Sign in to follow this  
mannings bandy legs

Hernandez

So Dean Smith has stated that he wants Hernandez to improve his end product. He's 29.Does anybody,let alone Smith,really believe that there is a cats in hell chance of that happening?....I've heard of late developers but sometimes you have to resign yourself to the fact this aint gonna happen.

"Smith calls on [insert name of every single Norwich City midfielder here] to improve end product."

Fixed it.

Tettey didn't look to be much of a passer until Farke arrived. I can recall him firing a ball at waist height at someone less than ten yards away and only looking  to pass 5yards before that. He also buckled under a bit of pressure when there wasn't an easy ball to play. Considering Tettey would have been about the same age, yeah, sure there is time. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

So Dean Smith has stated that he wants Hernandez to improve his end product. He's 29.Does anybody,let alone Smith,really believe that there is a cats in hell chance of that happening?....I've heard of late developers but sometimes you have to resign yourself to the fact this aint gonna happen.

I think it applies in spades to any of thel forward players especially Rashica. Its up to the wide men to make more of the spakce they have had in both league games.

Wut are they durn in traynun Dean?

It's possible to train it into him, but it's a two-way thing and sessions will have to be set up specifically for Onel to improve his crossing or whatever. I'm not sure just saying Onel has to improve his end product serves much purpose. City fans and some commentators have been saying that for the last 4 years.

33 minutes ago, chicken said:

Tettey didn't look to be much of a passer until Farke arrived. I can recall him firing a ball at waist height at someone less than ten yards away and only looking  to pass 5yards before that. He also buckled under a bit of pressure when there wasn't an easy ball to play. Considering Tettey would have been about the same age, yeah, sure there is time. 

That was one if Farke's big successes and it never really got talked about much. People remember the Tettey of his last few seasons but ye wasn't always that good.Tettey was amazing when he played under Farke and improved dramatically under his coaching. He was always a brilliant destroyer but his passing was shocking, somehow Farke coached him how to play and became one of out few genuine PL class players, it's such a shame he struggled so much with injuries. We could really do with a proper replacement, all round midfielders are nice, but a pure defensive, ball winning midfielder is extremely useful at times.

• Like 2

Some plays hit the peak of their careers at 29+. I absolutely think Hernandez can improve his end product if he listens and puts the work.

Its very possible the best of Hernandez is still to come. 

Hernandez in our first promotion season was immense. He only needs to get back to similar levels of form and he'd easily be the best winger we've got

2 minutes ago, AJ said:

Hernandez in our first promotion season was immense. He only needs to get back to similar levels of form and he'd easily be the best winger we've got

Exactly, people are forgetting just how good he was that year, 8 goals and 10 assists do not tend to some from a player with no end product. If we can get that Onel back he'll be a weapon and a half. He even had his moments in the Premier League season too. But he struggled back in the Championship for whatever reason and has never got back to his first, and to some degree, second season.

Hopefully this is a concerted effort, mind games or whatever, to get the 2018-2020 Hernandez back. 

• Like 1

If Smith thinks giving him a prod will get the best of him, then why not give it a go.  It’s interesting that there’s been a huge turnaround with Todd, but no one seems to be giving any credit to Smith/the club for it - I guess because they’ve already decided he’s crap.

• Like 2

Apparently Deano also told Onel to upgrade his Canary tattoo with the new design....Deano also said that Onel can use one of the new Stadium lights to laser off his old Canary badge tattoo.... 

2 hours ago, Ulfotto said:

If Hernandez had an end product he would not be playing for Norwich.

Dan James has no end product and played for the mighty United. Skies the limit for Onel! 😅