chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Hull (L/A) *****

1 minute ago, chicken said:

Tuesday nights game. Was absolutely awful. No movement, lots of telling other players where to run, never at the races really. 

So you just drop our only physical dimension up front entirely?

shît

management

Tuesday nights game. Was absolutely awful. No movement, lots of telling other players where to run, never at the races really. 

Funny how people see the game differently. Thought he looked as fit as I’d seen him, held the ball well and worked the channels. Don’t think he’s better option than Pukki but thought he had a sound game 

Sara looked leggy on Tuesday, would be unfair to have him on the bench ahead of players able to go the whole 90mins if needed.

Yep not a player we want to rush

• Like 1

Going to be honest I like that team from what’s available, I’d personally have gone more conservative and played Gibbs over Dowell.

Can’t accuse Smith of not giving it a go though, that’s a very attacking lineup away from home.

• Like 1

That midfield looks powder puff. Would have preferred Gibbs starting in his natural position. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Sinani MOM on Tuesday then dropped, bonkers

Exactly 

If Rashica does not have a good game today 

i hope someone at board level asks questions about smith 

Edited by norfolkngood
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CANARYKING said:

Team selection seems more weird by the week, you’re telling me that Dowell comes in for Sinani, ridiculous 

You forgetting Smith saying that Dowell was set to be our new 'star man' this coming season?

Sara surely just being eased back in. Lots of games in the next 2 weeks for him to come back to

I would have chosen Gibbs for Kenny but otherwise looks good for me

The main worry is lack of defensive cover. Have to pray Max doesn't get injured in the 10th minute 

Well I can't see us keeping a clean sheet with that line-up but hope I'm wrong.

Huge pressure on our creative players to do the unthinkable and actually create something for Pukki.

5 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Team selection seems more weird by the week, you’re telling me that Dowell comes in for Sinani, ridiculous 

Cup games always see a lot of change. So you have to look at consistency across league games.

Dowell is essentially taking Cantwell's spot in midfield with Sargent dropping to the bench to allow Cantwell to play further up the pitch. In many ways that makes sense. Cantwell is a good attacking player, Dowell perhaps lacks the pace to be out and out attacking and playing the roll Cantwell did before. Fairly similar in that sense but Dowell plays the ball more and lack of out right pace probably suits being in the middle rather than wide. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chichcan said:

Sara surely just being eased back in. Lots of games in the next 2 weeks for him to come back to

The main worry is lack of defensive cover. Have to pray Max doesn't get injured in the 10th minute 

Will be interesting to see if Sara gets a start on Tuesday

1 minute ago, Chichcan said:

Nunez is also a right back, so we would have to shuffle the back. I'm more concerned one of CBs get injured and Gibson has to play.

3 minutes ago, Chichcan said:

Farke with Emi springs to mind re: Sara - that was considered great management. Obvious that for some it couldn’t be with Smith….

Edited by Branston Pickle

I'd suggest from the lineup that we aren't really intending doing much defending.

I have a feeling we win today. We've seen half hour glimpses so far of The Plan™️ and I think today will be an open shoot-out (Hull are also an attacking team). 3-1 Norwich, sending the signal to the national media to migrate from the cold winters of Norwich Are Useless, They're So Weak to the balmy climes of Parachute Payments Are An Unfair, Norwich Are Too Good.

• Like 1

Any hope extinguished by that line up,  Smith needs to go, Sara news could have been given at presser unless injured today.

Totally mental. No holding midfielder. We could dominate the ball and lose 3-0. Presumably Sara hasn't shown the right attitude ib training and will eventually be shipped out on loan. 

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Nunez is also a right back, so we would have to shuffle the back. I'm more concerned one of CBs get injured and Gibson has to play.

True, but it would be pretty dicey to have both full backs as out of position midfielders

I think he'd have to change to 3 at the back and bring on Gibson if that happens 

1 minute ago, Petriix said:

Totally mental. No holding midfielder. We could dominate the ball and lose 3-0. Presumably Sara hasn't shown the right attitude ib training and will eventually be shipped out on loan. 

McLean will be holding and Sara is almost certainly being eased back in.

Just now, Unhinged Canary said:

At last! Common sense prevails!

I’m not saying he should start or whatever but he’s literally our up front physical presence? Worth having to bring on and change the game a bit? An extra dimension in our play?

no

Dean Smith is ***îng useless

That’s an interesting team lineup. Either Gibbs is good enough or he isn’t, Kenny in the DM role inspires me with zero confidence, too much time pointing at the players he’s supposed to be tracking and dealing with instead of getting on with the job. Also think it’s harsh on Sinani.

• Like 2