Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

No U2's

44 minutes ago, hogesar said:

At a park you don't have one fixed position that's hard to move away from.

The fact its a 10 week baby changes some of the potential problems but doesn't reduce them. In my mind it's insane to bring a 10 week baby into a large, crowded, often alcohol fuelled stadium with limited facilities to help.

I'd actually argue you are more likely to get medical help quickly at Carrow Rd than in most other situations in life.

However this is all by the by, I wouldn't do it, but ultimately it's the role of parents to analyse risk in situations such as these in my view. 

8 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

A ten week old baby being out at a social event until probably what was getting on for 11pm at night is ridiculous

Timing is actually not really the issue here. 10 week babies wake up every 2 hours regardless, so it makes no difference what time you’re up. They don’t fall into the day night rhythm for a while yet. The issue I see is the vulnerability to infection and illness at that age with such limited immune system strength to put a 10 week old in the presence of a few hundred to maybe a few thousand people in close proximity is incredibly ill advised and I’d suggest the parents need to consider this prior to their own need for social interaction. Especially for what is a very temporary time frame. Yes social time is important and limited when you’re a new parent, has this ever not been the case?? You just pull up your socks and get through it, pretty sure there’s more for new parents specifically now than there ever has been. 

2 hours ago, SwearyCanary said:

Timing is actually not really the issue here. 10 week babies wake up every 2 hours regardless, so it makes no difference what time you’re up. They don’t fall into the day night rhythm for a while yet. The issue I see is the vulnerability to infection and illness at that age with such limited immune system strength to put a 10 week old in the presence of a few hundred to maybe a few thousand people in close proximity is incredibly ill advised and I’d suggest the parents need to consider this prior to their own need for social interaction. Especially for what is a very temporary time frame. Yes social time is important and limited when you’re a new parent, has this ever not been the case?? You just pull up your socks and get through it, pretty sure there’s more for new parents specifically now than there ever has been. 

Has Dr Spock been reincarnated 

I'm flabberghasted! Have we finally found something the vast majority of this forum agree on?

I think I may need to go lie down... does... does this mean the forum is done?!!! 🥴😵🤯

• Haha 1

I do remember somebody asking what the “baby in arms” policy when we went to Wembley for the playoff final. 

Related tangent, I can't wait for the day some entrepreneur comes up with childfree flights, or at least splitting the damn plane into a family section and a solo section!

A mate of mine strapped his son to his chest and took him to a game recently.....His son is actually 19 years old and weighs 11 and a half stone - but my mate saved a few bob as his lad got in for free.....One negative though, is that at half-time his son wanted 'Bitty'.....

2 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

or at least splitting the damn plane into a family section and a solo section!

That’s a brilliant idea 😁

42 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

"Premium economy class" on some airlines is literally just a curtain and front seats. After that, it's the food. Had that with Brussels Airways this summer flying from Manchester to Brussels, then Brussels to Oslo (stayed overnight in Oslo, then on to my final destination, Svalbard, the next day). Somehow I'd landed in the premium economy class when booking it via Skyscanner, and the salad that was served was excellent. Not as good as the salmon salad I'd eaten with SAS flying to Oslo, which is one of the best damn things I've eaten ANYWHERE, whether cafe, restaurant, or what the heck ever, but still excellent.

Which makes me wonder, why not use a thicker curtain or just put a partition behind the seats near the wing for better soundproofing?

Wait, I'm gonna go off on one here if I don't watch out, ha!

Edited by TheGunnShow

56 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

And once it's split , let the child zone part plummet into the sea. 

15 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

"Premium economy class" on some airlines is literally just a curtain and front seats. After that, it's the food. Had that with Brussels Airways this summer flying from Manchester to Brussels, then Brussels to Oslo (stayed overnight in Oslo, then on to my final destination, Svalbard, the next day). Somehow I'd landed in the premium economy class when booking it via Skyscanner, and the salad that was served was excellent. Not as good as the salmon salad I'd eaten with SAS flying to Oslo, which is one of the best damn things I've eaten ANYWHERE, whether cafe, restaurant, or what the heck ever, but still excellent.

Which makes me wonder, why not use a thicker curtain or just put a partition behind the seats near the wing for better soundproofing?

Wait, I'm gonna go off on one here if I don't watch out, ha!

Can't blame the kids Gunnso.... It's always the parents fault. Always.

32 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Can't blame the kids Gunnso.... It's always the parents fault. Always.

That's bloody true to be fair.

6 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

You'll be wanting a lurkers section next. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

You'll be wanting a lurkers section next. 

You’ll post something on topic one day 

9 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Related tangent, I can't wait for the day some entrepreneur comes up with childfree flights, or at least splitting the damn plane into a family section and a solo section!

Can't we just tag the kids and put them in the hold? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

You’ll post something on topic one day 

You wont ignore the ones where I do, one day.

Plenty of them, but that doesn't suit your agenda. 

22 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

You wont ignore the ones where I do, one day.

Plenty of them, but that doesn't suit your agenda. 

How about you stay on topic and stop following some posters around the forum then ? Win win for everyone, and we could certainly do with one 😁

4 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

How about you stay on topic and stop following some posters around the forum then ? Win win for everyone, and we could certainly do with one 😁

Why dont you grow up, and stop being a sheep........

Oh and the irony of you playing the poster again....... 😂 

I'll help you out here, but here's a link to one of my posts, in this thread, on topic.  That you claim I don't do.  

Edited by Greavsy

18 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

How about you stay on topic and stop following some posters around the forum then or maybe just give reactions to posts like i do.

Fixed.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Fixed.

Thats good Tilly - May I go as so far to say Hilarious! 

On 10/08/2022 at 10:55, alex_ncfc said:

Why would you want to take a child under 2 to the football? They have no attention span nor any interest in what's going on.

Because the parents are too selfish