chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Hull (L/A) *****

May be an image of 3 people and text
May be an image of text that says "GLOBAL KICK-OFF Helsinki 17:00 Toronto 10:00 Norwich 15:00 HULL CITYV NOWCHCITY Berlin 16:00 Tampa Bay 10:00 Los Angeles 07:00 Beijing 22:00 Skopje 16:00 Abu Dhabi 18:00 Rio De Janeiro 11:00 Seoul 23:00 Hong Kong 22:00 Bangkok 21:00 Nairobi 17:00 TAMPA BAY FLORIDA Buenos Aires 11:00 Sydney 00:00"
May be an image of outdoors and stadium

Videos:

Articles:
The Pink'Un has it's usual presser coverage article here.
Canaries.co.uk have the clubs official build up piece here.
Hull have their own pre match piece here.
The BBC, once more, couldn't care less about non EPL teams in terms of pre match pieces it would seem, I'll not even bother mentioning it anymore after this... 

Ins, out's, shake em all abouts:
Norwich: Byram remains out but is hoped he will return for the Millwall fixture. McCallum is confirmed out until after the World Cup (early/mid December), he's had an operation on a metatarsal injury. Giannoulis remains out with an ankle ligament injury. Precaution was taken over Cantwell and Gibson who both picked up knocks in the previous game against Wigan so rested for the cup match Vs Birmingham and could be set to return. Sara got more minutes in his legs in that game, as did Dowell who made his first appearance coming back from injury.
Hull: Hull have a relatively long list of injuries it would seem, Longman remains side-lined with injury along with Docherty, Tyler Smith and with Baxter, Fleming and Sinik continuing to recover from their respective injuries. 

A little bit of knowledge:
I think it's fair to say that Hull are known to court the bizarre at times, either with owners rebranding them or with outlandish claims from chairman. By that I mean in 1984, chairman Don Robinson declared that they would play the first ever football match on the Moon. Somewhat surprisingly, they were unable to find any opposition to travel with them to play against. I think Robinson may have gotten a little carried away after a squad visit to NASA's Cape Canaveral base. Some might say he was aiming a little high... or that maybe he was high.

Hull city also took part in England's first ever shoot out, which they lost to Manchester Utd in the semi final of the Watney Cup, which didn't last long as a competition, in 1970. None other than George Best scored the first spot-kick. Denis Law then became the first player to have a penalty saved in a shoot-out whilst Hull keeper McKechnie became the first player to miss when he got the deciding penalty all wrong.

Hull City FC was founded in 1904 and first participated in the league in the 1905-1906 season. I think it is fair to say that Hull's traditional place in the footballing pyramid in England is somewhere between the 2nd and 3rd tiers. This has only changed since the millennium when they were promoted to the Premier League, or top tier, for the first time having finished third in the Championship and winning the following play-off's in the 2007-08 season. Since then, they have been in the Premier League for a total of five seasons. They returned to the Championship last season after one season in League One having been relegated at the end of the previous campaign.

Lastly, it may be a little early to get too festive, but Hull and Grimsby were the only two teams exempt from playing on Christmas day until the early 1960's, when fixtures on the 25th of December were common. This was because fans in the fishing industry needed to be at work.

Rays Funds for the Community Sports Foundation:
Nutty has his PUPs thread up and running as usual. Please do go and take a look and take part in all of the fun.

Something a little bit extra: 
HIghlight's from the Birmingham cup match...

Edited by chicken
  • Thanks 1

Update for international fans:
image.png.200eb5f1d008d649681e95f624906c8a.png

This is a screen grab from facebook so if you need the direct link you can find this post there.

Edited by chicken

No Sara at all. Sinani on the bench and Dowell back in the starting line-up. Dowell's going to have to physically impose himself more, it's not really been his thing so far. But he might be the most likely to send one of those throughballs Pukki loves.

May be an image of 1 person and text that says "355 LINE-UP 1 KRUL 2 AARONS 4 OMOBAMIDELE 5 HANLEY CAPT 19 SORENSEN 23 McLEAN LOTU 26 NÚÑEZ 10 DOWELL 14 CANTWELL 22 PUKKI 17 RASHICA sky bet CHAMPIONSHIP SUBS GIBSON GIBBS HERNÁNDEZ SINANI RAMSEY SARGENT"

Edited by TheGunnShow
  • Like 1

If I manage to get the pilgrimage to FCR this season, I'm buying that top. Hell, I'm going FKW and turning up in training in it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, chicken said:

May be an image of ‎text that says "‎CHIP SPICE HULL CITY שיש ONE FAMILY ONE DREAM. INGRAM COYLE (C) ELDER GREAVES JONES FIGUEIREDO TUFAN ALLAHYAR ESTUPIÃÁN SLATER TETTEH BAXTER, CANNON, MCLOUGHLIN, WILKS, WILLIAMS,C. JONES, COVIL‎"‎

Good to see Tettey playing left-wing: hope the travelling fans will give him a good reception. And typical of him that he's changed his name to make it easier to say for people with Yorkshire accents.

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

If I manage to get the pilgrimage to FCR this season, I'm buying that top. Hell, I'm going FKW and turning up in training in it.

You will look back with regret later in life😱

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Robert N. LiM said:

That's quite an attacking line-up. 4-2-3-1 with Kenny and Núñez as the two? What could go wrong?

Suspect it’s more 4141 with Kenny screening, but we’ll see how they line up I suppose.

• Like 1

Just now, Robert N. LiM said:

Good to see Tettey playing left-wing: hope the travelling fans will give him a good reception. And typical of him that he's changed his name to make it easier to say for people with Yorkshire accents.

Didn't Webber once say we went to war without a gun? Seems a tad unfair that Hull had to go one further and get a Cannon... 

• Like 1

No defensive midfielder.  Would have played Gibbs myself. Kenny is going to have to work is bollux off in that 3.

Hugill binned off.

Can only assume Sara is injured otherwise seems bizarre to have a Villa loanee on the bench and our record signing isn't.

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

You will look back with regret later in life😱

No, that would be with a binners kit. I don't regret anything. 😛 

Going FKW with that kit and putting my name and a number (preference is 2) on the back, the whole shooting match. 😄  

Edited by TheGunnShow

Just now, The Real Buh said:

Jordan Hugill? Have I missed something?

Tuesday nights game. Was absolutely awful. No movement, lots of telling other players where to run, never at the races really. 

1 minute ago, Monty13 said:

Suspect it’s more 4141 with Kenny screening, but we’ll see how they line up I suppose.

Yeah, did wonder about that. Either way, it's attacking. If we don't score a few today there really is something wrong.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CANARYKING said:

Sinani MOM on Tuesday then dropped, bonkers

“SmItH jUsT nEeEds MoOoOorE TiMe”

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

No defensive midfielder.  Would have played Gibbs myself. Kenny is going to have to work is bollux off in that 3.

Hugill binned off.

Can only assume Sara is injured otherwise seems bizarre to have a Villa loanee on the bench and our record signing isn't.

Sara looked leggy on Tuesday, would be unfair to have him on the bench ahead of players able to go the whole 90mins if needed.

• Like 2

Callum Jones on the bench for Hull-his dad works for the company that fitted our new gas fires last year. He came round to show us the different fires they had on offer and spent ages talking about football.