2 goals
10 passes
90% pass accuracy
2 shots
2/2 accurate long balls
1/1 successful dribble
1 tackle won
2/4 duels won

Did we just manage a great talent really, really badly or is the level that much lower? 

Could he do a Toddy and come back and resurrect? 

A good season at Twente we double our money or he comes and is decent for us.

An average season we may still get our money back.

let’s hope it is the former.

Think he'll be back. Needed playing time. Don't become a bad player overnight. Couldn't settle, languages barriers etc you name it, but think he'll be in yellow again

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Tzolis debut - 20 minutes
2 goals
10 passes
90% pass accuracy
2 shots
2/2 accurate long balls
1/1 successful dribble
1 tackle won
2/4 duels won

Did we just manage a great talent really, really badly or is the level that much lower? 

His confidence was shot, we weren't in a situation to play him back into form last season or possibly this. The fact we could (and did) loan him without the option to buy shows that people in the game realise that form is temporary and this is our opportunity to get him back into form and mature him another year. As people said when we signed him, he is one for the future, that is still the case.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Sure - but my question is could he have played an important part this season? 

He has, money temporarily off the wage bill so we can afford to pay and play someone better for us at this time. If he storms it then as others have said, back into the fold. If that’s not happening then kerching. 

11 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Deanos made that call and many others if he's wrong , he'll probably end up dressed up as father Xmas in a Santa's grotto in the Birmingham area in 4 months time.🤔

32 minutes ago, RugbyCanary said:

Think he'll be back. Needed playing time. Don't become a bad player overnight. Couldn't settle, languages barriers etc you name it, but think he'll be in yellow again

I get that he was probably unsettled here as a young man in a strange country and language issues. But I’d guess that he has more of a grasp of English than Dutch, so if he settles in Holland then that might point to more footballing/management issues being the reason he struggled here.

Your name references a top 5 **** Norwich player so I laugh at anything you say. Even if you'll claim it's ironic to 

3 minutes ago, Grando said:

I get that he was probably unsettled here as a young man in a strange country and language issues. But I’d guess that he has more of a grasp of English than Dutch, so if he settles in Holland then that might point to more footballing/management issues being the reason he struggled here.

You would expect it would be harder for Nunez and Sara to settle in all honestly , but obviously hoping I'm wrong.😃

56 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Tzolis debut - 20 minutes
2 goals
10 passes
90% pass accuracy
2 shots
2/2 accurate long balls
1/1 successful dribble
1 tackle won
2/4 duels won

I saw that tweet too.
image.png.133b9e808133dd58ad7564f01d18a40e.png

39 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

From one of the people saying that he was an absolute waste of £9m... this is against a Serbian side too, so not particularly high quality. So lets, you know, not knee-jerk jump the gun... 

He has a 5 year contract. If he has a great season in Holland, and we get promoted, he’ll be a player we couldn’t afford if we were trying to buy him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

He has a 5 year contract. If he has a great season in Holland, and we get promoted, he’ll be a player we couldn’t afford if we were trying to buy him.

Exactly what I was about to post. Sinani scored 2, assisted 1 and hit the bar with an excellent chip against championship opposition the other night. He needed a loan to find his feet. If Tzolis needs it too then it's an excellent decision and we have 4 more years of him.

• Like 1

No not only messed up but Norwich coach team, fan base is rotten from the inside. 

If C Ronaldo went to Norwich instead of Man U and Farke was the manager, Ronaldo would be serving burgers at Mcdonalds right now. 

Tzolis was a proven goal scorer, he played againts top clubs and performed exceptionally well. But no Adam Idah had to be given the opportunities and the priority because reasons. 

You messed up, you f uped big time and with the mentality you have displayed as a collective it's just normal that you get the results you're getting. Tzolis was your ticket to stay in the PL this year. Its unfortunate, he's the real deal just needs to be developed properly and without any toxicity. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

22 minutes ago, Mengo said:

He did 2 of them almost identical. Doesn't matter if Twente was already winning, the quality of those goals are Top class level. Im very happy for him

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tzol Machine said:

He did 2 of them almost identical. Doesn't matter if Twente was already winning, the quality of those goals are Top class level. Im very happy for him

And here's another . Nice goals . 👏 

12 minutes ago, Tzol Machine said:

No not only messed up but Norwich coach team, fan base is rotten from the inside. 

If C Ronaldo went to Norwich instead of Man U and Farke was the manager, Ronaldo would be serving burgers at Mcdonalds right now. 

Tzolis was a proven goal scorer, he played againts top clubs and performed exceptionally well. But no Adam Idah had to be given the opportunities and the priority because reasons. 

You messed up, you f uped big time and with the mentality you have displayed as a collective it's just normal that you get the results you're getting. Tzolis was your ticket to stay in the PL this year. Its unfortunate, he's the real deal just needs to be developed properly and without any toxicity. 

I wish this post was trolling because it would be 10/10

1 hour ago, Grando said:

If you’ve ever been to Holland you’ll appreciate that they speak better English than us!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The standard in that division is pretty ropey, other than a few sides.  A good season for him does him and us no harm at all, so it’s fine if he does well. Imo not much to see here other than a few nice goals vs a poor side (remember he did play well v Bournemouth last season).  Players in our ‘age’ sides score nice goals all the time, it doesn’t mean they should suddenly be in the first team.

The answer to the question is ‘no’, but there’ll no doubt be a thread after nearly every game he plays.

Edited by Branston Pickle

1 hour ago, Canary dwarf said:

You would expect it would be harder for Nunez and Sara to settle in all honestly , but obviously hoping I'm wrong.😃

I wouldn't  he is younger.

• Like 1

Let's be honest, we've not seen anything from Tzolis to suggest he's of the standard we require. Two experienced managers came to that conclusion pretty quickly as well.

If the loan somehow transforms him into the top young talent he was touted to be, then great, we've got an option for next season. The more likely option is that we try to recoup part of the transfer fee we paid and cut our losses.

Pleased for him and hopefully a chance for him to continue to develop. A shame with what happened last season as he looks the business against a poor Bournemouth side in the cup, then penaltygate happened against Liverpool and we barely saw him again. There's clearly a talented player in there, hopefully he can play regularly this season for Twente

19 minutes ago, AJ said:

Pleased for him and hopefully a chance for him to continue to develop. A shame with what happened last season as he looks the business against a poor Bournemouth side in the cup, then penaltygate happened against Liverpool and we barely saw him again. There's clearly a talented player in there, hopefully he can play regularly this season for Twente

Let's hope so , but must look incredibly bad in training too have such little game time for us!

3 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

The standard in that division is pretty ropey, other than a few sides.  A good season for him does him and us no harm at all, so it’s fine if he does well. Imo not much to see here other than a few nice goals vs a poor side (remember he did play well v Bournemouth last season).  Players in our ‘age’ sides score nice goals all the time, it doesn’t mean they should suddenly be in the first team.

The answer to the question is ‘no’, but there’ll no doubt be a thread after nearly every game he plays.

The biggest differences between clubs in this day in age are the fixed matches and bias of referees towards the clubs with higher budget. If it wasn't for the corruption many clubs in europe would have better results and the top clubs would lose ALOT more than they do atm. You talk about standard but in all honesty the english league is not that great, not sure where you see the high standards? Is it in the special juices the trainers give their players or bought out referees? 

• Like 1

Higher quality video, the 2 goals are near the end

Watch Tzolis on his second goal just before cutting in for the shot he dribbled the ball between the legs of the defender while in motion... thats VERY impressive. 

Also on his first goal hes the one crossing the ball on the other side, basicly creating an opening and a play out of thin air. 

Just in case you had any doubts about his abilities. This guy is the real deal. There's no player on the current roster that can match his abilities, what a joke. 

Edited by Tzol Machine