Sign in to follow this  
Ulf Ottosson

List of New Manager Contenders

Mike Newell

Phil Parkinson

Steve Tilson - southend

Paul Simpson - Carlisle Manager - has worked miracles there set for second successive promotion

Mark Bowen

Ian Crook

Newell would be my 1st choice too.

Plus I got a £20 bet with my Luton supporting mate that he''ll be our manager within a year!

I''m all for Newell on this one. I''ve stated the reasons for this in the past but i''ll just state the main one again.

If you want to see Norwich playing attractive, free flowing, passing, attacking football with no fear of the oppostition then he is the man. Look at how Luton play.

Would definitely welcome back steve bruce. IMO an experienced manager is needed next rather than a small club manager or untried coach. we''ve done that.

[quote user="gazban"]Would definitely welcome back steve bruce. IMO an experienced manager is needed next rather than a small club manager or untried coach. we''ve done that.[/quote]

My god! The amount of fans who have their vision blinded by green and yellow goggles amazes me. Steve Bruce can be added to the daft suggestions for next manager along with Crook, Bowen and Iwan.

I would never want Steve Bruce as manager. I was vehemently against his appointment when Hamilton was sacked and am even more vehemently against it now.

Just what has Steve Bruce ever done in management? "He got Brum promoted and established in the Premier league" i hear you cry.

Yes, he did. BUT he got a brum side up that had one of the best squads in the division, (that had one of the best squads for several seasons but always failed under Trevor Francis). He has got them established in the Premiership yes, but how much cash has he had to throw at the situation? Loads, and still to my knowledge has never got them threatening the top ten.

He now looks like he is going to get them relegated as well (something i would love to see personally, always hated Brum and their scummy fans, i would much prefer to see them relegated ahead of West Brom).

Prior to his "great acheivements" at Brum he walked out on about 3 or 4 clubs as soon as a better offer came along. So he is disloyal as well as no great shakes as a manager.

Steve Bruce is one of those managers who struggles like hell is he has no money to throw at a situation. Bearing in mind our plight if we don''t get promoted next season that is exactly what we don''t need.

nigel worthington. because he''s not going, despite your stupid little protests

Paul Sturrock,

Mrtin Allen

I like Holloway although some here dont

and dare i say it a mr Royle..... the scummers have a better manager then we could ever dream of having! it would be great to poach him off them!

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Paul Sturrock,

Mrtin Allen

I like Holloway although some here dont

and dare i say it a mr Royle..... the scummers have a better manager then we could ever dream of having! it would be great to poach him off them!

jas :)

[/quote]

You don''t want to see bright, attractive, attacking football then?

You want more of a comedian/eccentric in charge?

Thank God for some sense. I am firmly of the belief we need new management, but find myself terrified at the number of people who are proposing that Iwan Roberts,  Steve Bruce etc are ideal candidates. This would be a huge mistake, I have even heard people suggest Fleck!!

I think that there are some interesting suggestions around, but personally would consider Newell or Parkinson are good candidates and are ready to take the next step up from their current positions, it would be nice to see a manager who supports playing attractive attacking football rather than punt it up until one the ball bounces in somehow then get all 11 players back on the line and try to hold on to the lead!

I found this on a football website (that i don''t trust)

"NORWICH :This information has been sourced from a very reliable place and I, personally believe to be truthful!

Worthington will leave Norwich with a 800k payoff in the summer. His replacement will either be Mike Newell, Mark Bowen or Gertjan Verbeek who will have to take advantage of the Bosman free market as there will be little capital left after worthington''s £800k! RW"

Who the hell is Gertjan Verbeek?