chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Hull (L/A) *****

1 minute ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Oi! I will not hear a bad word against ASKOU he was my cult hero back then, could head a ball further than he could kick it! Had ASKOU 33 on my L1 away shirt 🤣

It was Goran Maric who Lambert said could chest it further than Lambert could kick it (when trying to control the ball).

Came from the Barcelona B team didn't he? ha

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

It was Goran Maric who Lambert said could chest it further than Lambert could kick it (when trying to control the ball).

Came from the Barcelona B team didn't he? ha

Something like that 😂

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Wtaf - we haven’t lost or won or drawn, that’s the entire point.

By all means whinge at the table (after just 3 games) if you must - and god alone knows you’re bound to - but at half time?  

BP, I am normally with you on everything but the Groundhog Day effect after similar performances against Cardiff and Wigan are very worrying. We failed to dig three points out of those two fixtures and nearly threw away the League Cup game too in a sloppy manner.

It might not seem like a lot of evidence but it doesn't smell right. Carbon copy performances and the blind faith we will be alright are the real worry here.

I really hope Smith found his ephiphany in the dressing room at HT - I would love us to stick 2 or 3 in this half and stop the rot but the signs aren't there.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but we looked like prime Barcelona under Farke in the championship…

Yeah, in Farke's 2nd season, and even then after a really slow start. Get a f8Ckin reality check

• Like 1

Dean Smith has simply failed to regalvanise and reshape this team over the summer. Not saying it is an easy thing to do after a relegation, but he's simply failed regardless, its not working out.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

It's early doors in the season so I'm not pushing the panic button yet but what is worrying is the fact the teams we have faced so far finished 18th, 19th and 20th last year plus one who was in League 1. Not exactly a stella calibre of opponent.

Need to start scoring because we can't rely on our defence to keep any team out atm.

OTBC

• Like 1

Just now, Samwam27 said:

Yeah, in Farke's 2nd season, and even then after a really slow start. Get a f8Ckin reality check

You’re a clown fella. We’ve a team and budget that the majority of this league can only dream of having. We also have a manager who’s clueless in how to get the best out of them. 

Just now, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

It's early doors in the season so I'm not pushing the panic button yet

At least hover your finger somewhere just above it.

• Haha 1

Just now, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

It's early doors in the season so I'm not pushing the panic button yet but what is worrying is the fact the teams we have faced so far finished 18th, 19th and 20th last year plus one who was in League 1. Not exactly a stella calibre of opponent.

Need to start scoring because we can't rely on our defence to keep any team out atm.

OTBC

It is a defender who has scored our only league goal

1 minute ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

BP, I am normally with you on everything but the Groundhog Day effect after similar performances against Cardiff and Wigan are very worrying. We failed to dig three points out of those two fixtures and nearly threw away the League Cup game too in a sloppy manner.

It might not seem like a lot of evidence but it doesn't smell right. Carbon copy performances and the blind faith we will be alright are the real worry here.

I really hope Smith found his ephiphany in the dressing room at HT - I would love us to stick 2 or 3 in this half and stop the rot but the signs aren't there.

I don’t disagree - my point was people seemingly using the half-time table as a ‘thing’. It’s ridiculous.

I really couldn’t give a toss who the manager is, I want what’s best for the club and binning a guy so soon into to the season doesn’t do it for me.  Bit he clearly needs to turn resilts around.  And sharpish.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, duke63 said:

Last time we romped this League we didn’t really start playing until November. 

Yes but we also weren't this bad either 

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Dean Smith has simply failed to regalvanise and reshape this team over the summer. Not saying it is an easy thing to do after a relegation, but he's simply failed regardless, its not working out.

Why is Webber getting away with it in this thread? Part time sporting director, full time charlatan

• Thanks 1

Just now, WD40 said:

Why is Webber getting away with it in this thread? Part time sporting director, full time charlatan

Yep. If Smith does get sacked, I don't want Webber around to pick the replacement.

2 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Who on the pitch or the bench is actually in goal scoring form?

Nobody, it's why we got relegated last season

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Virtual reality said:

You’re a clown fella. We’ve a team and budget that the majority of this league can only dream of having. We also have a manager who’s clueless in how to get the best out of them. 

VR as Duke has also said "Last time we romped this League we didn’t really start playing until November. "

My question was, were we looking clueless before AArons yet again gave away a suicide goal?

If we don't respond this half, and show some spirit, then it may not be all Smiths fault, as it might be the players don't care for playing for him? You have to give managers time, but for every stupid goal conceded, and every next match lost, Smith will only have himself to blame

3 minutes ago, duke63 said:

Yes but we were also picking up points regularly despite not playing that well in the early stages

4 minutes ago, duke63 said:

Apart from the 13 points in October

Just now, Samwam27 said:

VR as Duke has also said "Last time we romped this League we didn’t really start playing until November. "

My question was, were we looking clueless before AArons yet again gave away a suicide goal?

If we don't respond this half, and show some spirit, then it may not be all Smiths fault, as it might be the players don't care for playing for him? You have to give managers time, but for every stupid goal conceded, and every next match lost, Smith will only have himself to blame

If the manager has lost the dressing room then it's arguably partly his fault. The head coaches job in this system is to man manager and get the players playing.