Sign in to follow this  

12 minutes ago, hogesar said:

It's not a love in. I just defend him against people on here who have picked him, despite being proven at this level, and I agree with ex pros who say that most fans are incapable of recognising everything McLean does for the team, but managers and players do.

It's also not even slightly controversial. Only against some loud voices in here. At the games, in the lower barclay, McLeans name was sung even last season. People all around me are generally supportive of him.

I'm not the biggest fan of McLean but I thought he looked excellent when he moved back into the DCM role in the Wigan game and was decent when he came on last night. He's a proven Championship midfielder.

OTBC

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hogesar said:

It's not a love in. I just defend him against people on here who have picked him, despite being proven at this level, and I agree with ex pros who say that most fans are incapable of recognising everything McLean does for the team, but managers and players do.

It's also not even slightly controversial. Only against some loud voices in here. At the games, in the lower barclay, McLeans name was sung even last season. People all around me are generally supportive of him.

I thought Rivvo put it best last season. He said that he judges players on whether they prevent goals, create goals or score goals. McLean does none of that (his view).

His stats from the first title win (18/19) have little value on his current performances.

In my view, a journeyman pro who has been a fantastic servant for the club but not convinced he warrants being a guaranteed starter.

1 hour ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

What does it actually have to do with you

I'll quote the first part of your reply back to you. 

CC appears to be able to look after himself, and he also has the ignore or report facility. 

As you were! 

1 hour ago, Kanadyan Kanary said:

He said that he judges players on whether they prevent goals, create goals or score goals.

that seems a very odd metric by which to judge a 6/8 midfielder. Surely the job is mostly to do with breaking up play and using possession effectively. Obviously those things contribute to preventing and creating goals, but they don't do so directly. But it might explain why people are so down on Kenny, who does a lot of the unglamorous stuff. 

It's pretty clear where he is: he's a reliable Championship midfielder who has played a decent role in our last two title wins. Clearly a good squad player at this level at least. His limitations are exposed in the PL, but with the possible exception of Pukki, whose aren't in our current team?

2 hours ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

What does it actually have to do with you or anyone else for that matter? Why do you even care? And why on earth would he tell anything about himself to someone who comes across as the forum's Norman Bates? 

Following another poster around and hassling him on a daily basis is weird as f*ck and you've been at it for months now. 

Simply click the ignore button on him and move on. It's gone beyond a joke now; not that it was that funny to begin with.

OTBC 

You going to dig everyone out on this thread too - who are also encouraging CC to attend a match at FCR too? 

You never know this could develop into something good! 

3 hours ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

What does it actually have to do with you or anyone else for that matter? Why do you even care? And why on earth would he tell anything about himself to someone who comes across as the forum's Norman Bates? 

Following another poster around and hassling him on a daily basis is weird as f*ck and you've been at it for months now. 

Simply click the ignore button on him and move on. It's gone beyond a joke now; not that it was that funny to begin with.

OTBC 

Well said. It would do the forum the world of good is Greavsy could just hit ignore and stop with the constant sniping. 

I like the idea of funding a ticket for CC though, as a nice gesture, but I can't help but feel that Greavsy's attempts are more out of spite and point scoring rather than genuine good-nature.

Also I'm not sure if anyone is privy to CC's reasons if he indeed cannot attend matches, but financial reasons are not the only barrier and there could be a whole other raft of health / family / personal reasons. The fact CC keeps ignoring the matter quite deliberately would suggest he does not want to discuss it, so maybe stop with the constant prying and leave him to his business - because its certainly none of anyone else's!

I know he brings it on himself sometimes with some pretty dross posts which do deserve stick now and again but the creepy stalking from Greavsy is just odd at this point. 

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Well said. It would do the forum the world of good is Greavsy could just hit ignore and stop with the constant sniping. 

I like the idea of funding a ticket for CC though, as a nice gesture, but I can't help but feel that Greavsy's attempts are more out of spite and point scoring rather than genuine good-nature.

Also I'm not sure if anyone is privy to CC's reasons if he indeed cannot attend matches, but financial reasons are not the only barrier and there could be a whole other raft of health / family / personal reasons. The fact CC keeps ignoring the matter quite deliberately would suggest he does not want to discuss it, so maybe stop with the constant prying and leave him to his business - because its certainly none of anyone else's!

I know he brings it on himself sometimes with some pretty dross posts which do deserve stick now and again but the creepy stalking from Greavsy is just odd at this point. 

Whoa there Skyler - replying to post is a crime is it? As ive said before its nigh on impossible to reply to a thread that he hasnt been involved on. If CC doesnt like it, then why does he reply to mine too? works both says surely? 

Ok maybe I have asked a little more than others about his attendance - but there certainly no malice in anything I post, to him or any one else. Others have also made the same comment / raised the same question. 

For info CC and I have PM'd each other on a couple on occasions, which have always been polite and respectful (both ways) and I have even helped him out on a forum issue privately.

In my opinion CC likes the attention, and to be provocative to make it all about him, and fair comment, maybe I bite more than others, or I should but its hardly a crime.

As you were!  

48 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

100% agree with every word Hank.

OTBC

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

You going to dig everyone out on this thread too - who are also encouraging CC to attend a match at FCR too? 

You never know this could develop into something good! 

No, just the creepy stalker who knows exactly what they're doing.

OTBC

Just now, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

No, just the creepy stalker who knows exactly what they're doing.

OTBC

Thanks for your input. 

2 hours ago, Greavsy said:

I'll quote the first part of your reply back to you. 

CC appears to be able to look after himself, and he also has the ignore or report facility. 

As you were! 

He shouldn't have to 'look after himself' just because you get your jollies stalking him. You know nothing about him or his circumstances or the impact it may/may not be having on him.

Constant harassment by others is not acceptable, wherever it takes place; the children I teach grasp that very basic concept with ease - I'm not sure why you don't.

OTBC

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

He shouldn't have to 'look after himself' just because you get your jollies stalking him. You know nothing about him or his circumstances or the impact it may/may not be having on him.

Constant harassment by others is not acceptable, wherever it takes place; the children I teach grasp that very basic concept with ease - I'm not sure why you don't.

OTBC

Im sure the kids you teach are grateful and well rounded. 

Shame real life is going to bite them on the ar$e once they are out of the comfort of your classroom. 

If anyone wants to fund my next match I'd like a box please for me and my extended family of eight. Ideally around Christmas time so you can all chip in with prezzies too 

2 minutes ago, raunds canary said:

If anyone wants to fund my next match I'd like a box please for me and my extended family of eight. Ideally around Christmas time so you can all chip in with prezzies too 

I think @FenwayFrank is making the list...................

Just now, FenwayFrank said:

Where will you get the time to chase all the Carrow Road non attendees on here ?

That's the beauty of it, my friend, you're making the list! 

As you were! 

I wonder if Sorenson needs to be coached to be more aggressive. He certainly took that goal well and what a goal it was!

Don't know about Mclean. One argument is he's great at this level (but are the likes of Sara, Hayden & Nunez now ahead of him) but as someone else has said, when you look at his stats, he rarely scores, rarely assists, and is rarely up there in tackles etc.

For one of our most experienced players to step up for the 1st player and not even hit the target (something he is good at 🤣) is really poor, and that could have cost us the game, save for the other four Norwich players then showing him how to score!