rock bus

Dean Smith just isn’t right for our club

Knee jerk reaction to going behind to Hulll.., maybe? But even if we come back to win today I still don’t think smith is right to for us.

i don’t think he’s heart Is in it and we have no love for him. He’s still trying to get over villa and we’re just trying to get over Farke.

Let’s just admit it’s not working.. he can leave with some dignity and find a league club. We can find a manager who can motivate our players and knows what style they want and at least give us a fighting chance of making the play offs.

Need to do it now before it’s too late!

• Like 3

Thing is he's done nothing memorable for us since he came here. There's absolutely nothing in his credit account. 

• Like 9

I can't think of a manager less suited to being a Norwich manager in our history. Other crap managers we've had you've understood why they were employed, and why to an extent they were persisted with. 

I can't think of a single reason for employing him to start with and not a single redeeming feature he has for persisting with him further. 4 games or not, just get him gone, and yes I'll still say this if the miracle happens and we turn this around. 

Why did someone argue we can’t sack him after 4 games? He’s had far more than that - we have had him for months with this dire football. Someone good on stats might like to give us his win percentage- it must be one of the worst in our history - get rid of him. He doesn’t suit this club at all and can’t get a tune out of us 

Just now, Winning 25 said:

We should never have sacked Farke and anyone on here who was glad we did, when we did, let this be a lesson to you

I think Farke had lost the dressing room. Hard though it is to say that because I loved him. But what we needed was a successor to continue what he started- not an absolute clogger who plays a different style and hasn’t improved a single thing 

• Like 1

Boring, no identity, shows bias in his selections.  Its ridiculous really.

Would love to give him time but he doesn't fit us at all. 

Never was Webbers first choice either, so god knows what he thinks. Much regret in his mind right now I imagine. 

But, it's because of supporters like me that wanted Farke out that is part of the blame. Huge mistake, this is just pure dog ****e.

3 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

If you cant be a good manager be a lucky one

Was actually going to post that he doesn't seem to have much luck. The goal we conceded today, blimey

When Farke left I said Paul Warne would be an ideal manager & I still stand by that, every time I’ve seen Rotherham play, they’ve been very good going forward & play really exciting football. Some might say that they yo yo between league 1 & the championship, but their playing budget must be minuscule compared to other championship teams, so I think they are punching well above their weight. How long do you give Smith, wait until Hayden & Sara are fit & up to speed, then see what happens. Like every Norwich fan, I want Smith to succeed, but I’m not sure whether he’s the best person for the here & now. 

Edited by Top corner
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

What is the point of Rashica? He scored against L1 charlton but aside from that…???

He's being played to put in the shop window, it's hugely evident. Scouts were at last match watching him, worst kept secret sadly. 

• Like 1

Just now, Google Bot said:

He's being played to put in the shop window, it's hugely evident. Scouts were at last match watching him, worst kept secret sadly. 

Well they aren’t going to sign him on these performances!! 

The Wee Alex experience indicated just how much a new manager is capable of making the difference with a decent squad of players who are underperforming.

I have always said that Smith needs a fair crack, but it's actually based upon conforming with the usual sensible thing to do with any newbie.

It needs no deep thinking to realise that this is based upon little else.

Lose today, and this season's start will be a thorough disgrace.

I have actually less confidence that the pair of dinosaurs standing on the touchline in the City colours are capable of turning things around than I have of Dean Smith and Shakespeare becoming one of the worst managerial teams in our history.

Do they actually do wins in league game?

Managerial record by team and tenure
Team From To Record Ref
P W D L Win %
Walsall 4 January 2011 30 November 2015 260 84 96 80 32.31 [105]
Brentford 30 November 2015 10 October 2018 143 57 35 51 39.86 [105]
Aston Villa 10 October 2018 7 November 2021 139 55 28 56 39.57 [105]
Norwich City 15 November 2021 Present 33 6 7 20 18.18 [105]
Total 575 202 166 207 35.13  
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BroadstairsR said:

The Wee Alex experience indicated just how much a new manager is capable of making the difference with a decent squad of players who are underperforming.

I have always said that Smith needs a fair crack, but it's actually based upon conforming with the usual sensible thing to do with any newbie.

It needs no deep thinking to realise that this is based upon little else.

Lose today, and this season's start will be a thorough disgrace.

I have actually less confidence that the pair of dinosaurs standing on the touchline in the City colours are capable of turning things around than I have of Dean Smith and Shakespeare becoming one of the worst managerial teams in our history.

Do they actually do wins in league game?

The start is indeed a disgrace. People were debating if we were automatics or playoffs and after 3 games we are bottom of the league. It literally couldn’t be worse in terms of position - we are the worst team in the division in terms of results. Anyone who thinks that doesn’t put a question mark over Smith is taking clapping to a new level. 

Even now, I still don't get what brand of football DS is trying to promote. No guile, no creativity, no confidence. He has to go tonight irrespective of the result

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Top corner said:

When Farke left I said Paul Warne would be an ideal manager & I still stand by that, every time I’ve seen Rotherham play, they’ve been very good going forward & play really exciting football. Some might say that they yo yo between league 1 & the championship, but their playing budget must be minuscule compared to other championship teams, so I think they are punching well above their weight. How long do you give Smith, wait until Hayden & Sara are fit & up to speed, then see what happens. Like every Norwich fan, I want Smith to succeed, but I’m not sure whether he’s the best person for the here & now. 

I was talking to someone high up in the game last night and I am a personal old friend of Paul he said it would be a bad idea 

I don’t think he would do well here either

no experience of buying better players etc 

his main strength is buying very cheap players and making them work and motivated he will do well at a smaller club 

but not a club this size 

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

I was talking to someone high up in the game last night and I am a personal old friend of Paul he said it would be a bad idea 

his main strength is buying very cheap players and making them work and motivated he will do well at a smaller club 

but not a club this size 

Managers don't buy players at our football club, Farke was a head coach and so is Dean Smith.

ps. Isn't this precisely what Farke did here? Cheap players and kids, made them work hard, motivated and improved them?

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

but not a club this size 

And those type of players kept us in the EPL for three seasons.

• Like 1

Absolutely agree, this match is awful to watch yet again, our attacks are so slow and we're just way too easy to defend against. Win or lose, I just want to know where are the tactics = old school English manager with no ideas.

Just now, Ash.m87 said:

Absolutely agree, this match is awful to watch yet again, our attacks are so slow and we're just way too easy to defend against. Win or lose, I just want to know where are the tactics = old school English manager with no ideas.

Old school manager who looked good because he had a superstar player in Grealish- and who has been found out ever since. 

• Like 1