chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Hull (L/A) *****

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Unlucky Pukki, very good save.

Genuinely think your trolling it's was a basic save good height and very close to the keeper

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

Last three games have seen some right proper brain farts. Gibson's "pass" out against Wigan. Sinani hitting Dowell in the cup tie, now that.

thats what you get from the so called "quality players

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

No idea how people are blaming Dean Smith for Max booting the ball at our own player two yards in the box.

The setup and selection of the side has been correct and we've been much the better side.

Better sides actually score goals when it matters and do not give away easy goals.

Better sides are not such predictable losers.

Better sides actually win games.

If we are the better side today, we will go on to win this.

How confident are you of this happening now?

• Like 3

This is very similar to last season. Give away easy goals and can't score. With the exception of the last effort from  Pukki, all of our efforts have been powder puff shots straight at the keeper.

3 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

Dean Smith is an absolute charlatan. We’re currently bottom of the championship and look utterly clueless 

Did we look clueless before the goal, as stats seem to say we were well on top. Our defence is clueless, always has been!

1 minute ago, CANARYKING said:

Smith has 45 minutes to save his job

Yeah, I was thinking that too. Last week I saw a good team trying to get out. If Smith can't this group playing then we need to start looking ASAP.

Just now, Virtual reality said:

It’s called a live table, astonishing isn’t it…

That means absolutely nothing. Matches are played over 90 minutes. Astonishing, isn’t it.

3 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

It's not blaming him for that certain act. 

It's the fact nothing looks different, we huff and puff and look alright to start, then we can't score, we **** up at the back and give them a goal and look like we've already lost. 

And as it stands we are bottom of the championship. 

Something has to change, results/performances or smith. 

Or Webber! The signings he has (mostly) overseen are a joke

2 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

We are bottom of the league at this moment but Hogesar still doesn’t want us to criticise 

If you criticise the right things, no problem.

If someone could tell me what's wrong with the way DS has coached and set-up the team for today, I'm all ears.

I'm not even a massive DS fan, I didn't understand the initial appointment and you can go back and see that in my posting history.

But he's set us up to attack, we've limited them to long-range, speculative attempts bar the one defensive catastrophe which happens to all teams, including us under Farke.

We've not taken our chances, that we've created more and much better opportunities of than our opponent, away from home.sts.png.7f279eba8f47af68893c8b8c5b286bf1.png

• Like 4

Just now, Samwam27 said:

Did we look clueless before the goal, as stats seem to say we were well on top. Our defence is clueless, always has been!

We’ve looked clueless since he’s been the manager of the club…

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Last three games have seen some right proper brain farts. Gibson's "pass" out against Wigan. Sinani hitting Dowell in the cup tie, now that.

Ah yes but they’re all great guys in the.dressing room. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, City 2nd said:

Or Webber! The signings he has (mostly) overseen are a joke

I'll add Webber into it. 

I genuinely forgot about the cretin 

1 minute ago, Herman said:

Yeah, I was thinking that too. Last week I saw a good team trying to get out. If Smith can't this group playing then we need to start looking ASAP.

We aren't going to sack a manager 4 games into a season.

I know we did when it was Bryan Gunn, but he did allegedly chin Ian Crook after a 7-1 home defeat so that's a bit different. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Sorensen is absolute garbage at left back, Omabamedelie has literally done nothing since his return from injury except be involved in two very poor concessions, McLean is so slow I’ve seen slugs move quicker, Rashica may aswell just go home and dowell is clearly not fit enough for the game. 
Drop the impressive Sinani, leave some bite in Gibbs on the bench, Sara has fitness-he played Tuesday. 
I’ve defended Smith, but he is really starting to grate me with his baffling decisions. Watch the full backs when a team is on the attack, they suck in towards the centre backs. Why? The wingers are out wide. 

Edited by Dr Greenthumb
  • Like 1

Clappers need to unite, your hero is f'ing things properly up.  What a surprise

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

That means absolutely nothing. Matches are played over 90 minutes. Astonishing, isn’t it.

And we've played 3 x 90minutes and haven't won against any of them astonishing isn't it. 

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

What hill is he walking up this week?

Ketts. It's a struggle to drag his ego behind him though 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor

It’s soooo frustrating at present - seems years ago that we could actually win games. They will now sit back with 10 men and park the bus - just you wait and see and we will struggle to create anything. You can’t keep dominating teams and not scoring or defending 

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

What hill is he walking up this week?

Castle Hill, Thetford 👆👍

Is that now 3 matches where the opposition has weathered our storm and scored with their first attempt on target?

I have never been one for kneejerk reactions with changing managers but we have a fundamental problem in defence based on what has happened so far this season (and the end of last season) plus we cannot convert any of the play we do have into a proportionate amount of goals.

There seems to be no sign of improvement from match to match and my patience is now wearing thin.

Can't defend, can't score, can't change it...Webber needs to be looking for a replacement sharpish.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

We aren't going to sack a manager 4 games into a season.

I know we did when it was Bryan Gunn, but he did allegedly chin Ian Crook after a 7-1 home defeat so that's a bit different. 

There's always a first time (or second technically).😀