEVERYONE, LOOK!ā€

The table is a reflection of form and being bottom at ANYĀ time (yes, even after only 6% of the season) is damning.Ā 
Ā 

Had that lie down, made no difference. Your turn.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

25 minutes ago, mrdi said:

Iā€™m saying itā€™s NOT irrelevant. You canā€™t claim it to be irrevelant while pointing at it shouting ā€œEVERYONE, LOOK!ā€

The table is a reflection of form and being bottom at ANYĀ time (yes, even after only 6% of the season) is damning.Ā 
Ā 

Had that lie down, made no difference. Your turn.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

SmartSelect_20220814-081030_Chrome.jpg

18 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

Ā 

SmartSelect_20220814-081030_Chrome.jpg

Donā€™t ā€˜Jean Luc Picard memeā€™ me, pal.Ā